I do not vaccinate, however I do see the value in vaccines in some cases. Some might say that I am "open minded". However, when we have "the talk" with doctors about it, it just goes in one ear and out the other as I smile and nod because of the way they talk about it. They don't present pros and cons. They don't acknowledge my concerns. Last time we had a similar talk was with our allergy doctor. He was trying to convince me to get the flu shot for my kids "Because the flu is highly fatal in kids and can cause strep pneumonia which is fatal in 24 hours." Oh so you're pulling the dead baby card? Allow me to go over my shopping list in my head while you blabber on.
- topicVaccinationstagged by micah_mae_, 11/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Who is saying vaccines don't make money?? Last post on Today at 6:04 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words Last post on Yesterday at 6:23 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- "Holly's Law" Titres accepted in lieu of second MMR in NJ--BUT DID YOUR DOCTOR... Last post on Yesterday at 6:08 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Corporate Control of Media Last post on Yesterday at 1:14 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Complicit media - gatekeepers for the pro-vaccine establishment and purveyors of propaganda Last post on Yesterday at 6:10 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 12/26/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
How Drs talk to us about vaccines.post #1 of 711/9/13 at 7:21amThread Starterpost #2 of 711/9/13 at 8:23am
That definitely bothers me too. If any doctor presented it all realistically and actually addressed the fact that there ARE risks and the ingredients ARE toxins and there IS a lot we don't understand about the immune system and their efficacy is NOT perfect or even good in some cases, it would be easier to hear that side. As it is, the only thing I ever get is, "Your baby WILL get the most severe form of all of these illnesses as soon as you walk out of my office if you don't vaccinate your baby now."post #3 of 711/9/13 at 9:31amThread Starterpost #4 of 711/9/13 at 9:22pm
I still sort of shake my head at the conversation I recently had with my children's dr..
I basically explained my concern with vaccinating was about the ingredients, the toxins and how I didn't want them in my kid bodies. Her response was along the lines of: " Well all the toxins are in our enviroment anyway and are already going to get into their bodies, so the toxins might as well go in where there can be a medical benefit at the same time" .. She was serious, I kind of wanted to laugh but I just smiled and didn't say anything..
Seems a little looney to me, and in my mind - I really go out of my way to keep ALL those toxins out of my kids bodies, so no, dr, they are not getting in anyway because I don't let my kids roll around in mud laced with mercury, aluminum and formahyde and fetal tissue.. though I don't have alot of control about our carpet, the air etc etc....post #5 of 711/10/13 at 7:16am
I've heard that argument before. "Well, there are toxins everywhere." So I should be okay with just injecting my infant with more? How does that even make sense? This wasn't a doctor, at least, but someone who supposedly has a doctorate in immunology.
That said, the same person responded to my saying that there have been no studies on the safety of vaccines in pregnant women by saying (and yes, I'm serious): "Of course there are no studies - that would be unethical."
Which, yes... but she was also advocating that vaccines are totally safe for pregnant women despite the fact that there have been no studies done and we have absolutely no idea what crosses the placenta and what doesn't and how it affects an unborn baby. So I guess it's unethical to do the studies, but it is ethical to just tell pregnant women it's safe and inject them anyway.post #6 of 711/10/13 at 1:57pm
Threads like these make me so grateful for the doctor we have! Granted DD is only a few months old but when I told him we aren't vaccinating he just said. "Honestly I didn't want to vaccinate my kids either but the more I looked into it and weighed it over I decided it was worth it. All I'm going to say to you about it is just get the shots... but ultimately you're her mom so I can't tell you what to do."
I've been kicking around seeing a pedi in the office just to meet one but don't want to ruin my good luck lol.post #7 of 711/11/13 at 7:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by keakiepie
Which, yes... but she was also advocating that vaccines are totally safe for pregnant women despite the fact that there have been no studies done and we have absolutely no idea what crosses the placenta and what doesn't and how it affects an unborn baby. So I guess it's unethical to do the studies, but it is ethical to just tell pregnant women it's safe and inject them anyway.
I completely agree. I can buy the unethical thing, I just can't buy the recommending or pushing it with lack of solid evidence.
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › can't find heartbeat on my home doppler 2 minutes ago
- › POLL: when did you start wearing maternity clothes? 3 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 4 minutes ago
- › The subtle difference between "understanding" and "agreeing" 10 minutes ago
- › Distance education? 13 minutes ago
- › upsetting appointment 16 minutes ago
- › ~~Savings at the End of the Rainbow!!~~ March No Spend/ Spend Less... 16 minutes ago
- › Blood Glucose At-Home Testing 19 minutes ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 19 minutes ago
- › How you know you have "Pregnancy Brain" 21 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild