DD has been in Bambo disposables for a month now, waiting to hit 12lbs before trying a cloth diaper sample set from a local store. I spent the weekend stripping the washing machine and prepping the new dipes. She spent 24hrs in them and immediately got a rash. Bah!
I am trying to eliminate any big obvious causes, but also feeling pretty annoyed.
Here are the common issues I think I addressed, but let me know if I am missing any big things:
1. Began using charlie's soap for all my laundry after stripping the machine
2. Prepped dipes by washing and drying 5 times
3. Using Kissaluvs lotion potion since she was born, which adresed her first rash when she was a newborn and has worked well since (until trying cloth).
4. Changing after every nap and before each BF session, which is roughly once every 1.5 hrs.
5. The only synthetic component of the dipes is PUL covers-- the rest of the materials are organic hemp, bamboo, and cotton. Styles we are trying include prefolds, pocket, AIO, and a hybrid style.