What are your Christmas traditions?
In our family, we always do the following -
- Visit the Christkindlemarkt for gluewine, brats, pretzels and Viennese almonds. We always buy our annual hand-blown glass tree ornament there.
- Put up the tree and decorate the house on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
- Leave out cookies for Santa (who only brings one gift at our house; the rest are from us).
- Make extra donations (we try to donate to our food bank on a regular basis).
- Spend Christmas Day at home. Our dinner is Norwegian meatballs, ligonberries, mashed potatoes and glogg. Some years we add in an extra meat, like duck breast or venison - something we don't eat very often.
- For cookies, we always bake at least spritz and Russian tea cakes.
- I always make at least one hand made gift for Little Man.