Now, at 30 weeks along we get a bill from the BC for nearly the entire cost of the birth. As it turns out, the midwives are in-network and the facility is out of network for the insurance company. What? So we have to meet an in network deductible and an out of network deductible for both mother and baby. That adds up!
Called the Hb midwife, and of course, she cannot take me so late. She is booked with a waiting list for January. Basically told me she couldnt even put me on the waiting list. So now i am stuck having a birth i didn't really want for about 2 K more than i would have paid if i had just signed on with the HB midwife to start with. Ugh. So freaking annoyed by insurance and healthcare. I should have just gone with what i wanted instead of trying to save some money.