Originally Posted by SugarAndSun
I've had two c/s and I had a window on my uterus last time (i.e. I would have been the 1 in 100 who had a uterine rupture), but now I'm told it could be repaired from the last c/s and I may be fine with a VBAC. I'm not sure it's worth the risk though. I sort of feel I'd be doing something I want (finally have a natural birth) and maybe not what's safest for baby. Ahhh... decisions. What made you decide on a HBAC?
I'm so excited to hear about the planned home births. :)
That's a scary thought! Can they check to see if it's healed or do you get to gamble?
I wanted a home birth last time. We just transferred care because they didn't do breech births, so there wasn't anything wrong with me and I've healed well.
I don't like the hospital. It's loud and bright and I hate needles SO much. If I need to transfer, I can make it work, but I really like the idea of a peaceful time after birth without people waking me up every two hours to check on me. And without that nerve wracking first drive with the newborn.
Plus, my two year old is really just never away from us. We need to start working on that so he can go a few hours, but the thought of him with someone else while we're at the hospital is stressful. And, with a low risk, c-sections are riskier than a VBAC. And, with a low risk, home births are safer than hospital births.