Grocery budget: $625- this does NOT include beef and chicken. We buy our beef by the side and chickens in bulk from a friend; both are already paid for.
Gifts- $50 each for DD1 and DS2. DH is the other birthday this month and he got his gift yesterday, a cell phone upgrade (budgeted).
Knit a stick horse head, 2 pairs of child gloves, a pair of mittens, a hat, and sew a Waldorf baby doll for Christmas gifts.
Do something intentionally frugal every day.
1. Co-op order placed, $117.70, DH stopped @ store $7.14; $500.16 left in the grocery budget. With DH's cell phone upgrade came a contract change, lowered our cell phone bill about $15/ month. Mended one of the baby's knitted wool diaper covers.
2. Quick grocery run, $21.27, $478.70 left in grocery budget. Strained the beef stock I had in the crockpot and separated it into ziplocs to freeze. My stock is made from soup bones AND miscellaneous bones I get from our beef farmer. Made a batch of crockpot granola. Picked up chicken necks and feet from my "chicken friend". They butchered 16 birds of which I bought 8, but she doesn't use ANY of the feet and necks. She gave them ALL to me for FREE They make the most beautiful chicken stock, which I will get started later tonight or tomorrow.
3. Big monthly Costco shop today and I've already OVER spent the month's grocery budget *sigh* Granted, for the rest of the month, the only grocery shopping that will be done is when I ask DH to stop and pick up milk every week, but that's still about another $25. Started a batch of chicken stock from saved chicken carcasses and chicken feet.
4. Zulily had bunk beds for sale. We've been looking for bunk beds for our girls. Zulily had a set for $249.99, regularly $499 (I checked, some places were as high as $550!!) We ordered 2 sets of bunks for the price of 1!!! While very frugal for us, it wasn't in the budget this month. Also ordered a pair of casual Clarks shoes for me, $54.99. Extended the mashed potatoes by adding some parsnips from the garden. Strained the chicken stock and reduced it down to concentrate it more.
5. DH picked up the birthday gifts. Ordered Five Guys Burgers for lunch, budgeted for.
7. Ordered a long sleeve running shirt for myself (it was on sale, is my excuse) and placed a fairly large order w/ Mountain Rose Herbs. Made split pea soup for dinner using a leftover ham bone I was saving in the freezer.