My vent for the day: why is getting pregnant so freaking hard to do? With my son, I was 27 (I'm 32 now) and it was nothing. Like literally, I know the day and time conception happened. This time around (5 years later) and it's like pulling teeth with no pain med. I can't get pregnant to save my life. First it was stress, then it was my weight, then it was I'm not ovulating, etc. It's ALWAYS something! I just want to get pregnant, have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. That's it. I feel bad for feeling this way since there are ladies who have spent YEARS trying to get pregnant with no success and here I am almost a year in and complaining. Sigh. Vent over and back to work I go!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicInfertilitytagged by Xerxella, 12/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Do we Ever Get Over Wanting a baby? Last post on Yesterday at 10:30 am in Infertility
- Random questions pcos cm ect Last post on 4/9/14 at 8:30pm in Infertility
- Anyone used DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) for elevated FSH? Last post on 4/4/14 at 9:03am in Infertility
- Health of kids conceived via IVF Last post on 4/4/14 at 11:55am in Infertility
- Uterine polyps anyone? Last post on 3/26/14 at 7:22am in Infertility
Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations and Toys - Why Natural...
Last edited: 12/21/13
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...Last edited: 2/7/14
- The Scars Mommy HidesLast edited: 11/18/13
- One Mom's Perspective on Why the New Health Care Reform is VitalLast edited: 12/6/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Page 25post #481 of 6212/10/14 at 11:17ampost #482 of 6212/10/14 at 11:18ampost #483 of 6212/10/14 at 12:34pmLittle kind - glad you have found your peace with what's happening to you... I'm sure there are a few things that doctors could try to help make a sticky one if you have no joy with the just the vitex... If there's a baby waiting for you they wont stop trying until they succeed - just hold that knowledge when it gets hard... Ladies is baby asprin something that helps?
Xerxella - this is sounding positive! Are they likely to out you on hold and wait for the small ones? Or just trigger the two big ones? Fx!
Mo - lol vent away - believe me we all feel like that at times, and the hormones really dont help! Oxford you had a really rough month your first one on clomid when you ovulated didn't you? Mo hugs! I've been there too, at times it feels like giving up would be easier - but we don't... We are living under the influence of babies lol, and that can be a joyous and annoying journey... When it gets bad just remember why you're doing it - I hope that gives you strength.
Btw my mum took letrozole for post chemo treatment, and felt so awful she only lasted 10 days - that made me feel braver getting through it. Also if you're not taking a mega b supp (or pg supp - same stuff) get one - I was starting to feel depressed and anxious from the meds and that supp put me back to normal.
8dpo here - on progesterone and hcg shots still so ignoring any 'symptoms' although I seem to get tummy twinges regardless of success lolpost #484 of 6212/11/14 at 8:05ampost #485 of 6212/11/14 at 11:13am
MAYDAY MAYDAY! My progesterone blood test is back. What does this mean??? My results have me at 6.46.
Normal Menstruating Females
Follicular Phase 0.15 - 1.40
Luteal Phase 3.34 - 25.56
Mid Luteal Phase 4.44 - 28.03
Postmenopausal 0.00 - 0.73
First Trimester 11.22 - 90.00
Second Trimester 25.55 - 89.40
Third Trimester 48.40 - 422.50post #486 of 6212/11/14 at 12:57pmMo I'm no expert but you are post o... So that means luteal phase or mid luteal phase... So although on the lower side you are in the normal brackets... Anyone please correct if wrong... But I'm thinking all is ok mine at 16dpo mid chemical was 37... Many re's give progesterone supps as a support regardless (mine does)
Anyway I can't see anything to stress too much about - what dpo were you when it was taken? Or cycle day...post #487 of 6212/11/14 at 1:13pmpost #488 of 6212/11/14 at 1:19pmSo if this cycle is going to end up with a pg it is still too early to expect your progesterone to have jumped to the pg stats... (My opinion lol) so I stand by my first thoughts - you are in the normal range just need to wait and see... If you have any worries ring your specialist - I bug the nurse at mine with questions whenever I need... They would much prefer that than I get stressed or change the protocol. Hope you are feeling less stressed!post #489 of 6212/11/14 at 2:06pm
Spoke with my doctor this evening. He says that my results are consistent with ovulation. Now we wait and see if I get a period. If not, then obviously I need to test for pregnancy If not pregnant, then it's back to the pharmacy to pick up my 100mg dose of clomid and try again.
I feel SO much better having a clue and knowing where to go from here.post #490 of 6212/11/14 at 2:15pmpost #491 of 6212/11/14 at 2:17pmpost #492 of 6212/11/14 at 2:30pmpost #493 of 6212/11/14 at 2:34pmpost #494 of 6212/11/14 at 2:41pmpost #495 of 6212/11/14 at 3:52pmQuote:
They want complete control of the ovaries and hormones and a month of BCPs gives them that. When I come off of them next bleed, that's when the stims start.
AFM - AF showed up tonight. Just heavy spotting, so looks like tomorrow will be CD1 for me. I've got to call in the AM and get my SIS scheduled for next week, start my BCPs, and finalize our protocol with the nurse (tomorrow afternoon)
DH had his semen analysis today. We should have results tonight. I'm really nervous. He's been off of clomid for 2.5 years now.post #496 of 6212/11/14 at 5:00pmpost #497 of 6212/11/14 at 5:32pm
Way to go everyone!
Been busy with school (I am in my master's program -taking 2 classes part-time while working part-time) and my husband is taking a course in order to apply for his master's as well.
Things have been a little off for the last couple weeks.
I got a call today that some of my blood work results came back and I need to get a shot for rubella.
Had to re-schedule our appt from this Thursday to early in March (due to vehicle issues- which is a whole other can of worms right now).
This has me frustrated and upset- everything seems to be taking so long. I just want to get the process started. I am tired of waitingpost #498 of 6212/11/14 at 7:46pm
Mo - I know how you feel. I got pregnant easy with my first...same as you. 1st time lucky! Then when I wanted to get pregnant with #2 nothing happened. It took me three years! It's a long story, but I can related to how you feel. When you want a baby you WANT a baby!! Secondary infertility puts you at a weird place! and I did sometimes feel guilty for being so upset I couldn't get pregnant again when so many ladies just wanted to get pregnant the 1st time.
Good luck! Clomid never worked for me, but a super dose of femara did.post #499 of 6212/11/14 at 8:06pmThread Startertinytina - Hugs. I hate the wait. I hope it goes quickly for you.
Kewpie - So exciting! And nerve racking! Let us know what your protocol is going to be when you get it. I love those details.
Mo - I agree with everyone else! You definitely ovulated. Hopefully, the progesterone will rise as you get your +HPT! LOL Seriously, when you do get your + you can have them re check your progesterone and feel free to supplement if it's below 10ish. When's testing day?
chuord - When are you expecting AF? (Or when are you testing?)
AFM - Yesterday's ultrasound didn't go too well. Basically, the follicles didn't grow at all. And my estrogen barely rose from 122 to 147. Double So, the doc upped the dose and I go back in in the morning for a check again. I'm not TOO worried. We're talking millimeters here. Yesterday they were 18, 17.5, 12, 12, 12, 11.5. Today they were 18, 17, 16, 13, 13, 11. And, two different ultrasound techs so they could be measuring differently. And, my estrogen DID go up and it's not surprising that's it's low because the letrozole will make it low. I think it'll rise now that I'm done with the letrozole. :FX I think IUI Friday or Saturday.post #500 of 6212/11/14 at 9:34pm
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...
- › April 2014 challenge: 1,000 minutes of exercise! 8 seconds ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 1 minute ago
- › another star publicly refuses to vaccinate and they skewer her in... 6 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant & Parenting January, February & March 2014 11 minutes ago
- › minor car accident at 14 weeks :( 11 minutes ago
- › Traveling with a 13mo: short or long layover? 17 minutes ago
- › ~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 23 minutes ago
- › Do you fart infront of your husband???? 38 minutes ago
- › CNN: US Autism Rate Surges--AGAIN 42 minutes ago
- › Seriously? I'm 5 weeks, but look 4 months at least 43 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool