Word circulating today has DH more nervous that he may not get paid upcoming mid-month, so we may be hunkering down here for a bit. We're very, very lucky, though:
- DS2's tuition is already paid through the end of this calendar year
- DS1 starts his new job in a few days and will be making enough to cover all both his and his girlfriend's expenses if needed (including his loans, though we had offered to cover those)
- my mother, who is now living with us, has a modest income plus savings and is disgustingly generous
- we bought our home with an assumption of a much lower income than DH currently makes, so our mortgage payment is low
- we have savings
- our bank has offered 0% pay advance loans to affected members who have direct deposits going into accounts with them
We have all that and I'm still terrified. I cannot imagine what's facing those in some of the situations out there. I'm counting my blessings tonight. Good luck to everyone . . .