Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Yesterday at 7:19 pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 2/3/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
October 2013 Chit Chat - Page 25post #482 of 272810/6/13 at 4:58amMal, does he want all of y'all to go? Does that sound like fun?
Jaimee, you do write some long, thought out posts. Would it be more fun to go someplace with all the kids than stay home? Will you have extra kids?
Oh man, it rained last night and the roof leaked. Not as much as before and not from as many places, but that means the ceiling and floor aren't ready to be fixed. Jaimee, you asked about moving. I still don't think it's any kind of option. I just filed bankruptcy and think I'm stuck here for 5 years. The house is old and needs repairs, but it's substantially cheaper than rent even in this neighborhood.
Edited by seraf - 10/6/13 at 5:15ampost #483 of 272810/6/13 at 5:29amI'm sorry about the leaking, Sara! :-(
Mal, tell that man to let you relax and let your kids sleep. I'm a bad influence... I woke up early for church nearly every Sunday of my life up into my teens. Pastor and organist's kid. Couldn't get out of it. Lol. I do miss church a bit now, though. Mostly for the community and joy I felt there. Standing in a church would make my DH feel awkward but makes me feel "at home." I feel the same way in a hospital cuz I'd visit my dad at work every day after school when I was little. Lol! I'm a nut.
Jaimee, I will ponder why I'm nervous about sharing contact info and get back to you. :-) I trust you ladies. But I have a deep-seeded fear of catfish, stalkers, kidnappers and murderers.post #484 of 272810/6/13 at 5:30ampost #485 of 272810/6/13 at 5:33amAnybody else's kids just love sound machines for sleeping with? Sora cracks me up now that she can get out of her bed freely. DH says he hears her wake up sometimes thru the night and she turns on her aquarium noise maker to soothe herself back to sleep. She turns it on first thing every morning when she wakes up, too, and lies there talking to herself and just chillin' for a while, sometimes with a book. Ha!post #486 of 272810/6/13 at 5:34amThread Starter
Yeah, I'm sure it would be better for our attitudes if I figured out a place for them to have fun, but the weather is terrible, so outside is not really an option. And everyone goes to church around here for like half the day so none of my neighbors are really around. Ugh... I sense a movie afternoon for sure.
I'm sorry to hear about your house/bankruptcy situation! When you file for bankruptcy what does that do for you? Does it dissolve your debt?post #487 of 272810/6/13 at 5:36ampost #488 of 272810/6/13 at 5:42amThread Starter
True story, I do tend to be verbose!
Joanie, yes, all my kids use sound machines. We literally have 3 of them b/c each room needs one. Now I can't sleep without one, either b/c I've been sleeping with one for nearly 7 years.
Oh, and I promise not to stalk or murder you, but I might kidnap you... only to go out and have some fun, though!post #489 of 272810/6/13 at 5:46amJoanie, my DD can't sleep without a fan on. I think white noise is her reason.
Jaimee, I filed chapter 13 a couple of months ago. Hearing last month and I find out for sure this month if it goes through. Leading up to the bankruptcy was several months of fighting with the bank. The bankruptcy is a debt re-payment plan that the bank is forced to accept (this moth I should learn that a judge deems it fair, the trustee already recommended it for approval) and payments will be automatically withdrawn from my paycheck, taken through a trustee, and then sent to the bank. Some unsecured debt will be reduced, but that really only makes room for lawyer and trustee fees. Chapter 7 is the one that wipes away debt. All of this has been a lesson in patience, humility, and compassion.post #490 of 272810/6/13 at 6:03amYes, he wants all of us to go. He says he spent years going for me, now he just wants me to go for him every once in a while. Although, I never made him go, never even asked. He just always did it. I have a complicated relationship with church.
Joanie, I won't kidnap you either! Greta sleeps with a fan on for the noise. Dd1 used to until we moved in here. I'm about to put one in her room again though because she keeps waking up so early. Maybe then I can get a morning shower without her knocking on the door the whole time. :/post #491 of 272810/6/13 at 6:08ampost #492 of 272810/6/13 at 6:11amThread StarterQuote:
I agree! One of my biggest issues that I gained from growing up in the Catholic church is being asked to say things that I don't believe in or do not understand and this is now extending to my kids (like with the Girl Scout promise). I even have a problem with the pledge of allegiance b/c kids don't know what they're saying. It really bothers me. Blind following of anything is a big problem, IMO.post #493 of 272810/6/13 at 6:29ampost #494 of 272810/6/13 at 6:37amThread Starterpost #495 of 272810/6/13 at 6:55ampost #496 of 272810/6/13 at 7:37amNow I'm up! But no one else is. What is going on in my house right now? LOL
You're definitely going to beat me today, Sara. You're on it.
I grew up in a Catholic church, too, Jaimee. And I pretty much feel the same. I eventually ended up getting out of going by saying, "Only people that need help believing in God go to church". My mom never had a good answer to that, so she always let me stay home. Haha.
Sorry about the bankruptcy, Sara. Hopefully it's giving you some relief though. And sorry about the holes in your roof. At least you can fix that stuff yourself!
I find it impossible to get out of bed before one of my kids make me. So now I lay here...post #497 of 272810/6/13 at 8:09amNicole, I'm burning both ends of the candle.
Speaking of October, who has good ghost stories?
My mom just came up and told me how her new prison is haunted. There are areas where you can hear keys jingle, people yelling, and doors unlocking.
In the nursing home I used to work, sometimes you could look down the hall and see a man in a blue suit visiting when someone was dying on that unit. There was also a woman in white who would slam doors while you were in the room.
The hospital in the town where I grew up (the hospital where Sarah Jessica Parker was born) no longer has a maternity unit, but at night in the ICU you can hear newborns crying and the nurses rush down the hall to soothe them.post #498 of 272810/6/13 at 8:09ampost #499 of 272810/6/13 at 8:09am
I'm up, but it takes me forever to read all the posts to catch up. I got quickly booted out of 5th place!
These people sent me a really nice email saying that they're interested in the bus.. I have a feeling they might be looking for a donation though..
Sara - That sucks about the bankruptcy, hopefully you recover more quickly than expected.post #500 of 272810/6/13 at 8:17amMorning!
Not raised religious, continue to not be. I joke that I was raised in the Church of Sauna - it was the closest thing we had to ritual and spirituality, our weekly family Sunday sauna.
DH and I were pretty close to filing bankruptcy, but we were advised a consolidation loan, instead. It's a stressful place to be.
DH and DD are making pancakes - our only current Sunday ritual. Decided to pass on bathroom painting today - I have some work to do, and we're going to go to the pumpkin patch. It's gorgeous out today.
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Working non conventional hours and childcare? 14 seconds ago
- › BUMPS and Belly Shots!! 17 seconds ago
- › 12 weeks/13 weeks and first trimester or not quite yet? 1 minute ago
- › Due Date Roll Call! 2 minutes ago
- › anyone else LOVE Pregnancy and have amazing pregnancies? SHARE!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Colorado Vaccine Exemption Legistlation 3 minutes ago
- › Coffee conundrum ... 3 minutes ago
- › heart beating in my head... 4 minutes ago
- › Any Secular Homeschoolers in Fayetteville, NC Area? 5 minutes ago
- › How old to move playroom to basement? 5 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher