Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Today at 12:35 am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
October 2013 Chit Chat - Page 50post #981 of 272810/10/13 at 11:50ampost #982 of 272810/10/13 at 12:08pmThread Starter
Yes, Joanie, can you take a break from work instead of just leaving work all together? Perhaps go outside and formulate a letter to your teacher? Perhaps doing something concrete about the situation will help the panic to subside. I'm sure there is a way for your time and effort to be used toward a project for that class. Your ex-partner will get what is coming to her down the road with that sort of strategy to get a head. Just focus on how you can still move forward with what you've already done.post #983 of 272810/10/13 at 12:32pmWow, Joanie, that is so awful! I am so sorry! Were there any indications she would do something like this? If she really felt this way, why didn't she speak to you constructively? I am so sorry!!
Ou r spring is far, but a local cafe has organized water runs every other week. Otherwise, I couldn't do it. Jaimee, a hotel????post #984 of 272810/10/13 at 12:41pmpost #985 of 272810/10/13 at 2:30pmGot an update on my mom. She's still in Chicago but probably coming home tomorrow after receiving a 4 hour chemo treatment today. They did updated MRI and ct scans and bloodwork. The levels of the type of cancer found in her blood (I forgot the word for this). Anyway, it's higher. The tumors in her brain, which were already treated with radiation, have grown. It has spread. There are more tumors and cancer cells now in her right lung and the liver. Fucking cancer.post #986 of 272810/10/13 at 2:57pmpost #987 of 272810/10/13 at 3:05pmpost #988 of 272810/10/13 at 3:17pmpost #989 of 272810/10/13 at 3:26pmpost #990 of 272810/10/13 at 3:40pmpost #991 of 272810/10/13 at 3:49pm
Sara, yay for free, fresh water near your house!
Abra, our RO system is a point of entry system so all the house water is processed. When the water goes to the kitchen, it hits another filter (to filter out anything the water picked up in the pipes) and the kitchen filter has a bed that the water goes through that is full of minerals. At that point, the processed water picks up minerals and is safer to drink. The remineralization bed also alkalizes the water without the use of electricity (it's important to avoid electrically alkalized water), and this bed needs to be replaced every year or two, depending on the system you get. Here is the one we have: http://www.pur2o.com/product-info/p2o/ I think if you are concerned about fluoride, chlorine, and pharmaceuticals in your water (which is a problem where I live, but not everywhere), RO is great, but you have to remineralize if you want to drink it. But as for spring water, if you can get it, it's free, pure, and tastes so good!post #992 of 272810/10/13 at 4:02pmpost #993 of 272810/10/13 at 4:24pm
Me? Oh, ya know. Not great. There's just a lot going on and it's feeling like the hits just keep coming. I don't want to be a downer though, so I'm not here to whine about it. I'm going to have a fantastic party this weekend and drown my sorrows in the tons and tons of food and booze I just dropped a crap ton of money on.post #994 of 272810/10/13 at 4:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mal85
Me? Oh, ya know. Not great. There's just a lot going on and it's feeling like the hits just keep coming. I don't want to be a downer though, so I'm not here to whine about it. I'm going to have a fantastic party this weekend and drown my sorrows in the tons and tons of food and booze I just dropped a crap ton of money on.
Ive complained a lot more about a lot less lately, and Mal, this is big. And its real. And you are NOT being a downer or whining- this is legitimate real life stuff. And you have every right to be mad/sad/angry/a downer/vent/complain/whatever. For real. Its as real as it gets, and I would hope you would never ever feel like we don't want to be a support system for you because your "being a downer". So if there is a point where you feel like you need it, vent away.
You still havent shared any pics of the work you did either! Your party will be fabulous.post #995 of 272810/10/13 at 5:09pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by dashley111
... Mal, this is big. And its real. And you are NOT being a downer or whining- this is legitimate real life stuff. And you have every right to be mad/sad/angry/a downer/vent/complain/whatever. For real. Its as real as it gets, and I would hope you would never ever feel like we don't want to be a support system for you because your "being a downer". So if there is a point where you feel like you need it, vent away.
You still havent shared any pics of the work you did either! Your party will be fabulous.
Please know that you are welcome to vent and express frustration and worry and fear and anger as much as you need to here. We are here to support you. I am so, so sorry that this is happening to your mother, you, your family. Thinking of you!post #996 of 272810/10/13 at 5:33pmpost #997 of 272810/10/13 at 6:00pm
I fourth what Ash said, please, vent away!
Anthia, I'm currently living with my mom and she has a water softener that treats all the water in the house and then the kitchen sink has and RO spout. Basically we've already been drinking RO water for 5 months. Last week I started taking replacement minerals every day. Sigh, it's all so much to think about! I think I'm just going to go back to the Berkey filter (it removes everything except minerals), I just have to go outside to get the water to put in the filter (the outside water isn't softened). I already have mineral def. and I'm sure I just screwed myself up even more. Blech.post #998 of 272810/10/13 at 6:05pm
Mal, I fourth what Ash said! Please don't hold back (this goes for anyone).
Amanda, I forgot to say I missed you and welcome back! I really, really missed you!
Abra, do you know if your MIL's system remineralizes? It sounds like probably not given your symptoms. Our new house has an RO system without remineralization. It seems crazy to me! So, we don't drink the water until if/when I put in a new system. Also, a lot of municipalities are looking into upgrading to RO systems because of the pharmaceuticals. It's something to keep in mind and question if they are going to remineralize.post #999 of 272810/10/13 at 7:51pm
No, my mom doesn't have any remineralization, but SHE was making sure to drink bottled mineral water daily. She also had the liquid minerals, but we didn't use them nearly enough until recently. I'm just going to go back to using my other counter top filter for now. Thanks for informing me about your system.
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Home Birth Mamas - Are you out there? 5 minutes ago
- › Son has surgery coming up, do I have to let his father come? 7 minutes ago
- › Alaska's Last Frontier: home birth? 9 minutes ago
- › Welcome Babies! 12 minutes ago
- › Child exposed to porn at playdate 13 minutes ago
- › Angry and Bitter! (but trying not to be) 14 minutes ago
- › December -- What did you accomplish today? 14 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 17 minutes ago
- › picky neighbor kid is making my kid picky too 20 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 25 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Brian Leaf
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo