I'm really out of shape and get really overwhelmed by making big changes, like "I'm gonna start exercising an hour a day!" So I've been trying to incorporate just 10 minutes of sub-moderate exercise into my day to make it a habit. All summer I did a 10 minute walk after my DD went to bed, but now it's dark by then and I need a new plan. Exercise during the day has been pretty difficult, so I'd like to do something in the evening. BUT my house is teeny tiny, so I can't jump around and make noise after kiddo's in bed. Any ideas for something indoors that's kind of on par with the fitness level of my 10 minute walks? My only idea so far is a bunch of sun salutations all in a row.
- topicFitnesstagged by newmamalizzy, 10/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- A New Year of Dedicated Home Yoga Practice: 2014 Last post on Yesterday at 3:10 pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! Last post on Yesterday at 11:29 pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Keeping the Motivation Flame Bright through November Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:55pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Pilates or gym membership? Last post on 10/28/13 at 7:22pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- NOVEMBER CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come in and post your workout!!! Track goals... Last post on 12/3/13 at 8:39am in Fitness and Weight Management
One, Two, Three...Sing and Do Yoga With Me!
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-PackLast edited: 8/2/13
- Making Peace With My BodyLast edited: 6/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingLast edited: 4/15/13
- Baby and YouLast edited: 1/26/11
Simple, quiet indoor exercises ideas, please!post #1 of 1110/7/13 at 6:08pmThread Starterpost #2 of 1110/8/13 at 8:11am
10 sun salutations would be amazing. Throw some warrior poses in there, a twist, end with pigeon pose. You would be walking tall. I couldn't really think of something better and more quiet. I like to throw in some extra push-ups in push-up pose (knees on ground) and start with some abdominal work, especially plank on the forearms and sde-arm pose, again on the forearms.post #3 of 1110/14/13 at 7:59am
I have been using an exercise ball for about 10-20 minutes a day. There are so many different workouts you can do on the ball to target most trouble zones. Plus its a quiet exercise. I use mine mostly for abs, thighs, and arms. You can find workouts to do with the ball on youtube or pinterest. Make sure when purchasing you buy the correct size ball for your height. I ended up ordering mine online because I am on the shorter side. You can use this guide to help pick which size ball is best for you- http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_gear/balance_ball.dopost #4 of 1110/18/13 at 12:14am
Ideally if you have a mat, you can just do floor exercises. A towel can be used, but it may slide a little much. If you have carpet, then that makes it easier.
Some abdominals, as long as you try to keep your back to the floor, you can quickly build up a sweat.
There are a lot of things you can do, even in small spaces. What to do depends if you are trying to burn calories or tone up.
Example of a small space workout is that YouTube video, how to lose weight in the bathroom without taking a sh**. Kind of hilarious, but when you really think about it, as he says in the video, "Look how small that bathroom is... No excuses..." I can't imagine your apartment being smaller than that bathroom.post #5 of 1110/27/13 at 1:00pmpost #6 of 1110/28/13 at 7:25pmpost #7 of 1110/31/13 at 6:00ampost #8 of 1111/1/13 at 4:06am
I just started exercising again after having let myself go somewhat... I love yoga and have found a program that I really like! It's scientifically created for weight loss, it's really straight forward and simple, and the warm up stretches are relaxing and easy to do. It also comes with a manual, and you can download it from: www.basicyogapositions.com!
Best of luck!post #9 of 1111/1/13 at 4:47am
I recently participated in an influenster Dr. Scholl's® Active Series®trial. I would certainly recommend these for anyone starting a new exercise program. They do not slip, fit and support your foot well and no sweating feet!
In terms of exercise from home ideas. There are "standing abs" exercises available that are 10 mins long and do not require a lot of noise making. The firm and the abs diet both have good tapes on these.
Good Luckpost #10 of 1111/1/13 at 4:58pmThread Starter
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'm sorry for not responding sooner. I was attempting the sun salutation thing for a while, but it's kind of fizzled. For some reason I find it more mentally challenging and easier to give up on than walking. Maybe because it's private? A video might be better, but I don't have a way to play one in the space I have to exercise. Anyone know of any audio exercise things? I will have to dig out my old exercise ball and give that a try. That's something I hadn't considered. Any specific youtube videos that you like? I tend to get caught up in searching for them and never actually do any...post #11 of 1111/1/13 at 6:30pm
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-Pack
- › Please explain to me why.. 1 minute ago
- › 2013 in 2013 1 minute ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Found It!! -- California Vaccine Exemption Waiver -- Where can I... 12 minutes ago
- › What is your word for nursing? 15 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 23 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 25 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 28 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant & Parenting October, November & December 2013! 49 minutes ago
- › Ever feel stuck? 1 hour ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo