That would be nice. I'm watching the last season now. I like the changes they've made.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Yesterday at 3:22 pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/2/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
October 2013 Chit Chat - Page 113post #2241 of 272810/25/13 at 7:29pmpost #2242 of 272810/25/13 at 7:50pm
Kirsten, I'm glad things went well for you today.
Sonja, I think it would be a good idea to keep Eli in a shortish cut, but with bangs. My nephew has a similar shaped head and that's the haircut that looks best on him.. Here's a pic..
Joanie, Sometimes you just have to do what's best for you. There is a balance between being stable and changing your mind, but no one really should stay miserable and it seems like the part time job you had before was a better balance. You get more time at home and with Sora, but you still get out of the house for some adult time and stimulation.
I finished my Halloween mask tonight, it didn't take too long. The party should be way fun tomorrow night!post #2243 of 272810/25/13 at 8:01pm
I am almost to scared to attempt at cutting Eli's hair myself - might have to take him somewhere to get his hair cut... will have to ask around... I can trim his hair, but I am not sure if I trust myself to do it right. Thanks for the picture Abra it gives me a better idea of what to do...:)
Kirsten, I am glad it went well... Have a good night!post #2244 of 272810/25/13 at 8:01pmpost #2245 of 272810/25/13 at 8:06pm
Joanie, oh yes, I'm ambivalent about freaking everything. It's mighty tiresome. You've got a lot to think about... keep talking it through with us!
Abra - can't wait to see pics from the party!
Kirstin, I love this season, too. Love more involvement from Tim Gunn (I can never get enough of him!), especially the Tim Gunn save! And the designers are unbelievable.
KJ is in love with this right now, and it's in my head pretty much 24/7:post #2246 of 272810/25/13 at 11:45pmpost #2247 of 272810/26/13 at 1:10ampost #2248 of 272810/26/13 at 5:39ampost #2249 of 272810/26/13 at 5:48ampost #2250 of 272810/26/13 at 5:52amThread Starter
Sonja, I would give it a try on your own b/c it's really not that hard to make it look good as long as he'll sit still for a bit. You can try his favorite app or show with a lollipop or something like that. There are youtube videos you can check out as well.
Kirsten, I'm so glad the viewing was a positive experience and you're through it now. Definitely treat yourself to whatever you need right now. ((HUGS))
Abra, can't wait to see pics of the party! How long will you guys wait for the loan to come through before selling to the other buyer?
Joanie, I'm sorry for what your dh said to you. I would definitely take it personally, too. I think that Katie said good things (as usual). I want to also throw out there some thoughts about what your dh might be feeling in hopes that maybe it will be helpful in bringing you two to a common ground of understanding. But I'll need to come back to it as my kids need things.
Good morning to everyone else!post #2251 of 272810/26/13 at 6:57ampost #2252 of 272810/26/13 at 7:51ampost #2253 of 272810/26/13 at 8:03ampost #2254 of 272810/26/13 at 8:56amJoanie, how're you feeling about it today?
I lost the rest of my thoughts for personals when the page changed.
Katie, how was your night?
I can't do night weaning because I sleep like the dead. I talk in my sleep, like entire conversations. I also nurse in my sleep and turn off my alarms. I was almost late this morning because I turned off both alarms in my sleep and woke 10 minutes before time to leave. On the bright side, there was a pot of coffee waiting for me at work.post #2255 of 272810/26/13 at 9:13ampost #2256 of 272810/26/13 at 9:51ampost #2257 of 272810/26/13 at 9:57amThread Starter
Nice, Ash! Sounds like an awesome night out! Sorry for the early wake up, though.
Nicole and Amanda, have fun! Looking forward to pics!
Joanie, sorry to leave that dangling for so long, but this morning was crazy as usual. So much fighting. Anyway, what I wanted to say was just before dh and I got married, he was applying to clinical psych PhD programs. He thought he wanted to be a clinician. He didn't get in to any of them. But he did get into a Family Studies program. So he went that direction. Part way through his program he thought he wanted to do family therapy. So he applied to different schools, flew out on interviews, etc. and then decided he wanted to stay where he was. I supported him through all that with my job. Then we moved for his post doc. Then we moved for his first faculty position. Then he was unhappy at the first university (in MD) and applied elsewhere. Now where here... in Illinois. I have followed him around for 11 years and it's been hard. It's hard to constantly change. I know this situation isn't quite the same as yours b/c your dh has a job- you're not supporting him. And now my dh is supporting me while I stay at home, which your dh could do for you as well. And it doesn't seem like you're asking him to move to follow your dreams, either, so that's different, too. But I feel like I can see how sometimes it's a challenge to keep supporting someone unconditionally when things keep changing.
I would never suggest that he has the right to stop supporting you or make you feel badly about this journey, however. I think a better approach is for him to help- helping you talk through things, brainstorm, etc. so it feels more like something you're doing together. Your next choices may require sacrifices on his part and it is important that he is on the same page as you or that will cause resentment. I'm sure he wants to support you as best he can, but when things keep changing he doesn't know how to do that. I'm sure he wants you to be happy with whatever you're doing, but he may fear that your next choice also makes you unhappy and then you're back doing this all over again. There may also be some feelings of uncertainty around children as well... will you have another one and if so, how will that affect your next career move? How will it affect the marriage? Etc. etc. These issues are huge and sometimes difficult to talk about b/c they are so intertwined with emotions- especially feelings of self worth and feelings about security (both financially and emotionally). I know I get all defensive and flustered when dh and I talk about these things. But I know if I don't talk them through with him I can't expect him to understand where I'm at and what I'm thinking. And I can't get help from him or the support I need if he doesn't know what it is I'm needing.
I know you've been seeking some therapy, would this be something you could discuss together with a moderator?post #2258 of 272810/26/13 at 10:10ampost #2259 of 272810/26/13 at 10:27amThread Starterpost #2260 of 272810/26/13 at 10:28am
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Covering while beast feeding 1 minute ago
- › 3 year old NEEDS pacifier 3 minutes ago
- › Milk leaking on only one side? 5 minutes ago
- › what is on your Christmas list? 5 minutes ago
- › Everyone's a critic.... 6 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 7 minutes ago
- › August 2014 9 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions December 10 minutes ago
- › Non-Vaxing and Vaxing Parents 10 minutes ago
- › Northwest Indiana/Chicago area in home ABA & autism resources 10 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013! by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo