It has totally depended on work schedules and other stuff over the years. Anywhere from none to 16. Currently they go to grandma's for a couple of hours a day.
- topicStay At Home Parentstagged by mamazee, 10/25/13
Related Forum Threads
- What did you give up to SAHM? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:49pm in Stay at Home Parents
- Is society as a whole pretty negative about SAHMs? Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:21am in Stay at Home Parents
- Guess what my 3 year old told me today Last post on 8/29/13 at 1:20am in Stay at Home Parents
- Balance house and teaching children Last post on 10/2/13 at 5:18am in Stay at Home Parents
- 8 year old only daughter wants me to be her constant, 24/7 playdate Last post on 8/1/13 at 2:32pm in The Childhood Years
8 Misconceptions About Being a Stay-at-Home Mom
Last edited: 10/24/13
- Where The Heart IsLast edited: 7/3/13
- A Mama's Peace
How many hours are you alone with your children each day? - Page 2post #21 of 2411/29/13 at 1:04pmpost #22 of 2411/30/13 at 10:53amQuote:Originally Posted by gitanamama
Not to highjack this thread, but how do you mamas do it without burning out?? I love DS with all my heart, but after 6 or 7 hrs alone with him, I'm so ready for a break! I guess I'm just feeling really burnt out lately- 10 weeks pregnant and DH was out of the country for 3 weeks- but I would love any insight on how to make it through the day alone with your kiddos without feeling like you need a very strong drink at the end.
Nobody said I wasn't loony tunes!
I agree with the PP who said get out of the house. I started occasionally attending breastfeeding support meetings just to interact with other human beings, even though I didn't need any help. Getting out is/was HARD sometimes, but it makes me feel better. Sometimes I go on walks with another mom friend. I'm blessed to have a great mommy support group run through a local store that has given me a place to go and friends to hang out with.
When DS was young, I'd go to my parents sometimes when dh was out of town. But it quickly got annoying dragging all of his stuff over there and being away from home. Honestly, I never thought I could make it through dh being gone so much. But when you have no other choice but to do something, you do it. Somehow, you pull the strength you need out of yourself. But the more family/friend support you can muster, the easier it will be.post #23 of 2412/1/13 at 6:29ampost #24 of 2412/1/13 at 10:53amThat sounds like heaven contactmaya! I guess I struggle because DS almost never does his own thing. He won't play with toys on his own and his limit for painting, drawing is about 10 minutes. He gave up naps before he turned 2, so I don't really have any "off" time during the day- he's constantly by my side, needing engagement. I try to include him in all my chores and projects, but sometimes my brain just needs a break from the toddler chatter and endless questions.
Thanks for all the suggestions on staying sane- I think I'll try getting out of the house more. It's a little tricky in the winter since the park isn't an option- we're both pretty bored with the library and children's museum, which are our usual cold weather spots. But I'll do some brainstorming on winter "field trips"!
- Where The Heart Is
- › Recommend a first-time birth plan? 3 minutes ago
- › "Create Your Own Holiday Cards" Giveaway 4 minutes ago
- › What is my baby trying to tell me?! 7 minutes ago
- › 10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread) 11 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call 18 minutes ago
- › Chicken Pox - My son has been excused from school 23 minutes ago
- › Struggling with my C-section 24 minutes ago
- › Introduce Yourself! 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Cravings 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › present wrapping - bags, paper, or tissue paper as wrapping paper,... 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo