Related Forum Threads
- Holy Guacamole!! The "Where'd March Go?" APRIL No-spend Challenge!! Last post on Yesterday at 11:47 am in Frugality & Finances
- Just a vent Last post on 4/3/14 at 7:18am in Frugality & Finances
- What do I do with this minivan Last post on 4/1/14 at 8:36am in Frugality & Finances
- You Need a Budget Last post on Yesterday at 6:31 pm in Frugality & Finances
- Turbotax Bonus Last post on 3/24/14 at 8:32pm in Frugality & Finances
Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?
Last edited: 2/14/14
- Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at ChristmasLast edited: 12/18/13
- 100 Last Minute Stocking Stuffers for Kids
Getting Out of Debt in October 2013 - Page 3post #42 of 5011/2/13 at 7:12pmpost #43 of 5011/3/13 at 2:05pmThank you, lilac! We're sure trying!
On another positive note, DH is expecting a raise in January so that will help us be able to start our emergency fund and get our snowball going. Looking forward to making it to January!
Pollyanna, what kind of puppy did you get? How are things going with the new member of the family? :-)post #44 of 5011/3/13 at 2:11pmJoining! We are on Baby Step 2. We have paid off all CC & Unsecured in the last few months. Our main 'sacrifice' is that we live in a very small & ghastly carpeted 2 bedroom apt.
Our remaining debts are a Car (one car family) & a house in our former location. In November we are saving for a HVAC for that house to help with a sale (that we are praying for!), then we will go 'gazelle intense' on the car.
The house is the biggest issue we face. There is a small chance we will move back to it, we are sort of in a holding pattern with my DH's work (they are waiting on a large funding source). I still LOVE but the idea of being totally debt free is alluring!
We will also face bills from my upcoming birth. However between our HSA & taxes, we should be able to handle that!
Closing my last remaining CC today! Dang Old Navy! DH & I are also taking a DR class for the second time, class 5 is tonight!post #45 of 5011/3/13 at 2:13pmpost #46 of 5011/3/13 at 2:21pmpost #47 of 5011/3/13 at 6:04pmpost #48 of 5011/5/13 at 4:12am
ok well i just changed my game plan for the month. i have been saving for a laptop to replace the one that got stolen. i had it on layaway but 6days after getting it off layaway the screen went. So what i decided is that money plus what i deposit from my check this week will be enough to pay off the rest of my SL debt. 647 dollars. I think i will be doing a debt free scream here in a week :)post #49 of 5011/5/13 at 5:39ampost #50 of 5011/6/13 at 3:20amThread Starter
- Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas
- › Did anyone notice price increase on food?? 18 seconds ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 1 minute ago
- › ~~~The Belly Thread~~~ 3 minutes ago
- › Life w/PMDD/Severe PMS Support... 5 minutes ago
- › Newbie 14 minutes ago
- › books/tv forum 18 minutes ago
- › April 2014 challenge: 1,000 minutes of exercise! 22 minutes ago
- › Anyone else currently nursing? 24 minutes ago
- › My Book of Days 28 minutes ago
- › Nomadic, Boho, Vegan, Witchy Mama of 2 & TTC 31 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding my Tribe After the Death of my Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo