or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Vaccinations Debate › Fun thread for a change! Anyone up for a meme-off?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fun thread for a change! Anyone up for a meme-off? - Page 2

post #21 of 79
This thread was not 'Fun' FTR.
post #22 of 79
I want more memes! Enough with the wordy answers. wink1.gif Maybe create your own? Any good sites out there to make it easier?
post #23 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post

I want more memes! Enough with the wordy answers. wink1.gif Maybe create your own? Any good sites out there to make it easier?

 

Well, this is a great place for pro vaccine memes ;)   https://www.facebook.com/RtAVM

 

Just click on the images- there are hundreds! Lots of really good ones. 

 

If you are looking for anti vaccine memes... you'll have to ask someone else :) 

post #24 of 79




I like this because they are debating each other so you don't even have to respond.
post #25 of 79
Thread Starter 

post #26 of 79

post #27 of 79


Sorry, not 100 percent relavent
post #28 of 79

Sorry about the image quality.  This is one of the things that got me on the road to being non-vax.  My (now 17 year old) was given DPT as an infant.  When I learned that DTaP existed, was safer, but that the province I then lived in was still giving DPT anyways, I was angry.  I felt a trust had been broken.  

post #29 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post



Sorry, not 100 percent relavent

lol.

post #30 of 79
Thread Starter 

This meme always cracks me up. 

post #31 of 79
Thread Starter 

post #32 of 79
Kathymuggles- Off topic- and maybe everyone already knows this- but the delay with Tylenol warning labels and dosing changes etc was similarly shockingly slow, making me think it is either universal, or only that slow for really dangerous meds? Anyways, I love This American Life and they did a great piece on it

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/505/use-only-as-directed

Now, I do believe firmly in Tylenol for pain control control (not fever, not pre-vax just to pretend this is not off topic) and still think it is an important drug, but summed up a lot of its scary aspects (not touching on the asthma etc connections that I know are out there).

Ok sorry. Meme away.
post #33 of 79
Thread Starter 

 

Video proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pByYy2uhIIU&feature=youtu.be


Edited by teacozy - 10/26/13 at 9:16pm
post #34 of 79
Thread Starter 

Actually watched the video and can't believe how ironic and funny it is. 

 

Penny: Do a study where you look at how many days vaccinated children miss from school vs how many days unvaccinated children miss school.

Interviewer: What would the days of school indicate? 

Penny: That they're healthier. If the unvaccinated kids miss 5 days of school and the vaccinated kids miss 27 you can interpret that to say that unvaccinated kids are healthier.

Interviewer: But you missed the entire third grade and you are unvaccinated.

Penny: I was sick....and it was good!  Yeah...so... maybe...I'm not a scientific researcher. I don't know how to set all those things up. 

 

Me= duh.gif :rotflmao

post #35 of 79
This thread really belongs in Vax on Schedule.
post #36 of 79
Only b/c the non-vaxxers haven't posted as many. I don't get why it's not 'debate'
post #37 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahx View Post

This thread really belongs in Vax on Schedule.

Non and sel/del could post memes, though.  We just haven't.

 

TBH, I have looked for good non-vax memes and am not coming up with many.  The best I have seen have been under vaccine choice on google images.  I think I am being choosy, though.  I want them to be rock-solid memes, so I do not get into unnecessary bickering on a meme I only 3/4 believe in.  

post #38 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post
 

 

Video proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pByYy2uhIIU&feature=youtu.be

I have seen this meme before.

 

I kind of doubt she missed the whole third grade due to childhood illness.  She is probably looking at 10 days each for measles, mumps, rubella and CP, plus a month of so for pertussis (that one is harder to figure out).  So - two months - and a bit.

 

I do not consider 2 months and bit , typically spread out over numerous years, as a huge cost.

 

I think it is very unfortunate that some people feel compelled vax so their kids will not miss school and they will not miss work (pertussis, perhaps, aside - as it is a longer time out).  Vaccines are medical decisions, they should be made for medical reasons.  I genuinely wish all employers and schools had policies in place so kids could be sick for a week or so without there being numerous negative consequences. 

 

(ETA:  I watched the video.  Ugh, annoyingly biased and mocking.  Anyway - at one point the researcher said "but you missed the whole 3 rd grade" and Tennpenny said "yes, I was sick, and it was good".  She did not say what she was sick with - and even if anyone wants to jump to the conclusion it was VAD, she is definitely a one-off (an anecdote :mischief) Most kids would not miss that amount of school with the diseases listed in the memes.  


Edited by kathymuggle - 10/27/13 at 7:39am
post #39 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
 

I have seen this meme before.

 

I kind of doubt she missed the whole third grade due to childhood illness.  She is probably looking at 10 days each for measles, mumps, rubella and CP, plus a month of so for pertussis (that one is harder to figure out).  So - two months - and a bit.

 

I do not consider 2 months and bit , typically spread out over numerous years, as a huge cost.

 

I think it is very unfortunate that some people feel compelled vax so their kids will not miss school and they will not miss work (pertussis, perhaps, aside - as it is a longer time out).  Vaccines are medical decisions, they should be made for medical reasons.  I genuinely wish all employers and schools had policies in place so kids could be sick for a week or so without there being numerous negative consequences. 

 

Two months is not anywhere close to being the entire third grade. She says *herself* that she nearly missed the entire third grade due to illness and that she was really sick.  If you read the comments on that video I linked someone posts a link to the entire video. I think it's called injected and is a documentary that has lots of interviews and she says it herself! She also didn't try to correct the interviewer when she brought up that point.  I'm not sure why you think you know more about her school absences than she does?  


Edited by teacozy - 10/27/13 at 7:56am
post #40 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post
 

 

Two months is not anywhere close to being the entire third grade. She says *herself* that she nearly missed the entire third grade due to illness and that she was really sick.  If you read the comments on that video I linked someone posts a link to the entire video. I think it's called injected or something like that and is a documentary that has lots of interviews and she says it herself! She also didn't try to correct the interviewer when she brought up that point.  I'm not sure why you think you know more about her school absences than she does?  

I added an edit to the post you quoted.  We must have cross posted.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Vaccinations Debate
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Vaccinations Debate › Fun thread for a change! Anyone up for a meme-off?