Recent Images In This Thread
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by WifeofAnt, 1/1/14
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone get BFP using IVF Donor sperm for home insemination? Last post on Yesterday at 3:29 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Just started TTC! Has anyone not notice any symptoms right away, but ended being pregnant?! Last post on 4/13/14 at 8:15am in Trying To Conceive
- 13 dpo and trying to stay positive with a negative Last post on 4/11/14 at 1:26pm in Trying To Conceive
- First Response question: take apart, underside of plastic strip Last post on 4/12/14 at 2:03pm in Trying To Conceive
- Nursing Mama's TTC - April 2014 Last post on Today at 8:23 am in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ January 2014 - Page 3post #41 of 4951/2/14 at 11:09amThat must be so frustrating scjp did they do an actual blood test? That is my biggest fear I on day 41 and day 39 was a negative. It's very difficult because I just feel like something is off with my body. I have to pee a lot and get nausea when I'm hungry. Last night I had a crazy nightmare again. I keep feeling cramping for AF but then it doesn't start. I hope you get your answer soon as I am rooting for you.post #42 of 4951/2/14 at 11:14ampost #43 of 4951/2/14 at 11:16ampost #44 of 4951/2/14 at 11:29amAFMalready second guessing my CD14 decision! Lol! Today is CD13 and my OPKs have gotten darker the past two days. This mornings was almost positive. I don't usually get a positive til CD15 or 16! Idk...might talk to DH about just DTD tonight and tomorrow night too - just for good measure!
I'm sooooo happy for so many BFPs in December/last 30 days. I just keep thinking "if everyone else is getting theirs, I HAVE to get mine soon!" But I also keep whining to myself "why am I not pregnant yet?" Ugh!post #45 of 4951/2/14 at 11:30am@Motivated, @kateanton, @rosie, @apeydef, @tigfa, @innacircle, @jenjy, @scjp, @saharaviolet... Thanks SO much, ladies!!!
I am so thrilled-- the first BFP of 2014! Here's hoping I'm soon to be followed by many more! I had a strong feeling that this was it, but after the last several months of disappointment, I didn't want to get my hopes up. Now just crossing my fingers that all goes well from here.post #46 of 4951/2/14 at 11:47amalive and scjp I really feel for you both. I had an awful mystery cycle once as I've mentioned before. It's totally confusing and frustrating. I am thinking of you and hope things turn around soon. If it's helpful, Once I came to terms with not being pg that cycle I focussed on bringing on AF. If it's not where you are, feel free to take or leave that part of my story. But bringing on AF did help me. So if you want to know more, I am here to talk.post #47 of 4951/2/14 at 11:51ampost #48 of 4951/2/14 at 11:52ampost #49 of 4951/2/14 at 12:18pmThread Starterpost #50 of 4951/2/14 at 12:40pmpost #51 of 4951/2/14 at 12:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by innacircle
mygreenestgrass - congrats to you! I guess that brutal and early AF last month was worth it after all. So exciting - yay!
scjp - 59 days. Time for a reboot. Good luck on your Dr. appt - it'll be nice to finally get some answers.
kateaton - I'm really glad you posted with an update on your tests... talk about a big sigh of relief!
AFM: This sure is a dull time for me. The 3rd and early 4th week were kindof a pain and a bit worrisome bc everything was new. But now, it's just like status quo all the time. Generally queasy (which gets stronger from time to time), BBs huge, random aches/cramps, and super tiredness. There just isn't much to do or report! I know, I know... this is a good thing. But coming off so much commentary on the last cycles TTC it's a bit of an adjustment.
I want to be busy and doing stuff, but I'm just so tired/fatigued. I really have to pace myself and all my energy goes to doing the normal housework kind of stuff. Nothing extra or preg/baby focused. Still trying to exercise too - we go on walks 3-4 times per week (usually 2-3 miles) if weather permits, otherwise it's treadmill time. That usually wipes me out though! My next step is starting a prenatal yoga class. I like yoga a lot.
I looked up a bunch of pregnancy and baby books on Amazon the other day - I requested several of them from my library (waiting for them to be ready for pickup). I like to "interview" books before I buy them, and have found this to be such an excellent way to do it.
It is scary how little I know about this whole process. Yes, I know the science end from medical/nursing studies, but the practical end is missing from my brain. Last time I cared for a baby was 7 years ago when I stayed with my neighbor's baby for an evening. Before that it had been like 15 years. Seriously... just no baby exposure at all. My knowledge base will be as good as that of the average man! EEK!
I got a (very) slightly darker one this morning, so I'm relaxed now.
Yes, boring is good right now. It will get exciting closer to half way through when you're sporting a cute bump and can feel baby move around- and if you decide to have an ultrasound/find out the gender.
I need to start exercising again. I was doing very well until the cold weather hit, and now with the snow, I'm cooped up in the house. I need to get on my treadmill, but it's in my dingy basement. We had to move it out of our bedroom when dd3 was born.post #52 of 4951/2/14 at 12:50pmThread Starterpost #53 of 4951/2/14 at 1:13pm@mygreenestgrass congrats! I'm happy for you!
AFM.. Today has been ups and downs like crazy. Tonight I get to tell my little sister the news and then tomorrow my oldest sister. They both knew we were trying. Younger sister is pro baby, older not so much. I never gave full background, so this will help you ladies understand better. On October 2nd, 2009 we had our first child. An 8lb baby boy named Connor James. He only lived till the 5th because his left lung collapsed and there's only so much doctors could do before calling TOD.. Connor was pretty much a miracle to begin with since I had low egg count and hcg levels. It's still hard talking about him 4 years later. My DH understands why I get upset more each year since we actually held him in our arms and he grew in my womb for 8 months. But since this is my 2nd early miscarriage, he doesn't get the emotional damage it causes. For my younger sister, she has endometriosis (not a blood sister btw) so she is going to take this early mc as badly as I am. My older sister thinks we shouldn't be trying after what happened to Connor and just going straight for adoption. She will tell us it was a sign or something.
There you have it, ladies. A better explanation. If you have questions feel free.post #54 of 4951/2/14 at 3:05pmQuote:
Ugh. Maybe you could start off the conversation with a clear boundary...like you are just informing and desire no commentary on the information?
I am so sorry about Connor, and all that you are going through right now.post #55 of 4951/2/14 at 4:24pmpost #56 of 4951/2/14 at 4:34pmpost #57 of 4951/2/14 at 7:08pm@Siuann and @jojobean thank you. Little sister understands and kind of smothered me in hugs. We are taking an affirmative stand with our older sister tomorrow because if you don't lay down the law with her, she takes over.
I know everyone's body's are different, but how long do you think it will take for my temp to go down and the nausea to stop?post #58 of 4951/2/14 at 7:47pm
kateaton, I'm very happy to hear the line is getting darker!
WifeofAnt - Oh my goodness, I'm about as excited to see that smiley face from you as I would be seeing a BFP! Wow!! Yay for O!
Hi, jchole! Welcome!
inna, you will be totally fine. You are a sponge and I know you'll soak up all those books. And the stuff you don't get in books you'll make up for with your instincts. :) One of the wonderful things about having to wait the long gestation is that gives us lots of time to prepare.
scjp, something is definitely going on. You've had way too many weird cycles. I am really looking forward to you getting some answers.
badwolf -- Please, if your sister says this loss is "a sign", just try whatever you can do to ignore that. I am so sorry. As for when your symptoms will let up, it is hard to say but hopefully will be soon.
AFM - my OPKs are really faint now after a potential positive 2 days ago (but it wasn't super dark then). If my temp doesn't go up tomorrow, it looks like this will be anovulatory.post #59 of 4951/2/14 at 7:49pmpost #60 of 4951/2/14 at 9:38pmGreenestgrass- congrats on that beautiful line, wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy
Wifeofant- great to see that smiley face.
Badwolf- hope all goes as well as it can with your older sister. Comments like that would encourage me to 'prove her wrong' because life needs to be full of hope and light. I'm sorry Connor didn't get to stay.
AFM - I got my pos OPK on the 1st, we BD'd lots in the days leading up, but not on the day. OH's Nanny (grandmother) passed away that day, so a BFP would be truly bittersweet... Can I be added to the test list for the 13th? I guess I'll be about 11DPO.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 19 seconds ago
- › fun thread - let's make a list 28 seconds ago
- › Help me get back to gentle discipline! 1 minute ago
- › Easter when your broke aka I need some easter candy recipes!... 3 minutes ago
- › weight gain and weeks pregnant 6 minutes ago
- › 18.5 week anatomy scan of our wee owlet! 7 minutes ago
- › Why are we so worried about vax vs non-vax? 9 minutes ago
- › It's a BOY!!! 18 minutes ago
- › Natural treatments for strabusmus/esotropia? 19 minutes ago
- › Book Rec's for Expecting Mamas 19 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding my Tribe After the Death of my Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo
- › Magic Under the Table by BrainChild