Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Yesterday at 6:44 pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
October 2013 Chit Chat - Page 43post #841 of 272810/9/13 at 9:28ampost #842 of 272810/9/13 at 9:43ampost #843 of 272810/9/13 at 9:46am
All our dates are after bedtime, although I think that anyone could probably put Coralie to bed now. My MIL would probably offer to put our kids to bed, but my mom really isn't into it. She probably would if I just made her do it, but she'd never offer. I still wouldn't be comfortable leaving Coralie over-night though, she still wakes up too much.
Nice Mug Sara, it's nice to know that your IL's still care about you while you're going through all this stuff with their daughter.
Amanda, I'm glad to hear that things went mostly well. I'm sorry that your dh is treating his DD badly. :(
Joanie, I have a great idea. Drive your nearly broken OLD car to a dealer today and get yourself a new one!!! You were talking about that anyway and it's not like you haven't driven this car since the dawn of time. Spend the $500 on a down payment for your new car and feel the joy!
No word from the people that looked at the bus yesterday, but I have a good feeling about it.
Jaimee, Yay, I'd push for a new washer too. Here's hoping it's really, really broken!
My hair is still falling out and it's starting to get thin and limp. Do you all think that I could be having PP hair loss this late? That's what it feels like and I didn't have any earlier after C was born. I think I'm going to dye my hair or maybe get a loose perm. We applied for Medi-Cal health insurance, but I have no idea if we'll qualify because we have a lot of money in a 401k. I don't even think that most people who apply have any retirement savings because the lady in the office didn't know much about what I needed to prove. Either we'll qualify for that or subsidized Obamacare. I know that Obamacare isn't a popular option for a lot of people, but it might really save us right now. It will probably be at least another week until we hear back though.post #844 of 272810/9/13 at 9:46ampost #845 of 272810/9/13 at 9:49am
Awww, poor B! Fleas in the Pacific NW are TERRIBLE! We've had all sorts of problems with them there. They have mutated and now even Frontline doesn't work very well anymore. The only med that worked for us is Comfortis. It's an RX, but costs about the same as Frontline and actually killed the super fleas. Booo.
Nicole, That sucks about the bills. Stupid money!post #846 of 272810/9/13 at 9:57amThread Starter
While bedtime for the olders is 8pm sharp, unfortunately Avery didn't get the memo and stays up until 9pm most nights at least. Sometimes it's closer to 10pm. After that I'm done. I don't want to leave the house. In the past, I've planned breakfast dates and it's so much easier.
Abra... I had a friend that was dealing with alopecia (not saying you are as well, but..) and she ended up stopping it/curing it with acupuncture and some system support supplements. Maybe try googling that and seeing if anything might be missing or low in your diet right now. I think that hormones probably are playing a big role as you regulate, Coralie nurses less, etc. And your body may need some extra support? I'm sorry you're dealing with this- not fun.
Ash, aw, poor, poor B. Does topical benadryl help at all? Baking soda paste? Oatmeal bath?
Nicole.. ugh about the bills. I hate dealing with insurance and claims and all that stuff. Not only is it confusing, but it's always so much more than I think it's going to be.post #847 of 272810/9/13 at 10:08am
Nicole I can sympathize with the insurance stuff. We have bills from my hysterectomy rolling in, and I'm having to dispute the coverage of my biopsy. Because apparently it doesn't matter if I have cancer.
Jaimee I am with you on late night dates. By 10 there is only one place I want to be, and its in bed.
I am using topical and oral antihistamines for B. Since she is so sensitive to everything ever and all foods that exist, I have a lot in my medicine cabinet.post #848 of 272810/9/13 at 10:39amAsh, no idea on the car. DH said he'll take a look soon. Abra, I will most definitely not be getting a new car now. Probably not anytime soon. I'm *this close* to resigning from my job if I have a really crazy day, and I know DH sees the storm rolling in. He would never agree to it now for sure, seeing as how this was his concern in the first place - being able to cover a monthly payment long-term. He gets props for forecasting the inevitable. Cutting my post off here.post #849 of 272810/9/13 at 10:50amThread StarterQuote:We have bills from my hysterectomy rolling in, and I'm having to dispute the coverage of my biopsy. Because apparently it doesn't matter if I have cancer.
Right, 'cause preventative measures and catching things early is totally not in the insurance's best interest? I don't get this at all.post #850 of 272810/9/13 at 11:06am
Jaimee - So.. In April, before we left NE, I had my FIL draw my blood for a comprehensive vitamin/nutrient blood test. We quickly there after decided not to send the test in because it costs $370 and we really needed to save the money. Well, last week I just got a bill for it, but I never saw the results! So, this week we dug into it and I was able to get the results today. My FIL offered to pay the bill since we was his glitch (very nice of him). In April I was def. in calcium, zinc, copper, D3, choline and pantothenate. When we moved here I started drinking reverse osmosis water, which I suspect added to some of my def. I already supplemented with magnesium, zinc and D3 and I recently started taking a natural balanced mineral supplement too. It's totally possible that I had bad mineral def. which led to the hair loss, hopefully the supplements will help. My dh finally agreed to let me go to the doctor and have us pay out of pocket for a thyroid test too. I just don't feel well either, like slow and foggy all the time. Apparently I was reading that it can take up to a year to re-mineralize the body.. Ugh.post #851 of 272810/9/13 at 11:07amQuote:
Yeah, and the even stranger thing is that the biopsy was needed before insurance would approve the hysterectomy. So it was *required*, but not covered. What the hell?
Joanie, you have a LOT on your plate and your job seems very stressful. Take it easy on yourself.
While I was reading and typing, B filled her only pair of shoes with play dough.post #852 of 272810/9/13 at 11:25amJust saying hi, and all I have to add is that I also use a French press for coffee. And this morning's was delicious after not having any for a whole two days!
Also, DH's birthday is tomorrow and I completely forgot until this morning when he reminded me his mom is cooking dinner for him. I am such an awful wife. The party this weekend is partly for his birthday too, so at least he gets to celebrate.post #853 of 272810/9/13 at 12:16pmpost #854 of 272810/9/13 at 12:34pmpost #855 of 272810/9/13 at 12:35pmpost #856 of 272810/9/13 at 12:38pmThread Starterpost #857 of 272810/9/13 at 12:39pmpost #858 of 272810/9/13 at 12:40pmpost #859 of 272810/9/13 at 12:45pmThread Starterpost #860 of 272810/9/13 at 12:50pmI've only watched it. I've never shown it to Conner.
It's crazy how much I get done when I don't nap. My house is spotless!!!
Also, home girl was awake for four hours before she napped. She wasn't even mean or acting tired. She was just... Hanging out.
Time to shower so I can head to my work meeting. Conner is only going to get an hour nap. So this evening should be fun.
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Who's wearing maternity clothes? 5 minutes ago
- › EC Chat? Anyone? 8 minutes ago
- › Latecomer to this club 12 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Baby girl name poll 14 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 24 minutes ago
- › Exercise During Pregnancy 25 minutes ago
- › Our baby 1 month stats 26 minutes ago
- › Anyone ever had a child who would not play with toys? 29 minutes ago
- › Nursing Mamas 29 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh