Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:04am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 3/31/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
October 2013 Chit Chat - Page 129post #2561 of 272810/29/13 at 4:50pmpost #2562 of 272810/29/13 at 5:01pmpost #2563 of 272810/29/13 at 5:04pmpost #2564 of 272810/29/13 at 5:16pmpost #2565 of 272810/29/13 at 5:26pm
Hello! I've caught up! I'm mostly going to be a catch up and type in the evening sort of group member, I think... I can't have my phone out around R or else he gets right cranky that he can't have it. And... day two of no napping, soo.... Doesn't help that he woke up at 11 AM!
I'd love to meet up with the locals!
I voted on the poll. One thing that does complicate moving to a private forum is exclusion. That was an issue I faced when making a private forum for a different group I was in. What if in the future someone wanted to join the Nov 2011 DDC because they are new to MDC and have a 2011 baby but there's no one here? Do we let them follow us over to the private forum? And then doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of a private forum if we let anyone in? Just something to think about.post #2566 of 272810/29/13 at 5:47pm
Those would put me to sleep.
I doubt anyone else will want to join. I'm pretty sure we're the only active thread left from the 2011 DDC.
If they did, I doubt they'd stick around. We're all so close, they'd probably feel awkward and out of place.post #2567 of 272810/29/13 at 5:49pm
Voted on the poll.
Old people are pretty awesome! I was at a food bank once last summer(not this summer, it was 2012) and started nursing Levi because he was hungry. An old lady, about 75 years old sat down next to me and noticed I was nursing him and said not so quietly "Oh goodness! You're nursing! That is so great! That is the best thing you can do for your baby." I kind of blushed because other people turned to look, but with her being older, I would have expected her to be "old fashioned" about it. After that, she went on to talk about how she had TWO home births and breastfed both of them until they turned two. Awesome!post #2568 of 272810/29/13 at 5:50pmI feel bad for Cynthia that they aren't willing to make us private. Isn't this website already struggling as a whole? And now they're going to lose their most active thread and most frequent posters.
It doesn't make sense to me. But what do I know about websites and how they work? Nothing. *Shrugs*post #2569 of 272810/29/13 at 6:32pmpost #2570 of 272810/29/13 at 6:40pm
I've got a little funny for you guys. So I already said that Billy is getting me canning stuff for my bday. I felt sooo bad telling him I need a pressure canner because he didn't know and felt like an idiot. So I totally made a save for him by finding a pressure canner for FIFTEEN bucks at the thrift store today. It's HUGE!
Okay so that wasn't really funny, but total SCORE on the $$ saved instead of buying it all brand new.post #2571 of 272810/29/13 at 7:30pmThread StarterBecky... Score on the pressure canner!! That's awesome! Be sure to get jar tongs and a wide mouth funnel too.
I asked Cynthia about MDC losing our thread and top posters. We'll see what she says.
Nicole. Awesome BBQ story and you rock too! Thanks to Ash too for the shout out! I'm definitely following what the group wants.post #2572 of 272810/29/13 at 8:28pmWe're home. Conner went to bed about 30 minutes ago. Layla is almost there now.
I let my cats outside. Came back a little later to let them back in... Until I realized they were tormenting a mouse on my porch. The thing was still alive. I almost feel bad for it. So they're staying outside.
I also came home to a letter from my new job. My background check came back and they renigged their offer... I have a misdemeanor on there from almost four years ago from something really stupid... That I told them about in my interview. Why did they waste my time?... I'm annoyed. Back to the drawing board.post #2573 of 272810/29/13 at 8:32pmpost #2574 of 272810/29/13 at 8:38pmpost #2575 of 272810/29/13 at 8:41pm
Yeah. I messaged the thrift store manager and asked her to set it aside so it doesn't get scooped up before I can get it. I get 50% off because I volunteer there and their regular 50% off days are on Saturday, so I get 75% off altogether. lol
Hopefully us posting all the time will appeal to Cynthia's better nature.
Nicole, I'm so sorry about losing the job offer. Misdemeanors from YEARS ago, especially when you were much younger should not matter. But I think that alot of jobs like to use the number 5, as far as things being in the past. 5 years in the past is alot safer than 2, 3, or even 4. *hugs*post #2576 of 272810/29/13 at 8:48pmpost #2577 of 272810/29/13 at 8:50pmpost #2578 of 272810/29/13 at 8:57pmpost #2579 of 272810/29/13 at 9:11pm
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Free riding behavior and vaccination 1 minute ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 8 minutes ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 10 minutes ago
- › Update on my pregnancy. 10 minutes ago
- › CNN: US Autism Rate Surges--AGAIN 15 minutes ago
- › 18.5 week anatomy scan of our wee owlet! 16 minutes ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 20 minutes ago
- › Misgivings anyone? 23 minutes ago
- › Here comes the Sun Oct 2014! Spring pregnancy after loss thread 25 minutes ago
- › Nursing to sleep & the Pantley Pull Off 26 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool