Related Forum Threads
- Holy Guacamole!! The "Where'd March Go?" APRIL No-spend Challenge!! Last post on 4/19/14 at 9:08am in Frugality & Finances
- Just a vent Last post on 4/3/14 at 7:18am in Frugality & Finances
- What do I do with this minivan Last post on 4/1/14 at 8:36am in Frugality & Finances
- You Need a Budget Last post on 4/15/14 at 6:31pm in Frugality & Finances
- Turbotax Bonus Last post on 3/24/14 at 8:32pm in Frugality & Finances
Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?
Last edited: 2/14/14
- Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at ChristmasLast edited: 12/18/13
- 100 Last Minute Stocking Stuffers for Kids
Getting Out of Debt in October 2013 - Page 3post #42 of 5011/2/13 at 7:12pmpost #43 of 5011/3/13 at 2:05pmThank you, lilac! We're sure trying!
On another positive note, DH is expecting a raise in January so that will help us be able to start our emergency fund and get our snowball going. Looking forward to making it to January!
Pollyanna, what kind of puppy did you get? How are things going with the new member of the family? :-)post #44 of 5011/3/13 at 2:11pmJoining! We are on Baby Step 2. We have paid off all CC & Unsecured in the last few months. Our main 'sacrifice' is that we live in a very small & ghastly carpeted 2 bedroom apt.
Our remaining debts are a Car (one car family) & a house in our former location. In November we are saving for a HVAC for that house to help with a sale (that we are praying for!), then we will go 'gazelle intense' on the car.
The house is the biggest issue we face. There is a small chance we will move back to it, we are sort of in a holding pattern with my DH's work (they are waiting on a large funding source). I still LOVE but the idea of being totally debt free is alluring!
We will also face bills from my upcoming birth. However between our HSA & taxes, we should be able to handle that!
Closing my last remaining CC today! Dang Old Navy! DH & I are also taking a DR class for the second time, class 5 is tonight!post #45 of 5011/3/13 at 2:13pmpost #46 of 5011/3/13 at 2:21pmpost #47 of 5011/3/13 at 6:04pmpost #48 of 5011/5/13 at 4:12am
ok well i just changed my game plan for the month. i have been saving for a laptop to replace the one that got stolen. i had it on layaway but 6days after getting it off layaway the screen went. So what i decided is that money plus what i deposit from my check this week will be enough to pay off the rest of my SL debt. 647 dollars. I think i will be doing a debt free scream here in a week :)post #49 of 5011/5/13 at 5:39ampost #50 of 5011/6/13 at 3:20amThread Starter
- Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas
- › Am I normal? Getting disheartened... 57 seconds ago
- › Lord of the Rings -- ok for a 10-year-old girl to read on her own? 19 minutes ago
- › Could sex determination be wrong at 12 week sono? 24 minutes ago
- › weekly chat April 21-28 30 minutes ago
- › OB appointment today! :) 46 minutes ago
- › 10-15 min. cleaning session in 2014 55 minutes ago
- › Totaly frustrated(( 55 minutes ago
- › ttc with balanced translocation 57 minutes ago
- › HELP ME! Pregnant and suffering.... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Pre-teen wild child? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › 3 Simple Ways to Nurture Yourself by Marcy Axness
- › The Birth of River by Kristen Tea
- › The Never Agains by BrainChild
- › Day in the Life: A Graphical Representation by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Operation Meditation by Brian Leaf
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness