Thanks, guys. I've been sort of understating it maybe, but what if getting both people on board is not possible? I know it's important, even essential. But I think in my situation I have to accept that DH has not only a vastly different approach to money and spending, but major major issues that make a never-ending cycle of debt (incurred by him) very likely. We've worked on it together in the past and gotten in and out of his debt as a couple several times. Most of that is way beyond my control and I'm just exhausted. What do I do ? Is .
Related Forum Threads
- Turbotax Bonus Last post on 3/11/14 at 7:12am in Frugality & Finances
- ~~Savings at the End of the Rainbow!!~~ March No Spend/ Spend Less Challenge!! All Welcome!! Last post on Yesterday at 6:03 pm in Frugality & Finances
- Is there a group / forum out there like this? DR related Last post on 3/12/14 at 11:46am in Frugality & Finances
- Is it legal for my landlord to.... Last post on Yesterday at 11:16 pm in Frugality & Finances
- ~~ Be Mine, Sweet Savings ~~ February No-Spend Challenge! All Welcome! Last post on 3/1/14 at 11:45am in Frugality & Finances
Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?
Last edited: 2/14/14
- Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at ChristmasLast edited: 12/18/13
- 100 Last Minute Stocking Stuffers for Kids
Getting Out of Debt in November 2013 - Page 3post #42 of 4811/16/13 at 4:18pm
does he like to read? would he read total money makeover? would he goto FPU with you? not sure what else to suggest. I'm working on getting my mom to start some of this budgeting stuff like she calls it. i'm working on her because she is the one in charge of the budgeting in the household. and she can work on her BF from there. *fingers crossed*
maybe get him to a blank budget sheet and get him to write what he thinks the budget should be.post #43 of 4811/29/13 at 4:26am
Well, today is a major shopping day in the U.S. for many people. I won't be going as I am way to pregnant to be dealing with crowds and chaos - although I did see some sales online that I might go for.
Great article about staying on budget for Christmas shopping.post #44 of 4811/29/13 at 7:27amThanks for the tips, lilac! I guess Santa isn't the only one who should make a list and check it twice. Haha corny joke.
I'm really committing to making gifts for people this year. I'm enjoying the Handmade Holidays thread. I'm planning to let my family members know that I'm not giving expensive gifts this year so they don't feel obligated to. I'm going to attempt to make everyone rice bag hand warmers and possibly neck warmers. Also considering making scarves and leg warmers out of old sweaters.
As for budgeting, we're doing ok. We traveled to visit family and went over budget, so we'll have to try to make that up elsewhere. I'm trying not to be too disappointed with us though since it's been 3 years since we last lived on a budget. We're going to start implementing the envelope method. We're really looking forward to getting some of our lower balances paid off in the next few months.
Also, I wrote down ALL of our debts and found that, excluding mortgage, we don't really have as much debt as we thought. I forget the exact number but it's right around $25k. Most of that is actually student loans and the rest of our vehicle loan (27 months left), so it's lower interest than if it was all credit card debt.post #45 of 4812/6/13 at 9:45amThread StarterI have been reading about the laws of attraction and the idea that you attract what you think about....... I was wondering if we should change the name of thread to leave out the word Debt? Just a thought as I noticed theres not a December thread yet. Would be a good time to tweak the name.
If you all think I am just being silly, I will not be offended and can just put up the usual thread :-)post #46 of 4812/6/13 at 12:10pmYou could google "law of attraction cult" and see what you find. Even if one finds some validity to this law of attraction idea in some way, the name as it is tells visitors, or people who may be interested in getting out of debt, what the thread is specifically about. Without using the word Debt, it may be vague and murky, not really telling what the thread is actually about.post #47 of 4812/6/13 at 12:17pm
- Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas
- › Birth certificate and proof of pregnancy 8 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 8 minutes ago
- › Does anyone still hang out here? 11 minutes ago
- › Things I Said I Would NEVER Do..... (Let's see how well that... 12 minutes ago
- › Heartbroken & whole other host of emotions 14 minutes ago
- › Any Baby Arrivals yet? 16 minutes ago
- › Everyone's favorite - and etiquette question. 20 minutes ago
- › Colorado Vaccine Exemption Legistlation 21 minutes ago
- › Forced weaning grief 25 minutes ago
- › Any other moms expecting #5 or more? 26 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher