Honestly this vaccine has been hanging over my head since my DS was born. HIB!!!
In a couple months he will be three with a new sibling arriving in April.
I know according to Dr.Sears this one is relatively safe. But I am concerned about the casual link to diabetes type 1.
I also am wondering is this vaccine still responsible for increased hib disease for seven days after the shot?
I know that it is rare to have hib above three, but obviously there have been some cases of it.
One other question is, did anyone get hib without getting prevnar. Is that ok or will giving him hib and not prevnar open him up for new types of infections?
What I am looking for are answers to the above questions. I am also looking for others who decided or did not decide to do hib and why. I have looked through the other threads, yet I am still unsatisfied. Please help if you can, I have lost so much sleep over worrying about this. Worrying about doing it or not doing it. Both directions make me uncomfortable. Thank you.
Edited by MommatoGray - 10/24/13 at 10:11am