or Connect
Mothering › Groups › September 2014 Due Date Club › Discussions › Morning Sickness Thread

Morning Sickness Thread - Page 3

post #41 of 240
Thread Starter 
Crickets: My m/w gave me a morning sickness book that mentioned Dramamine as something worth trying.

I wanted to cry over supper tonight. The sink isn't working well, the water pressure is terrible and cutting into an onion liked to kill me. DH is trying to help but he is comically horrid in the kitchen.
post #42 of 240
Thread Starter 
LOL. If I'm lying I'm dying, DH is in the kitchen chopping an onion with ski goggles on. He said, "What? It burns!"
post #43 of 240

ambivlentdreams HILARIOUS! love the visual! thanks re the dramamine too! i have to ride a ferry (read: rolling waves) to a baby shower this weekend in long island, i'm worried i'll blow lunch!

post #44 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketschirpin View Post
 

ambivlentdreams HILARIOUS! love the visual! thanks re the dramamine too! i have to ride a ferry (read: rolling waves) to a baby shower this weekend in long island, i'm worried i'll blow lunch!

Dramamine and Unisom actually work really similarly for motion sickness, but I'm not sure about morning sickness...probably worth a try! 

post #45 of 240
That diet sounds insane for a pregnant woman. Have you tried peppermint?

I have had intense morning sickness with this baby and the only things that sound good to me are turkey sandwiches even though lunch meat is supposed to be a no no, I realllllyyyy want one.
post #46 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwinsmama View Post

That diet sounds insane for a pregnant woman. Have you tried peppermint?

I have had intense morning sickness with this baby and the only things that sound good to me are turkey sandwiches even though lunch meat is supposed to be a no no, I realllllyyyy want one.
I've been eating turkey, mashed potato, stuffing, and turkey gravy for multiple meals this past week. It's just what I want. Lunch meat doesn't sound good to me though.
post #47 of 240
My husband came down with a mild cold a few days ago. Ever since then I can't stand the way he smells, particularly his breath which I can smell from anywhere in the room. He smells like rotting garbage to me and it makes me sick. I feel so bad! I am almost sure it's me... I wonder if he has a bad tooth and that is what I am smelling. I need it to stop because I am sending him away and making him feel bad.
post #48 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkristy View Post

Anyone feeling nauseated constantly, unless they are nibbling?
 I only feel okay when something is in my mouth... so weird. If I suck on hard candy that seems to help... as soon as I am done eating, 5 minutes later, I'm sick again.

I was just thinking this today...if I'm eating something, I'm OK, but if not, nothing looks good and I feel nauseated. Tonight I've been snacking on raspberries.
post #49 of 240

Thanks Frangolina re the dramamine!

My ms has mysteriously dissipated today. Which either means it wasn't ms and I had a stomach bug?

Or it went away and might come back?

Or ... ? Strange it was pretty intense for a few days. 

I have been eating protein with every meal since last night and that seems to be helping, could it be that simple? 

I hope its not a bad sign as I've also got some lower back cramping today. Assuming I'm either dehydrated or just stretching pulling aching in early preg.

post #50 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketschirpin View Post
 

Thanks Frangolina re the dramamine!

My ms has mysteriously dissipated today. Which either means it wasn't ms and I had a stomach bug?

Or it went away and might come back?

Or ... ? Strange it was pretty intense for a few days. 

I have been eating protein with every meal since last night and that seems to be helping, could it be that simple? 

I hope its not a bad sign as I've also got some lower back cramping today. Assuming I'm either dehydrated or just stretching pulling aching in early preg.

Don't worry, you'll be miserable again soon enough! :) My m/s comes and goes, today was a good day for me and I took advantage of it and went to a restaurant (BOLD!). Just enjoy the off days, if I had to guess I would say that your hormones are constantly rising while your body is trying to cope and sometimes it just *works*. And maybe your protein thing is helping- keep it up! My back has been killing me as well for a few weeks. Ugghhh pregnancy is not as fun as I had imagined it. :rotflmao

post #51 of 240

Haha thanks Fragolina! I just realized my fingers keep wanting to put an 'n' in your screen name where it doesn't belong, sorry about that! :2whistle

Oh yeah the lower back pain has been rare so far but I've had it two other times short lived. All these fun symptoms yes...but they do remind and reassure don't they?

Best!

post #52 of 240
Thread Starter 
Turkey sandwiches! I would have killed for a cold turkey sandwich with DS. I craved them for months and months and never caved. I had some heated, but it was just not the same.
post #53 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalent Dreams View Post

Turkey sandwiches! I would have killed for a cold turkey sandwich with DS. I craved them for months and months and never caved. I had some heated, but it was just not the same.
OMG this all the way!! I wanted jimmy johns soo bad but I settled for a home made heated turkey wrap that was good but just not the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivated Mama View Post

I've been eating turkey, mashed potato, stuffing, and turkey gravy for multiple meals this past week. It's just what I want. Lunch meat doesn't sound good to me though.
Lunch meat is all I want in this world right now!



P.s. I took some zofran today for the first time in this pregnancy and I feel like a failure greensad.gif but I was unable to function at all these last couple of days
post #54 of 240
Ooof turkey has been making me gag, lol! Come to think of it most meats which norally I LOVE I've been having aversions to. My ms is still on vacation...yesterday was a great day and I don't know whether to wish for it or not!
post #55 of 240
So much for not throwing up here greensad.gif

Just going to out it out there... I don't refrain from lunch meat nor do I hear it up (gross) and I don't worry at all as long as it hasn't been sitting in my fridge for too long.
post #56 of 240

Stopped taking the second 1/2 unisom at lunch because I was feel really edgy, agitated and so sluggish it was unbelievable. Yesterday, I felt nauseated but not as bad as before and today is the same...It's tolerable right now with just the unisom at night so I'm hoping it stays that way .... Just so looking forward to thsi being over.

 

 

I forget when it all ended the last two pregnancies. I want to say I was feeling better by 10 weeks but maybe I'm just being optimistic.

post #57 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwinsmama View Post


P.s. I took some zofran today for the first time in this pregnancy and I feel like a failure greensad.gif but I was unable to function at all these last couple of days

DON'T!!!! There is absolutely NO REASON for you to feel that way- there are no negative effects to either you or the baby on zofran, and if it helps you have a few hours of sanity and non-nausea time, then do it! People tell pregnant women that are having horrible morning sickness to just suck it up, but would you say the same thing to a cancer patient that's having the same amount of nausea? It's all about perception really, and knowing that the nausea is affecting your life and that you did something about it is commendable :)

post #58 of 240
@fragolina thank you!! That made me feel a lot better because it does feel like women are just supposed to suck morning sickness up and carry on with their lives.
post #59 of 240

You'd think this being #4, I could tell if this is pg sickness or just something else, but I can't! Always before, it came in waves. I could tell for sure when I was fine, and when it hit. Now, there seem to be no real distinctions, yet I haven't felt like throwing up. I just find that coffee is the only thing that isn't repellant first thing in the morning, and is all I can stomach for an hour or two, and then I have  a tiny cup of yogurt. And I basically don't feel like eating most of the day, and when I cook, it smells rank.

Tonight's chicken smells yucky, and I have no appetite.

I could have been quite fine spending the entire day in bed or lying down on the sofa, and the house is still a wreck. The kids have had a looooot of tv lately. I suppose they'll survive Curious George marathons.

 

But I can't be sure this is "morning" sickness, because darnit, my kids have been sick, too! In fact, if it weren't for the boys feeling unwell and having on/off low fevers, I'd swear my daughter had Couvades, because she wakes up feeling just like me!

 

So I still can't tell if I'm having pg symptoms or if it's just that all of us are sick. Groan.

post #60 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

So much for not throwing up here greensad.gif

Just going to out it out there... I don't refrain from lunch meat nor do I hear it up (gross) and I don't worry at all as long as it hasn't been sitting in my fridge for too long.


Sorry you're throwing up, but not sorry you must have good high hormone levels, you know?

But to be gross and commiserative, I learned from prior pregnancies, that there comes a time, when we pay close attention to how thoroughly we chew, before swallowing, if you take my meaning. If we even had lunchmeat or any other processed meat in the fridge, I might be tempted, but since we don't it's easy to avoid, because I'm too lazy to go out and buy any! hehe

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: September 2014 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › September 2014 Due Date Club › Discussions › Morning Sickness Thread