Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Yesterday at 7:19 pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 2/3/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
October 2013 Chit Chat - Page 104post #2061 of 272810/23/13 at 5:12pmpost #2062 of 272810/23/13 at 5:25pmpost #2063 of 272810/23/13 at 5:35pmpost #2064 of 272810/23/13 at 5:53pmpost #2065 of 272810/23/13 at 6:06pmpost #2066 of 272810/23/13 at 6:45pmJust trying to not puke, and ended up here at starbucks with a free drink (freebies are the only reason I came today lol haven't been here in ages). Eli is hanging out in s own comfy chair since they were actually available for once.
Any one else's kid a terror to get dressed? Ugh, getting Eli dressed has become a nightmare, if he isn't constantly running away, he is kicking and flailing while I unsuccessfully try to restrain him somewhat so I can him dressed. Also, having a hard time finding a hat for his giant head...post #2067 of 272810/23/13 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Autumnshades
Just trying to not puke, and ended up here at starbucks with a free drink (freebies are the only reason I came today lol haven't been here in ages). Eli is hanging out in s own comfy chair since they were actually available for once.
Any one else's kid a terror to get dressed? Ugh, getting Eli dressed has become a nightmare, if he isn't constantly running away, he is kicking and flailing while I unsuccessfully try to restrain him somewhat so I can him dressed. Also, having a hard time finding a hat for his giant head...
Shay is. I have literally put his pants on him while holding upside down by one ankle more than once. The child hates clothes.post #2068 of 272810/23/13 at 7:03pmpost #2069 of 272810/23/13 at 7:17pmCoralie will get dressed and then be half naked again by the time we're ready to leave. I will put her shoes on and they're missing again within minutes.. Today she kept taking her boots and skirt off at Kmart to try on clothes. Like literally every time I set her down she was half naked again..
Sonja, You HAVE to be pregnant, there just isn't another option really...
Nicole, Good luck packing, I think the worst part of traveling is packing and then un-packing and cleaning things once you get home again..post #2070 of 272810/23/13 at 7:53pmpost #2071 of 272810/23/13 at 8:18pm
Joanie, I'm glad that I could help you, and I am deeply touched by what you said about me, thank you. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Do you think you worry about your own health more because of all you've experienced with him? Did you say once that your mom has health issues too? I just want to emphasize that your fate is NOT that of your parents. Truly. Maybe I'm off-base here but I want to throw that out there. Also it's exciting to hear you're thinking of changing your unhappy work situation, I hope it works out for you!
Nicole! That's great news about the sitter. Do you know her well? Or does your DH? Can't wait to hear how it goes!
Sonja, KJ is a *little* reluctant to get dressed, but I just calmly say "ok! tell me when you're ready to put your (socks/pants/shirt/etc) on!" and usually she immediately comes over and lets me do it. Or she wants to do something else and I'll keep with the "ok! As soon as we get dressed." So it's not too bad over here. Hope you get some answers soon, we are all dying to know too!
Abra, love the Coralie in Kmart story! Such a great image.
Jaimee, that's fabulous about your carpool situation. We all know that crazy anxiety of the cursed car nap. Glad you can avoid that one! And how'd I get so wise? Breakdowns. Lots and lots of breakdowns. Er, spiritual awakenings. That's what I meant. Oh yeah, and the Oprah magazine, duh.
Sara, I felt like I was going to cry reading about Sara threatening to take the babies. I'm so, so sorry you're dealing with all of this and wish there were some way I could help. We will soon have a finished basement if you need to run away and hide out for awhile. Seriously :) Hope the schedule helps ease the tension. You are an inspirational woman and mom.
Hi Ash and Amanda!
OK so night weaning round 2 has been an absolute miracle. KJ says many times throughout the day "Milkie on the couch or chair. No milkie in the bed." So I know she's truly assimilating it, digesting it, understanding it. She hasn't pushed for milk in bed for a week and she's been waking up only once per night for at least the last 4-5 days. I can't even believe how much better things are. The only catch is she is waking up EARLY (like 5:30ish every morning) but I don't even care. I can go to bed earlier, I just can't deal with the broken sleep. So still not quite banking enough hours but I feel eight trillion times better at least.post #2072 of 272810/23/13 at 8:31pmI'm getting sick. And having anxiety. My dad's girlfriend's son wanted to view the body so we're doing that tomorrow afternoon. And I have mixed feelings about doing that. We're just doing a viewing and then some kind of food here at my aunt's house where we're staying (probably a couple blocks from Sonja!) No service. The bigger memorial will be in Ontario where the bulk of his family and friends are, but I'm having anxiety about that. I haven't cried today. I just feel stupid and useless.post #2073 of 272810/23/13 at 8:32pmpost #2074 of 272810/23/13 at 8:42pm
Glad to hear that night weaning is going better. We managed to easily night-wean Coralie, but she's still waking up 3 times!!!! She gets up around 1:00am to pee, then at 3:00am to moan and need a kiss, then at 6:00am to nurse and then she's up for the day around 8:00am.. So, she's not nursing at night, but not much has improved. Boooo! That's what sucks about having a night-time potty trained child, diapers are so much easier....
Tonight is a night for ORGANIC cherry, lime and gin jello. Mmmmmm.post #2075 of 272810/23/13 at 8:42pm
Oh Kirstin! I'm so, so sorry. You don't have to go to that viewing. You really don't. Not going has nothing to do with how much you loved your dad or what a wonderful daughter you are, I promise. I'm just so freaking sorry and wish I could help somehow. Everything you're feeling is exactly what you're supposed to be feeling right now. ((((((((Kirstin))))))))post #2076 of 272810/23/13 at 9:05pmOh Kirsten, we must have cross posted. Katie is absolutely right, you are feeling all of the things you are supposed to be feeling. Death makes us feel things that don't seem to make sense, and don't seem to have anything to do with the relationship or loved one we lost- but they are all valid feelings, and they are all part of a big process. Mourning feels like crap. Its just awful, and wrenching. But even when it feels like too much just try to remember that you are moving through, because its a process, and someday you will feel better. You are not stupid, you are not useless. I'm so sorry you are going through this, and I second wishing there was something I could do to make you feel better.post #2077 of 272810/23/13 at 9:11pmpost #2078 of 272810/23/13 at 9:16pmpost #2079 of 272810/23/13 at 9:36pm
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › How do I deal with the defiance?? 2 minutes ago
- › Joint pain :( 5 minutes ago
- › How to breastfeed and still lead a normal life? 11 minutes ago
- › Confused 14 minutes ago
- › Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction 16 minutes ago
- › How do you handle standardized testing? 18 minutes ago
- › Looking for an easy to use, affordable carseat and stroller... 34 minutes ago
- › 2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects 34 minutes ago
- › Have you bought anything yet? 46 minutes ago
- › Nausea 46 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher