I'm up for moving to a private site. I will likely stay here too if that's what people want though.. Should everyone email you their vote?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:04am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 2/3/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
October 2013 Chit Chat - Page 128post #2541 of 272810/29/13 at 2:41pmpost #2542 of 272810/29/13 at 2:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jaimee
Regarding the privacy of this group... looks like Cynthia hit a wall. The development team has no intention of making private groups a priority and they cannot give us a private forum as a DDC, apparently. So, there you have it. It sounded to me like most core members are interested in moving to a different platform to get more privacy. To be sure of this, should we do an anonymous survey or something, to put it to a vote? I'd really prefer not to do research on a new platform if we end up deciding that staying here is fine. But if we're all pretty serious about this, then we'd need to check out different sites and then we could vote on that, too.
I'm willing to do whatever everyone else would like, but I really like the idea of a more private forum. Are there other members that would feel more comfortable sharing if they knew not just anyone could see?Quote:
Great! Why dont you let me know what works for you. I will work it around my stuff, since I dont have a job and all...you know...Im able to be more flexible. I will also message Christina privately on Facebook if she doesnt weight in soon to see if she would be interested. We have discussed meeting up before also.post #2543 of 272810/29/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
I won't get an official start date at the new place until the end of November/beginning of December. By the time they officially offered me the position, my boss had already put out November's schedule. They only staff to absolute necessity, so I didn't want to screw her and the new job was cool with it.
I am ready. I obviously have mixed feelings because I love spending time with my kids, but I'm ready. I'm ready to 1) Start contributing financially. 2) Get life back into the swing of things... Back to "normal". And 3) I'm ready for adult interaction again.
I talked to my mom and older sister about this over the weekend and they feel the same, so it definitely runs in our blood...
... I feel like a better mom when I get a break. I feel like my life is more fulfilling when I work. I need that work break from my home life to feel like I contribute to society, though I know raising two functioning human beings for the next generation would be just as big, if not bigger, contribution. I don't know. I'm rambling. I'm just a busy body and staying at home doesn't satisfy me.
Plus I'll be helping out the unemployment problem in this country by giving an unemployed person the fantastic job of watching my two heathen children. LOL
I'm honestly more scared for Conner than I am for anything. I'm more scared for him and more nervous for the babysitter. He's become so attached to me and I didn't really realize how serious it was until this weekend. If my family took him anywhere, they said he'd spend the whole time looking for me and would just walk around saying, "Mama? Mommy?"
When I went out with Amanda (Which was a blast, by the way), he stayed up and waited for me. As soon as I got home, he gave me a hug and a kiss, then sat on my lap and said, "Night. Night".
This will definitely be something I tell whoever we end up hiring so they're prepared. I don't want them getting frustrated with him, nor do I want them to think they're doing a bad job or something wrong.
Yep. This is probably the longest post I've ever done. LOL Boring road trips will do that to you.post #2544 of 272810/29/13 at 2:48pm
I just completely blew off all the things I had to do today, and spent the day chasing a pod of orcas around a few of the inlets around here. I went to 3 places where I missed them by 5-10 minutes. So I lose for productivity today AND I lose because I have lived here 15 years and never seen a whale.post #2545 of 272810/29/13 at 2:50pmThread Starter
LOL, Nicole, I think that IS the longest post you've ever written! I'm glad you know yourself well to know what will fulfill you and keep the family in balance. I hope you can figure out the heathen childcare situation. :wink
As for the private group, I was think of setting up a quick poll or something so that it's anonymous in case some people are uncomfortable voicing their opinion.post #2546 of 272810/29/13 at 2:59pmThread Starter
Alright... here's the poll: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1392194/vote-on-moving-the-group-to-a-private-sitepost #2547 of 272810/29/13 at 2:59pmQuote:
Also I would be interested in knowing if everyone thought they would participate just as much if the group moved? Ive been a part of groups where there was a split or move and things fell apart. Assuming we found a platform that was mobile friendly (a must for a lot of us, and I know Sara has voiced it) does everyone think that for THEM it would be a seamless move or affect their posting?post #2548 of 272810/29/13 at 3:02pmThread Starterpost #2549 of 272810/29/13 at 3:08pmpost #2550 of 272810/29/13 at 3:19pmpost #2551 of 272810/29/13 at 3:19pmpost #2552 of 272810/29/13 at 3:22pmpost #2553 of 272810/29/13 at 3:27pmpost #2554 of 272810/29/13 at 3:28pmpost #2555 of 272810/29/13 at 3:31pmpost #2556 of 272810/29/13 at 3:38pmQuote:
I've worked since the day I turned 16. Literally. I started on my birthday. It's never something I considered an option, though DH would be okay with me staying home. He's told me numerous times.
As for the job, I was a job bouncer until I got this job. I'd only stay somewhere six months to a year until I got bored. It absolutely kills me that I have to leave this job, but they can't provide me with what I need... Better pay, benefits, PTO, etc. I'm not at a place in my life anymore where making $900-$1000/month is okay.
If DH and I didn't have all of these traveling and house remodeling plans, it'd be fine, because we can sustain our lifestyle on our current income... But we can't do anything beyond that.
Here I am, rambling again...post #2557 of 272810/29/13 at 3:52pmSo... Road trip story...
I heard Conner saying, "Uh oh". I look back and he's holding a container of BBQ sauce from McD's and has it all over his face, arms, shirt, and the straps of his car seat. LOL I guess they gave him sauce even though I told them not to. I pulled over on an on ramp to clean everything up and change his shirt. Some super cute old dude pulled over to see if we needed help changing a tire or anything. When I told him why we pulled over (I was holding Conner), he pointed at him and said, "I'm sorry your mom took that from you. That's some good stuff! It's not your fault it's messy. We all make messes when we use it". Then winked at him. Conner started cracking up then said, "Bye. Bye." and blew him a kiss. LOL
He was easily 70 years old. It was awesome. I freaking love old people.post #2558 of 272810/29/13 at 4:04pmpost #2559 of 272810/29/13 at 4:45pm
Maybe next time I'm down there, our kids will be older and less anti-social, so they'll actually be willing to meet and hang and they MIGHT even enjoy themselves. LOL One can dream, right?
If not, I'm totally cool with more kidless dates.post #2560 of 272810/29/13 at 4:48pm
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › natural crayons and finger paints 54 seconds ago
- › how to keep 12mo entertained on international flight 3 minutes ago
- › A pediatrician's different perspective on why he doesn't accept... 6 minutes ago
- › Weight gain Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Tick/ lyme disease danger at school! 10 minutes ago
- › met midwife last night, had interesting info about pitocin 12 minutes ago
- › toddler hitting and wanting to talk about it a lot 13 minutes ago
- › how to part with sentimental items 23 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 26 minutes ago
- › Manhattan/Fort Riley Mamas? 26 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild