Good morning, all
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:04am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 2/3/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
October 2013 Chit Chat - Page 126post #2501 of 272810/29/13 at 5:18ampost #2502 of 272810/29/13 at 5:26ampost #2503 of 272810/29/13 at 5:58amThread Starterpost #2504 of 272810/29/13 at 6:19ampost #2505 of 272810/29/13 at 6:21ampost #2506 of 272810/29/13 at 6:24amThread Starterpost #2507 of 272810/29/13 at 6:37am
Yeah, I have a few other people I can check in with. So, hopefully someone can come pick me up. She said there are cabs, but the station is pretty far from their house so it'd be an expensive cab ride.
Rain started here this morning and is supposed to be thunderstorms, but so far just rain. I'm hoping it'll clear out in time for Halloween. This is the first year DD1 is super excited about ToT and it will really suck if we're doing it in the rain. I know it'll make me cranky about it.post #2508 of 272810/29/13 at 7:21am
Good morning everyone.
I think it rains here almost every year on Halloween. This year is supposed to be really foggy and cold. And while foggy is great for spook factor, it also seems really dangerous.
We have a play date today at an indoor play area. Its designed to bring your own lunch then have open play, so parents can sit and toddlers can be crazy. Its a "nut free facility" but I still get nervous because kids run around with their food, and not everybody cares about rules (or believes in food allergies).
I felt like Jasper this morning I didnt want to get up.post #2509 of 272810/29/13 at 7:22am
How far did you run, Jaimee? I've been running and actually accomplished my longest run a week ago, at 4 miles. Feels SO GOOD! I'm lightly training for a 10K thanksgiving run. If I can't go that far by the time Turkey Day comes, I'm doing the 5K.
Mal, I LOVE people watching. Unfortunately, you'll only be watching people pick boogers and drink, when you're on the train. The sight-seeing car is SOO FUN! I remember one morning waking up to a blood red sun, passing a lake and watching an elk drink out of it. So beautiful. That sucks you'll have to wait so long after your train. Maybe you'll get lucky and the train will run late, like they almost always do.
AFM: I've been really tired as of late. Only sick once, but only because I hadn't eaten in time. Other than being tired, I've felt pretty great this pregnancy. Billy is getting me canning stuff for my bday!!! He gave me part of my present last night, even though my birthday isn't til the 2nd. Canning jars. SO EXCITED!post #2510 of 272810/29/13 at 7:30amMal, if you get desperate enough, I'm only two hours from STL. =)
Good morning. Today is drive home day. Hopefully it goes as well as the ride here did. But I'm not expecting anything, that way I can't be disappointed.
Jaimee, I'm jealous of your determination. I wish I could get myself to do that. I need someone with me to make me go. My co-worker works out at the gym I'm joining one I go back so she'll be that person for me. I just need to figure out safe exercises that won't damage my stomach more.
Alright, back to packing...post #2511 of 272810/29/13 at 7:33ampost #2512 of 272810/29/13 at 7:33am
Mal, If I were you I'd bring a book and chill. I like waiting because it's forced relaxation and I suck at relaxing.
Yay for running!
I think it's supposed to be nice here for Halloween. Yeah, low of 61 high of 72. No rain.
He's been into sleeping in. Lol. He usually wakes up during my shower. He stumbles into the bathroom like a little drunk, flings open the door, and squints at me in the bright light. It cracks me up every morning.post #2513 of 272810/29/13 at 7:35ampost #2514 of 272810/29/13 at 7:37amQuote:
I love controlling my pace to my own thoughts. It helps me slow my mind down. I really can't handle intense workouts. THAT is when *I* would die!post #2515 of 272810/29/13 at 7:40amThread Starter
Becky, me too! When I'm in good running place I typically run 3-6 miles 3-4 times a week. But, I've been stuck in a running rut lately- running the same 2.5 mile run over and over and over again. Avalon even ran it with me once it's that easy. LOL. Today I woke up motivated and just went a different direction and did 4.1 miles. Definitely time to step it up. I was planning on doing a 10K in the spring, but like I mentioned in a previous post, I'd really like to train for the half.post #2516 of 272810/29/13 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Jaimee
Becky, me too! When I'm in good running place I typically run 3-6 miles 3-4 times a week. But, I've been stuck in a running rut lately- running the same 2.5 mile run over and over and over again. Avalon even ran it with me once it's that easy. LOL. Today I woke up motivated and just went a different direction and did 4.1 miles. Definitely time to step it up. I was planning on doing a 10K in the spring, but like I mentioned in a previous post, I'd really like to train for the half.
Michael has run with me before. He kept up the whole mile around the square. At the time, if he'd had his way, it would've been a 10 minute mile instead of an 11 minute mile LOL That's really awesome about training for the half. You definitely have time and running during the winter is AWESOME! I love the cool air and knowing I won't overheat from running so far. As soon as it started cooling off some, I found I could run farther and faster. OH! Funny little quote I heard the other day: "Runners don't die, they just thin out." and it had a picture of a tall, thin runner. I wonder if that's true. If it is, I want my thighs taken away! Those things seem to GROW the more I run. hahapost #2517 of 272810/29/13 at 8:10am
Good morning all!
I don't tend to run, my hips have just never been the same since I had kids. There is no way I could run while pregnant, the moment the relaxin hits my system it's over. I like elliptical machines or walking a few miles with Coralie on my back. I do have an elliptical here, but it sucks to use it with small kids and getting interrupted every 4 minutes.
Nicole, Did your cousin have her baby okay? Have a safe drive home!post #2518 of 272810/29/13 at 8:17am
Nicole, drive safe! Only 2 hours from STL? I'm going to be there for three nights, hint hint. Lol!
Amanda, chilling with a book would sound great if I wasn't getting off of a 5 hour solo train ride. I have a feeling I'll be beyond chilled out and needing some interaction by then! My friend said I should just hang out at a bar until they get there. But I think it might look weird if I walk into a bar with my huge suitcase. Y/N?
Jaimee, I don't know how you do. Running and me don't get along. My mom likes to make fun of me about my failed attempt to join the track and field team in high school. See, I thought I could do the field part, but they still wanted me to run at practice for some reason, lol. I think I went to two practices before I said screw it. Tennis was more my style. Constant movement, but in short spurts.post #2519 of 272810/29/13 at 8:44am
Does anybody have any suggestions- Im so out of the loop when it comes to toys. I want something like a Leap Pad for B, age appropriate, that will help encourage repeating words (speech) or learning simple concepts. Something we can use at home or in the car, something portable. Any ideas?post #2520 of 272810/29/13 at 8:53am
Mal, I used to travel a lot. I spent a lot of time in bars with a suitcase. Lol. In fact, I used to take the train from the airport and then wait for a cab in the pub Nicole and I went to on Sat. So I don't think it's weird at all! I also have spent a greater than average amount of time alone in bars reading. So my perspective may be off??
Ash, nope. Sorry. But I'm interested to hear suggestions. J has a Leap Pad or something that someone handed down to us. It frustrated him and caused tantrums, so I hid it. Oops.
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Help!? 1 minute ago
- › Four and 1/2 year old wont do pretend play 2 minutes ago
- › The 0.3% according to Voice For Vaccines 2 minutes ago
- › Winter just won't let up! Grrrr! 5 minutes ago
- › 2014 Low Income Support Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Rosehip Seed Oil really, really works! 8 minutes ago
- › Ailyn Dharma 10 minutes ago
- › organizing before baby comes... 11 minutes ago
- › Confessions 12 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 14 (starts March 3,... 15 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild