or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ January 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ January 2014 - Page 22

post #421 of 495
Alive- I use an online cheapie OPK calle OneStep and can see a clear pattern each month, a faint line, a darker line and then a real dark line followed by a faint again.

I'm excited because I got my real dark (positive) one this evening, and I'm keen to see when and if my temps start to rise smile.gif I'm sure I'll be disappointed if it hasn't in the morning! I'm finding it all quite an adventure, because charting is all so new and I'm a bit of a closet sciencey-geek wink1.gif
post #422 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post

So I think I am going to try using OPK's this month. It'd be nice to verify that my feeling on when I ovulate is correct. Does anyone have any recommendations on brands? At least I will get to fulfill my need to pee on something even if it isn't a pregnancy test lol.
Wondfo from Amazon
post #423 of 495

Hi Ladies! I haven't been here in a while, but I see my name is still on the 2WW list! Go ahead an move me over to the January BFP list!!! :) It's been five months coming, but I first got a FPL this past Tuesday 1/21 at 11dpo! (And with a $ store cheapie to boot!) My EDD is 10/3/14 based on my ovulation date. 

 

Here are pictures of my first tests:

 

 

I have taken lots more tests since then just to be sure, and I used up my last test yesterday. (The one on top is the first test I took, aunt flow was due yesterday)

 

 

So this cycle I did the following in my efforts to conceive:

 

-Used OPKs

-Used Preseed

-Took Daily multivitamins and Fish Oil

-Started exercising every day around New years

-Visited the steam room at the gym up until my expected ovulation date. (I heard its good to git rid of toxins in your system) 

-Used a diva cup after DTD

 

I'm just waiting on them to open up the the October 2014 due date forum. Good luck and baby dust to everyone here!!! 

post #424 of 495
@Diamhim congrats!
post #425 of 495
Congratulations
post #426 of 495

What do you think?  GAH!  I have EWCM still!!!  FF predicted I ovulated on CD 18 but this EWCM is driving me nuts!  Its making me feel like I am going to miss something and that we need to DTD.  My temps are wacky and all over the place due to sleeping with a toddler so I just don't know what to think?  Think for me people! :dizzy

 

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/48e9b9">My Ovulation Chart</a>

post #427 of 495
Congrats @Diamhim
post #428 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post

What do you think?  GAH!  I have EWCM still!!!  FF predicted I ovulated on CD 18 but this EWCM is driving me nuts!  Its making me feel like I am going to miss something and that we need to DTD.  My temps are wacky and all over the place due to sleeping with a toddler so I just don't know what to think?  Think for me people! dizzy.gif

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/48e9b9">My Ovulation Chart
I'm no expert, but I agree with FF. Bc of: +OPKs on CD 17/18, O pain on CD18, skin breakout on 16-18, and bloat on 18/19. I always get a pimple around O, and I bloat immediately afterwards (at least I think I'm bloating after O). Are you having lots/more EWCM now than then? I sometimes still have it throughout my LP, but it's def less than during my fertile window. My app tells me if I'm having it throughout LP, that could be a sign of pregnancy. And when I had chem in Oct, I did have it throughout LP and more so than normal (but still less than during O).

Congrats diamhim! So happy for you! I hope I can join you in Oct DDC! Let's see, I ordered concert tickets yesterday for a show in early October....I'll for sure be pregnant and miserable at the concert!!
post #429 of 495

I thought you were supposed to O after your LH surge?

FF is telling me i O'd day of the surge and i am feeling fairly hopeless about this IUI working out. 

post #430 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifga View Post

I thought you were supposed to O after your LH surge?
FF is telling me i O'd day of the surge and i am feeling fairly hopeless about this IUI working out. 
FF is probably saying that cause of your temp spike on Sunday. Maybe your temp was just off that day. You said your dr said your surge was starting on sat and you did IUI on sun right? I bet that temp was just wrong. Your dr knows better than FF. It's ok...
post #431 of 495
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifga View Post
 

I thought you were supposed to O after your LH surge?

FF is telling me i O'd day of the surge and i am feeling fairly hopeless about this IUI working out. 

You can ovulate the same day as your surge. I did the month I got pregnant with DS.

post #432 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post
I started using the CBE fertility monitor this cycle and today I got my first "high fertility" reading. It's so silly but I got excited! It's just nice to see a "computer" validating what I suspect is going on in my body. I'm on CD9 (8 according to the monitor), and once this thing gets to know me, it should have 2-5ish days of highs and 2 peak days. I think I O around 15 or 16, so this lines up with my thinking anyway. I'm anxious to see what the rest of the week holds. It's nice just having something to pee on every day And I don't have to interpret the results! Lol!


Hey rosie - exciting stuff!  Did you get a high reading again today?  Also, are you still temping?  I liked temping at the same time - that way I could confirm O by seeing the temp shift. 

Looks like you could possibly O earlier than previously expected... I had that happen in my conception cycle.  Hoping to see the CBFM turn out a BFP straight away!

Does DH know about it?

 

alive - I think OPKs would be an excellent idea.  The ones off the internet have great sensitivity and are basically just like the dipsticks used in medical offices.  Some ppl think bc they don't have a case they aren't as good... but the ones with cases are holding the exact same type of dipstick inside!  Jenjy is your expert on the pee-stick, so if she likes Wondfo I'd def give those a try. 

 

tifga - the lumpy space baby is great!  We name all sorts of things like that too.  Fingers crossed that lumpy sticks around!

post #433 of 495
Well I took my first temp this morning. Day 4 and it was 97.02. I'm questioning opks since they aren't as accurate as temping and maybe I am baby stepping lol.
post #434 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post
 

 I'm dealing with lots of nausea and tiredness but it seems to be easing a bit (like 10% less).  Genetic testing in 2 weeks, or sooner if I reschedule it.  Technically I could get it as soon as tomorrow (10 weeks) but I've read of having issues with enough sample in the mother's blood that early.  Still debating that one... for some weird reason I'm just not in a hurry.  So odd. 

inna, I'm glad your nausea is letting up a bit.  Did you decide to resched the genetic testing to earlier or are you sticking with 12 weeks?  Are you going with Harmony or MaterniT21 or something else?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifga View Post
 

I thought you were supposed to O after your LH surge?

FF is telling me i O'd day of the surge and i am feeling fairly hopeless about this IUI working out. 

tifga, I think your other post said you did the IUI Sunday and your temp spiked Monday, right?  I think it's pretty typical for the temp rise to happen the day after O, so it sounds like you did the insem on your O day.   I am guessing that what your clinic was shooting for?  I hope you hit it exactly when the goal was.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamhim View Post

I'm just waiting on them to open up the the October 2014 due date forum. Good luck and baby dust to everyone here!!! 

Diamhim, look at that wonderful test progression!  Congratulations!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post
 

What do you think?  GAH!  I have EWCM still!!!  FF predicted I ovulated on CD 18 but this EWCM is driving me nuts!  Its making me feel like I am going to miss something and that we need to DTD.  

I also think you probably did O, but I would say go ahead and keep it up just in case!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post

Well I took my first temp this morning. Day 4 and it was 97.02. I'm questioning opks since they aren't as accurate as temping and maybe I am baby stepping lol.

Temping is definitely my favorite way to monitor.  I highly recommend both temping and OPKs when you are ready to add it to your repertoire!

 

AFM 4DPO and my temp is staying good and high.  None of these silly fall back rises or whatnot.  Good job, hormones!  

post #435 of 495

That is the goal to do the IUI the day after Lh (sunday this month) surge when i should be ovulating. but this month FF is saying i O'd on the day of surge (which was the saturday). 

This whole process has caused me to wonder how babies ever get made in the first place. 

post #436 of 495
inna: I did get another high reading today. I am still temping too, but it's kind of hit or miss. DS (3yrs old) gets up every single night! He's NEVER slept all night. Add to that I get insomnia at least 2X per week, and then the freight train that is my husband wakes me most nights. So I never know how accurate my temps really are. It's to the point now that I take my temp twice a night sometimes...like at 3am just in case I find myself awake for 2 hours, therefore knowing my 6am reading won't be good. But if I then fall back asleep quickly, I retake it at 6am and use that one. I still think I O on 15 or 16....but if CBFM says differently, and it churns out a BFP for me, I will be first to admit how wrong I was!! I will predict my first peak reading for Friday....lol!
post #437 of 495

greenegirl tentatively peaks through the open door and sneaks into the room.  sulkoff.gif

 

I haven't been on MDC at all in 4 years.  We first started TTC (or at least not preventing, anyway) nearly 8 years ago.  I not only don't have any children, I've never even had a BFP.  I haven't charted in 6 years because life threw us a number of curve balls (I was in school for 4 years, one of those years at a college a 2 hour drive from our home.  When I finished school, I was working 80-100 hour weeks for about a year.  When I quit that job, we started having family members die (uh, that sounds like the dying was related to the job.  It wasn't.  Most of them were elderly, and it was just their time.)  14 people in 18 months.  For the last 2 years, I've been traveling at least 1 week / month to another state to help family members cope with these crises).  Even though we weren't preventing, we also weren't trying, and all the curve balls meant that DH and I were rarely in the same place at the right time, even if we wanted to try.  When we were in the same place, there wasn't a lot of sex happening because of coping with emotional fall out from the curve balls.  A long time ago, I gave up the hope that I would ever have a child.  I turn 40 in a few weeks and eventually I will run out of time.  I've really been struggling with the thought of never having a child, and it's been getting more and more difficult as my birthday approaches.

 

But it seems as though the time of crazy and uncertainty has come to an end.  And there's been lots of sex this month.  More than in the last 2 years combined.  So, tentatively, I am starting to feel a little hopeful.  In mid-month, I signed into FF for the first time in 7 years.  I started charting again.  I was gone for 4 days this month for a memorial service -- and according to my past records in FF, I most likely O'd during those days.  Typical.  I'm 99% certain AF will show up tomorrow (a little spotting and a 0.2 temp drop this morning).

 

But the traveling will be curtailed this year.  I got OPK and pregnancy tests in the mail today.  I'm feeling hopeful for the first time in a long, long time.  And I'm waiting to O.  :)

post #438 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegirl View Post

greenegirl tentatively peaks through the open door and sneaks into the room.  sulkoff.gif

I haven't been on MDC at all in 4 years.  We first started TTC (or at least not preventing, anyway) nearly 8 years ago.  I not only don't have any children, I've never even had a BFP.  I haven't charted in 6 years because life threw us a number of curve balls (I was in school for 4 years, one of those years at a college a 2 hour drive from our home.  When I finished school, I was working 80-100 hour weeks for about a year.  When I quit that job, we started having family members die (uh, that sounds like the dying was related to the job.  It wasn't.  Most of them were elderly, and it was just their time.)  14 people in 18 months.  For the last 2 years, I've been traveling at least 1 week / month to another state to help family members cope with these crises).  Even though we weren't preventing, we also weren't trying, and all the curve balls meant that DH and I were rarely in the same place at the right time, even if we wanted to try.  When we were in the same place, there wasn't a lot of sex happening because of coping with emotional fall out from the curve balls.  A long time ago, I gave up the hope that I would ever have a child.  I turn 40 in a few weeks and eventually I will run out of time.  I've really been struggling with the thought of never having a child, and it's been getting more and more difficult as my birthday approaches.

But it seems as though the time of crazy and uncertainty has come to an end.  And there's been lots of sex this month.  More than in the last 2 years combined.  So, tentatively, I am starting to feel a little hopeful.  In mid-month, I signed into FF for the first time in 7 years.  I started charting again.  I was gone for 4 days this month for a memorial service -- and according to my past records in FF, I most likely O'd during those days.  Typical.  I'm 99% certain AF will show up tomorrow (a little spotting and a 0.2 temp drop this morning).

But the traveling will be curtailed this year.  I got OPK and pregnancy tests in the mail today.  I'm feeling hopeful for the first time in a long, long time.  And I'm waiting to O.  smile.gif
Thanks for sharing your story and welcome!
post #439 of 495
innacircle: oh yah....DH does know about the monitor and asked the results on day 1. But he isn't in the room when I use it and I haven't mentioned that we're on day 2 of highs. I might try to seduce him this eve. wink1.gif
post #440 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post
Well I took my first temp this morning. Day 4 and it was 97.02. I'm questioning opks since they aren't as accurate as temping and maybe I am baby stepping lol.

alive - Just to be sure you know, when you temp you can only tell when you ovulated after O has already occurred.  This is great for future reference, but offers no indication in advance aside from giving you a target for future cycles (based on your historical average/pattern).    The OPKs will give you advance notice when O is about to happen based on the surging hormones that trigger O. 

I'm a huge fan of both.  I liked seeing the progression of the OPKs as I approached ovulation, and then confirming with the temp shift.

You are still quite new to this so there are lots of avenues to take.  I just didn't want you expecting one thing and getting another!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
inna, I'm glad your nausea is letting up a bit.  Did you decide to resched the genetic testing to earlier or are you sticking with 12 weeks?  Are you going with Harmony or MaterniT21 or something else?

AFM 4DPO and my temp is staying good and high.  None of these silly fall back rises or whatnot.  Good job, hormones!  

jenjy - sounds good with the hormones.  Progesterone is obviously on board and functioning!

I too am happy to get some relief from the nausea, but now I've progressed on to hideous, hideous indigestion.  What a gross feeling.  Ugh.

Re the testing... you know, I just got lazy and decided not to call and move it.  I have no fire under my butt like I always thought I would.  I literally have zero worry with regard to the health and A-OKness of this pg, which I know sounds cocky and ridiculous.  It's the whole pg... this fetus is like having a xanax implant!  My normal high-strung, critical-thinking self has been replaced with nothing but "chill."   It's so strange!

DH has been home with me 24/7 for several weeks - January is always a bit of a lull in his work schedule that we use to catch up on home stuff after the holidays.  With him around I haven't done a lot of my normal routine (aka actually getting things done).  He just left for DC thru Friday night tho, so I may get some ambition in the next couple of days and see about rescheduling.  I could do the test any time now... they use the MaterniT21. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post
inna: I did get another high reading today. I am still temping too, but it's kind of hit or miss. DS (3yrs old) gets up every single night! He's NEVER slept all night. Add to that I get insomnia at least 2X per week, and then the freight train that is my husband wakes me most nights. So I never know how accurate my temps really are. It's to the point now that I take my temp twice a night sometimes...like at 3am just in case I find myself awake for 2 hours, therefore knowing my 6am reading won't be good. But if I then fall back asleep quickly, I retake it at 6am and use that one. I still think I O on 15 or 16....but if CBFM says differently, and it churns out a BFP for me, I will be first to admit how wrong I was!! I will predict my first peak reading for Friday....lol!

rosie - Yay for highs!  time for that seduction!

I totally understand about crappy and unpredictable sleep.  Historically I'm an insomniac and I hate it.  I'm also a super night-owl.  I guess I got lucky with my temps taken with my ear thermometer.  My temp shifts are drastic - like a whole degree after O - so it's really easy and clear to read.  The only time I had trouble was traveling. 

Have you ever tried supplementing with magnesium for better sleep?  I have anxiety that stems from an attempted break-in at night at an apartment when I was younger.  It's not constant, but occasionally when I'm alone (DH traveling) I get all wigged out and can't sleep due to that anxiety.  My senses get so heightened I can literally hear my cats walking by!!  I've had a xanax Rx for years and that stuff is great.  However, it's not great for babies (it's untested really, but I'd rater avoid if possible).  So I started magnesium about 6 months ago and I haven't had to take any xanax since.  The Mg doesn't knock me out or anything, but it keeps my mind from racing and helps me fall asleep.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegirl View Post
I haven't been on MDC at all in 4 years.  We first started TTC (or at least not preventing, anyway) nearly 8 years ago.  I not only don't have any children, I've never even had a BFP.  I haven't charted in 6 years because life threw us a number of curve balls (I was in school for 4 years, one of those years at a college a 2 hour drive from our home.  When I finished school, I was working 80-100 hour weeks for about a year.  When I quit that job, we started having family members die (uh, that sounds like the dying was related to the job.  It wasn't.  Most of them were elderly, and it was just their time.)  14 people in 18 months.  For the last 2 years, I've been traveling at least 1 week / month to another state to help family members cope with these crises).  Even though we weren't preventing, we also weren't trying, and all the curve balls meant that DH and I were rarely in the same place at the right time, even if we wanted to try.  When we were in the same place, there wasn't a lot of sex happening because of coping with emotional fall out from the curve balls.  A long time ago, I gave up the hope that I would ever have a child.  I turn 40 in a few weeks and eventually I will run out of time.  I've really been struggling with the thought of never having a child, and it's been getting more and more difficult as my birthday approaches.

But it seems as though the time of crazy and uncertainty has come to an end.  And there's been lots of sex this month.  More than in the last 2 years combined.  So, tentatively, I am starting to feel a little hopeful.  In mid-month, I signed into FF for the first time in 7 years.  I started charting again.  I was gone for 4 days this month for a memorial service -- and according to my past records in FF, I most likely O'd during those days.  Typical.  I'm 99% certain AF will show up tomorrow (a little spotting and a 0.2 temp drop this morning).

But the traveling will be curtailed this year.  I got OPK and pregnancy tests in the mail today.  I'm feeling hopeful for the first time in a long, long time.  And I'm waiting to O.  :)

greenegirl - Welcome!  I'm 40, no kids, and got pg just a few months ago after 6 cycles of persistently timing, temping, monitoring, etc., but I still linger here to keep up with my TTC buddies.  That is a monumental list of school, work and loss.  I am also the traveling caretaker in my family so I know how that goes.  It takes so much out of you. 

Having an arsenal of OPKs and HPTs on hand is so nice when TTC.  Good thinking! 

Best of luck for a long-time-coming BFP. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ January 2014