Over a year ago, my baby sister took her life. I saw my mom two days ago for the first time since she left us. The profound grief that seems to have taken over the last 48 hours is crushing. Instead of brining my family together, it has broken it irreparably. I no longer speak to the surviving sibling and my family has moved away. I am utterly alone, having lost my best friend and also have the looming divorce to deal with. I am not sure what I need but it hurts. Nothig could hurt memore for she was MY baby. Right now I feel lost after feeling I had come so far.
- topicGrief And Losstagged by zonapellucida, 10/23/13
Soothing Parents and Children After A Tragedy
Last edited: 12/10/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- A Bereaved Mom's Plea to the Nonbereaved: 'I Wish...Last edited: 10/4/13
- Guiding Children Through Grief: The Aftermath of the Colorado FloodsLast edited: 9/21/13
- My Introduction to MotherhoodLast edited: 12/6/13
Relapse into profound griefpost #1 of 310/23/13 at 4:23pmThread Starterpost #2 of 310/23/13 at 5:43pmpost #3 of 310/23/13 at 9:01pm
mama i am so sorry.
It is sooo hard to lose your best friend. I lost my brother 25 years ago and suddenly that crushing grief still comes on. Mostly for things i would have loved to share with him. we just had his anniversary last month.
Your many minions hopefully will be able to help you pull through.
as i lay in hospital to give birth whilst my ‘dear’ husband (who had been vacillating between wanting a divorce and not sure what to do - in the end i made up his mind for him) went off to play tennis and hang out with friends, i Soo dreadfully missed my bro and father who would have never left my side.
Lots of hugs to you.
- Remembering Pregnancy Loss
- › abx for wisdom teeth extraction? 2 minutes ago
- › Groton Dental Wellness.....dentists on probation? 2 minutes ago
- › Queer parents 5 minutes ago
- › El Paso Post Partum Doulas? 8 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 10 minutes ago
- › Child exposed to porn at playdate 11 minutes ago
- › Visitors! 17 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 17 minutes ago
- › Home Birth Mamas - Are you out there? 22 minutes ago
- › Everyone's a critic.... 23 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Brian Leaf
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo