I'm really out of shape and get really overwhelmed by making big changes, like "I'm gonna start exercising an hour a day!" So I've been trying to incorporate just 10 minutes of sub-moderate exercise into my day to make it a habit. All summer I did a 10 minute walk after my DD went to bed, but now it's dark by then and I need a new plan. Exercise during the day has been pretty difficult, so I'd like to do something in the evening. BUT my house is teeny tiny, so I can't jump around and make noise after kiddo's in bed. Any ideas for something indoors that's kind of on par with the fitness level of my 10 minute walks? My only idea so far is a bunch of sun salutations all in a row.
- topicFitnesstagged by newmamalizzy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- What's your favorite blender? Last post on Yesterday at 4:00 pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- April 2014 challenge: 1,000 minutes of exercise! Last post on Yesterday at 4:43 pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- bra advice Last post on 3/23/14 at 7:37am in Fitness and Weight Management
- Weight loss challenge! Last post on 4/8/14 at 6:15am in Fitness and Weight Management
- Workout DVDs for an uncoordinated, very out of shape beginner? Last post on 3/18/14 at 12:05pm in Fitness and Weight Management
One, Two, Three...Sing and Do Yoga With Me!
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-PackLast edited: 8/2/13
- Making Peace With My BodyLast edited: 6/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingLast edited: 4/15/13
- Baby and YouLast edited: 1/26/11
Simple, quiet indoor exercises ideas, please!post #1 of 1110/7/13 at 6:08pmThread Starterpost #2 of 1110/8/13 at 8:11am
10 sun salutations would be amazing. Throw some warrior poses in there, a twist, end with pigeon pose. You would be walking tall. I couldn't really think of something better and more quiet. I like to throw in some extra push-ups in push-up pose (knees on ground) and start with some abdominal work, especially plank on the forearms and sde-arm pose, again on the forearms.post #3 of 1110/14/13 at 7:59am
I have been using an exercise ball for about 10-20 minutes a day. There are so many different workouts you can do on the ball to target most trouble zones. Plus its a quiet exercise. I use mine mostly for abs, thighs, and arms. You can find workouts to do with the ball on youtube or pinterest. Make sure when purchasing you buy the correct size ball for your height. I ended up ordering mine online because I am on the shorter side. You can use this guide to help pick which size ball is best for you- http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_gear/balance_ball.dopost #4 of 1110/18/13 at 12:14am
Ideally if you have a mat, you can just do floor exercises. A towel can be used, but it may slide a little much. If you have carpet, then that makes it easier.
Some abdominals, as long as you try to keep your back to the floor, you can quickly build up a sweat.
There are a lot of things you can do, even in small spaces. What to do depends if you are trying to burn calories or tone up.
Example of a small space workout is that YouTube video, how to lose weight in the bathroom without taking a sh**. Kind of hilarious, but when you really think about it, as he says in the video, "Look how small that bathroom is... No excuses..." I can't imagine your apartment being smaller than that bathroom.post #5 of 1110/27/13 at 1:00pmpost #6 of 1110/28/13 at 7:25pmpost #7 of 1110/31/13 at 6:00ampost #8 of 1111/1/13 at 4:06am
I just started exercising again after having let myself go somewhat... I love yoga and have found a program that I really like! It's scientifically created for weight loss, it's really straight forward and simple, and the warm up stretches are relaxing and easy to do. It also comes with a manual, and you can download it from: www.basicyogapositions.com!
Best of luck!post #9 of 1111/1/13 at 4:47am
I recently participated in an influenster Dr. Scholl's® Active Series®trial. I would certainly recommend these for anyone starting a new exercise program. They do not slip, fit and support your foot well and no sweating feet!
In terms of exercise from home ideas. There are "standing abs" exercises available that are 10 mins long and do not require a lot of noise making. The firm and the abs diet both have good tapes on these.
Good Luckpost #10 of 1111/1/13 at 4:58pmThread Starter
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'm sorry for not responding sooner. I was attempting the sun salutation thing for a while, but it's kind of fizzled. For some reason I find it more mentally challenging and easier to give up on than walking. Maybe because it's private? A video might be better, but I don't have a way to play one in the space I have to exercise. Anyone know of any audio exercise things? I will have to dig out my old exercise ball and give that a try. That's something I hadn't considered. Any specific youtube videos that you like? I tend to get caught up in searching for them and never actually do any...post #11 of 1111/1/13 at 6:30pm
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-Pack
- › pregnancy announcements 24 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Worm Moon 24 minutes ago
- › 2nd trimester- how are you feeling? 25 minutes ago
- › The person below me..... 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Do you fart infront of your husband???? 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Five Random things..... 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Minecraft homeschool 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 14 (starts March 3,... 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo
- › Magic Under the Table by BrainChild
- › So Precious It Hurts by Sheryl Paul
- › Is Your Child Ready to Read? A Checklist by Melanie Mayo