Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:04am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 3/31/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
October 2013 Chit Chat - Page 80post #1581 of 272810/19/13 at 3:02pmpost #1582 of 272810/19/13 at 3:09pmpost #1583 of 272810/19/13 at 3:46pm
I'm actually surprised I scored so low, with the breastfeeding other peoples babies, co-sleeping, healthy food, and cloth diapering. Not sure what got me. Maybe the home birth questions.
Jaimee- I was not trying to be judgy either. My girls have been NOTHING like DS. He climbed onto the counters, put the cat in the dryer, and bit quite literally EVERY child he came across for 2 years. He was a terrorist in a different way than B is. I couldn't just say "Don't do that" I had to hover parent and say it 5,000 before he realized I was serious. But I did it all 5,000 times and eventually he quit trying. I remember purposely not going to peoples houses because he would destroy everything in his path. Some kids are just hard. BUT at the same time it is hard to find the balance between paying special attention to that uber-destructive kid, and finding ways to make sure the other children in the family can continue to have access to the things they need to develop their own skills. Does that make sense?post #1584 of 272810/19/13 at 3:48pmpost #1585 of 272810/19/13 at 4:44pmpost #1586 of 272810/19/13 at 4:52pm
I broke the bottom of the zipper on this stupid jacket I have been working on all day. It only needs the sleeves and collar now, but Im waiting to finish the bottom because I want to see if I can fix the zipper or if I have to put in a new one.
Joanie its cold here too. Like 35-45 cold, and really foggy.
The kids are really excited to have pumpkin pancakes for dinner. I think its because they don't realize I'm actually just putting vegetables in the pancakes...post #1587 of 272810/19/13 at 4:57pmPumpkin veggie-filled pancakes sound pretty ingenius, Ash.
I wish I could get Sora to eat something healthy while she's sick. She has no appetite. I'm trying to withhold milk from her cuz it increases mucous production and she has the worst chest congestion already.
Edited by birdhappy85 - 10/19/13 at 5:16pmpost #1588 of 272810/19/13 at 5:01pmpost #1589 of 272810/19/13 at 5:03pmpost #1590 of 272810/19/13 at 5:18pmpost #1591 of 272810/19/13 at 5:38pmI was going through my pictures and found this one of A spontaneously helping. I'm not sure if I shared it as a snap or not. Lol.
I finally got to make my cakes. I stacked them to fit them all in the toaster oven and the top ones expanded onto the heating element.
Edited by seraf - 10/19/13 at 5:50pmpost #1592 of 272810/19/13 at 5:56pmpost #1593 of 272810/19/13 at 6:02pmpost #1594 of 272810/19/13 at 6:35pmpost #1595 of 272810/19/13 at 6:39pmpost #1596 of 272810/19/13 at 6:41pmpost #1597 of 272810/19/13 at 6:51pmpost #1598 of 272810/19/13 at 7:04pmThe jacket is awesome.
Joanie, half a stick of butter and a cup of chocolate chips in a bowl. 3 eggs and half a cup of sugar in another. Stir the eggs and sugar. Melt the chocolate 30 seconds at a time in the microwave. Combine the two bowls of yum. Put it into ramekins and bake 20 minutes at 350 or until the center is set. Yum.post #1599 of 272810/19/13 at 7:22pm
Ash! Post a pic of the jacket here!
Sara, those cakes, omg. How are things at home these days?
Joanie, so sorry you guys are sick. I can't believe it's sick season already.
Jaimee, wow lots to consider with your kids. I can only imagine how difficult it is to juggle those three personalities and try and make it come out equal for everybody. I was a nanny for 3 kids, two of whom were twins (I was with them from when they were 2 days old!), and the last was a boy who was 2.5 years older. They were all SO different and it was SO challenging trying to be fair to everyone. I'm glad you can talk it all through here.
I got 161 on the crunchy test.
KJ's sleep has been a million times better the last 2 nights, although I'm certain I just jinxed it by mentioning that.
I was thinking of Amanda last night under that gorgeous moon!post #1600 of 272810/19/13 at 8:16pm
This is the costume. I need to take the center knot up a bit because the front is low. And add decorative snaps to the jacket. Everything but the jacket only took an hour. But that jacket made me not want to sew for a LONG time. Which is a joke becausey niece is coming over for me to make her costume tomorrow
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › The John Adams Story 7 minutes ago
- › Is anyone else having spotting? 7 minutes ago
- › feeling baby move 13 minutes ago
- › More Ontario mandatory vaxxes 24 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 24 minutes ago
- › Christian mom April '14 26 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant & Parenting January, February & March 2014 30 minutes ago
- › Grateful but tired 32 minutes ago
- › Pictures Used to Warn Parents 36 minutes ago
- › Weaning antics 38 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo