Originally Posted by MariaMadly
DS2 is home for winter break! Got lots ready before we got him:
- washed and hung a load of laundry
- brought out a box of clothes that need sorting; set aside a couple pieces to donate
- baked ham and cheese biscuits
- baked a loaf of seitan
- reorganized leftovers
- cooked up a soup from some of them
- babbled Honey-dos at DH*
- took my mother to Mass
- drove down to the airport ninety minutes away to get DS2
- got home, reheated food for people
- took dirty laundry down basement
- washed dishes
* So, do vicarious accomplishments count? DH:
- walked the dog
- hung our wreaths on the upstairs balcony railing
- took out the trash
- took a letter down to our mailbox 1/4 mile down the driveway
- brought various things upstairs / downstairs from where they were to where they belonged
That's just the stuff I asked him to do. He also talked on the phone with DS1 for over an hour and did some other things, but let him get his own user name if he wants that enshrined here. :-)
So great that your kids will be home! That's the best gift. And I say vicarious accomplishments count - it takes effort to coordinate a spouse to do things! ;-)
Had an amazingly productive morning here, despite still having the dregs of yesterday's migraine. It's been down to a dull ache, but man - I am ready to be done with it!
- Dropped husband off at work.
- Filled up the car with gas.
- Stopped at Dominick's to check out the final stuff. My store won't be open tomorrow - it was down to maybe an aisle of stuff, and not a full aisle at that. I did buy some odds and ends - spent about $10 for $40 worth off stuff. I got 2 boxes of canning lids, Ball Fruit Fresh, couple of boxes of pectin, white curling ribbon (I was just running out of it for wrapping Christmas gifts and Little Man spotted it!), Lightning McQueen paper cups, 3 packages of Lightening McQueen paper napkins and a Duraflame fire starter (we use them when camping). We wished everyone good luck and a Merry Christmas - but I think most of them are just tired and want it to be over at this point.
- Went into Dollar Tree for disposable baking pans and gift bags.
- Went into Target to take advantage of 10% off all orders, plus I had some coupons and Cartwheel. I got some additional meat and a few other items. The freezer is full of meat now!
- Popped into Whole Foods for Earth Balance (only because I had coupons!).
- Put two loads of laundry to wash.
- Fed Little Man lunch and put him down for his nap.
- Started the dishwasher.
- Handwashed a few dishes.
- Started turkey noodle soup for lunch.
Now I need to get off here and do some office work while Little Man naps. And then for the afternoon -
- Bake cookies with Little Man.
- Fold and put away the laundry.
- Go to Ikea early to pick up husband from work so I can pick up ligonberries for Christmas and some bags that a coworker asked for.
- Sunday night work prep.
Off I go!