Anyway, i declined hep b at birth because i just feel dd isnt at risk. Maybe when she is older we will do it? Not sure yet. We did do the eye ointment and vit k.
So heres my issue. Originally i was planning on doing selective vax on a delayed sched. Dd will be watched by my mom when i return to work on monday (ugh, only days away). She was a major crier for the first 2 months or so and is still very high needs so i told her pediatrician i wanted to wait until her crying etc settled. Now i dont know if i want to do certain vax at all, but im doubting myself. I work in a public library with children and imexposed to every kind of bug germ illness out there and im afraid of passing something on to dd. Im terrified of pertussis but i think im more afraid of the vax side effects. Dd is very fair (mild albinism in fact) and very sensitive and i just feel that if theres a side effect out there, she will prob have it. Heres the thing tho...if she gets pertussis ill never forgive myself. But if she has say a seizure from the vax, ill also never forgive myself. So how on earth am i supposed to make this decision?
Down the road i do want to do the polio vax. My grandfather had polio...not pretty. Im definitely not doing the vax for that diarrhea illness...cant remember the name right now. But then theres 2 other vax recommended to protect against meningitis. Geez i wish i had the paper in front of me lol...got a sleeping baby in my arms.
Well i think this post is a rambling mess and im not even sure what im looking for :/ its so much easier to make these decisions for myself because i can live with the outcome. With dd i feel like im damned if i do, damned if i dont.
I ebf so far and i think if i were able to stay home with dd id feelmore confident in not vaxing but since im working with the public im just so afraid of passing something along to her :/