Greetings! On the eve of the new year I thought I would share some of my projects in the works (mentally, if not physically). This was originally posted here: radical homemaker thread?, but I thought others may want to chime in as well!
I wish you all a happy, healthy New Year!
My Top Five Homemaking Projects to Kick Off 2014
- Make a worm compost bin. I have wanted to do this for a while. I do not have a yard for a compost pile, but I can accommodate a worm bin for food scraps.
- Make a sourdough starter. My friend had one going for a long time and I just never made one for myself. I guess I have been a little intimidated about making bread, and I go through bouts of being grain free. But now is the time.
- Crochet a denim rug. I found great ideas on line. I was wondering what to do about our old jeans.
- Sew reusable "paper" towels. I saw this on line and thought it was a good idea.
- Make some homemade yogurt. I really want to try this recipe because you don't need to heat it up and keep at a consistent temp. I get raw milk from a local goat guy (cow in the winter), so I think it will be tasty. Plus, once I have the yogurt I can make cream cheese and whey. Then I can do some more lacto-fermentation. I have only fermented ginger before with this method.
How 'bout you?
Edited by RebeloveMa - 12/31/13 at 1:01pm