Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:04am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 3/31/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
October 2013 Chit Chat - Page 5post #81 of 272810/2/13 at 11:51ampost #82 of 272810/2/13 at 11:53ampost #83 of 272810/2/13 at 11:54ampost #84 of 272810/2/13 at 11:56amAsh, do you live in military housing?
I feel pretty crappy about my wastefulness/high spending on food. As long as I work, we will have no money worries thankfully. I suppose we should save up... but we're paying off all debt as quickly as possible and using every penny towards that. If things continue how they are, we should have all debt (minus our mortgage) paid off by mid next year. I'd be thrilled. It's just keeping up this routine I have to learn to live with. :-Ppost #85 of 272810/2/13 at 12:01pmThread StarterQuote:
I agree that in-person interaction is way different. But I think the idea of the picture was to try and de-vilify internet relationships that moms form- like ours in this group! My dh regularly makes quips about my internet friends- basically saying that they aren't real friends b/c I've never met them.post #86 of 272810/2/13 at 12:01pmpost #87 of 272810/2/13 at 12:03pmpost #88 of 272810/2/13 at 12:08pmI think online friends are just as real as "IRL" friends. I've met a very large # of people in person who I started out talking to online. They never disappoint. :-) (online dating was a diff story, lol) I've even traveled to Canada to meet up with online friends. We've been friends for over 10 years. We still talk more often than me and my IRL friends. In that way, I think socializing online can even create stronger and lasting connections.post #89 of 272810/2/13 at 12:11pmpost #90 of 272810/2/13 at 12:13pmJoanie- my husband is a civilian DoD employee, so we are not military even though he technically works FOR the military. So we most definitely still have a mortgage.
Sara I was wondering how things are going also.
Re: Internet relationships- if I didn't talk to friends on Facebook or you guys here I most definitely would not have a full cup when it comes to making connections with other moms and being social. The more kids I have the less time I have to devote to my relationships in person, it's not a priority in my life right now, but the way I can interact without needing to set aside a specific time makes that ok for me.post #91 of 272810/2/13 at 12:18pm
I am super busy today at work, but I wanted to chime in on online friends. If I didn't have online friends, I'd have almost no friends. Who has the time?? I see maybe two people IRL, and one is only because we do lots of kid stuff together. And I am okay with being addicted to my smart phone. Oh, and I hate wearing real pants. No need for that when you socialize online. Also, I may be a hermit.post #92 of 272810/2/13 at 12:26pmpost #93 of 272810/2/13 at 12:29pmThread Starter
I agree about the friends I've made online! And I completely believe we will meet IRL sometime. I'm serious about a spring or early summer meet up at my house.
Sara, I was going to ask as well. I was wondering how childcare and finances are going between you two.post #94 of 272810/2/13 at 12:36pmAsh, I'm so sorry you weren't able to pay for the Epipens today! Ugh! I hate refilling mine every year... They suggest you have more than one lying around, so not only is one ungodly expensive (even with insurance!) but two is just ridiculous... and I haven't ever used one, so that's a GOOD thing but annoying at the wasted money. LOLpost #95 of 272810/2/13 at 12:39pmpost #96 of 272810/2/13 at 12:43pmpost #97 of 272810/2/13 at 12:47pmpost #98 of 272810/2/13 at 1:18pmpost #99 of 272810/2/13 at 1:24pmpost #100 of 272810/2/13 at 2:06pmQuote:
I almost have the listing, pictures and video for the bus done. Phew!
Nicole, How did it go today?
My hormones are also totally wacky right now. I had a very strange (or very normal, depending on how you look at it) cycle this month. It only lasted 29 days instead of the normal 44. I ovulated WAY early and my LF jumped from 10 days (odd for me) back to my very normal 17 days. I guess things are just still regulated pp, but it's all over the place! It's a good thing I didn't get pregnancy since we had unprotected dtd 4 days after my AF ended and that was actually cutting it close this month. No more of that!
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 4 minutes ago
- › SAHM and the marriage life 6 minutes ago
- › Free riding behavior and vaccination 8 minutes ago
- › Is Fels Naptha natural? 17 minutes ago
- › Placenta encapsulation: Raw vs. TCM? 17 minutes ago
- › 10-15 min. cleaning session in 2014 24 minutes ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 25 minutes ago
- › When did you get divorced? 30 minutes ago
- › Changing my discipline techniques... where do I learn about GD/CP? 49 minutes ago
- › ~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 53 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool