or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Vaccinations Debate › Another industry whistleblower--this time, it's for Wyeth's Prevnar vaccine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Another industry whistleblower--this time, it's for Wyeth's Prevnar vaccine - Page 3

post #41 of 62
Quote:
 I only meant that the risk with not vaccinating is if a vaccine preventable disease enters the community you are vulnerable to it, and the community is also more vulnerable to it.

If this community is up-to-date on all of its vaccines according to the recommended schedules and these vaccines work the way the drug companies and government claim they do, how is a fully vaccinated community vulnerable to this "vaccine preventable" disease entering the community?

 

I know I am vulnerable, but what of this fully vaccinated community?

 

If the community is vulnerable to a "vaccine preventable" disease that enters the community, why bother with vaccination if this puts them on the same immunity level as a non-vaccinated person?

post #42 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
 

If this community is up-to-date on all of its vaccines according to the recommended schedules and these vaccines work the way the drug companies and government claim they do, how is a fully vaccinated community vulnerable to this "vaccine preventable" disease entering the community?

 

I know I am vulnerable, but what of this fully vaccinated community?

 

If the community is vulnerable to a "vaccine preventable" disease that enters the community, why bother with vaccination if this puts them on the same immunity level as a non-vaccinated person?

exactly! 

post #43 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post
 

 

Yes, I do know WHY, but I would be curious to hear what YOU think why microbes want to 'live' (viruses are not alive) in our body. If my children can live without vaccines, why not others, if they do as we do as a family?

 

An slightly off topic quesiton for you pertaining to evolution. Can you tell me what causes autism and why it has become an epidemic within a generation? How does a species 'evolve' within 30 years? 

 

Are you suggesting that autistic people are a new species???

post #44 of 62
How many times will people have to bring up babies too young for vaccination, or people unable to be vaccinated due to health reasons? We can even add in the children of vaccine refuses (even if you don't want me to - I still hope they never get exposed to vpds).

All of these people are potentially harmed by others decisions to not vaccinate.
post #45 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexeldexel View Post
 
 

Are you suggesting that autistic people are a new species???

No I am not. But many in the neurodiversity movement believe autism is an evolution of a kind.

post #46 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post
 

No I am not. But many in the neurodiversity movement believe autism is an evolution of a kind.

I'm surprised there is a movement that thinks autistic people are *better adapted* to modern life, although the sliding scale of autism allows many interesting and wonderful people to exist and contribute uniquely to the world.

post #47 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexeldexel View Post
 

I'm surprised there is a movement that thinks autistic people are *better adapted* to modern life, although the sliding scale of autism allows many interesting and wonderful people to exist and contribute uniquely to the world.

 

I think this might be related to the idea/perception that all scientists are on the autism spectrum (although I suppose on a spectrum from zero to the most autistic person in the world we're all on it…), and that autistic people are often very good at maths, or music…. I have no personal opinion or evidence to share on this, but it is something I've heard discussed. 

post #48 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

How many times will people have to bring up babies too young for vaccination, or people unable to be vaccinated due to health reasons? We can even add in the children of vaccine refuses (even if you don't want me to - I still hope they never get exposed to vpds).

All of these people are potentially harmed by others decisions to not vaccinate.

AND just how many here are doing this?       .3% ? 

 

Want to compare that to the failure rate of vaccines and lead others to think this is some massive amount of people not vaccinating? 

post #49 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post
 

 

I think this might be related to the idea/perception that all scientists are on the autism spectrum (although I suppose on a spectrum from zero to the most autistic person in the world we're all on it…), and that autistic people are often very good at maths, or music…. I have no personal opinion or evidence to share on this, but it is something I've heard discussed. 

Yes, I don't know much about autism but I have often heard the same things said. My local GP is an active researcher in genomics and had apparently been looking at the genetic linkage between schizophrenia and creativity. I would love to know more about these links. 

post #50 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post
 

 

I think this might be related to the idea/perception that all scientists are on the autism spectrum (although I suppose on a spectrum from zero to the most autistic person in the world we're all on it…), and that autistic people are often very good at maths, or music…. I have no personal opinion or evidence to share on this, but it is something I've heard discussed. 

it's that super rare percentage that is good at math, music, etc? that super tiny group

 

here in the US our schools are now filled with autistic children that need one on one care and can't even hope to do math or music, etc., they need hands on daily help with everything - it's much larger percentage 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexeldexel View Post
 

I'm surprised there is a movement that thinks autistic people are *better adapted* to modern life, although the sliding scale of autism allows many interesting and wonderful people to exist and contribute uniquely to the world.

you almost make it sound like parents should hope to have autistic children

post #51 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post
 

it's that super rare percentage that is good at math, music, etc? that super tiny group

 

here in the US our schools are now filled with autistic children that need one on one care and can't even hope to do math or music, etc., the need hands on daily help with everything - it's much larger percentage 

 

you almost make it sound like parents should hope to have autistic children

There are many autistic children in the world who are loved although I'm sure that the challenges you describe must be tough. Nobody actually knows how many people are subclinically autistic.

 

You talk about autistic children as if they were disgusting to you in some way which is an attitude I cannot understand. . 

post #52 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexeldexel View Post
 
 

There are many autistic children in the world who are loved although I'm sure that the challenges you describe must be tough. Nobody actually knows how many people are subclinically autistic.

 

You talk about autistic children as if they were disgusting to you in some way which is an attitude I cannot understand. . 

What is sub-clinical autism? 

post #53 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexeldexel View Post
 

There are many autistic children in the world who are loved although I'm sure that the challenges you describe must be tough. Nobody actually knows how many people are subclinically autistic.

 

You talk about autistic children as if they were disgusting to you in some way which is an attitude I cannot understand. . you are so far off base here - you apparently did not understand what I wrote - that is offensive to accuse me of!

you really do not get at all what I posted! you are inaccurate and extremely misguided! 

post #54 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexeldexel View Post
 

There are many autistic children in the world who are loved although I'm sure that the challenges you describe must be tough. Nobody actually knows how many people are subclinically autistic.

 

You talk about autistic children as if they were disgusting to you in some way which is an attitude I cannot understand. . 

you lack of understanding regarding autism is abundantly clear-IMO

post #55 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

you really do not get at all what I posted! you are inaccurate and extremely misguided! 

Would it be possible for you to reword or explain what you actually meant?
post #56 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

AND just how many here are doing this?       .3% ? 

Want to compare that to the failure rate of vaccines and lead others to think this is some massive amount of people not vaccinating? 

The fraction totally unvaccinated is irrelevant here. Not all vaccines are the same, and not all vpds are the same either. We need the fraction un- or under-vaccinated for each vpd separately, and we need to compare that to how easy the vpd is transmitted.

But we've discussed all that before.
post #57 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexeldexel View Post


Would it be possible for you to reword or explain what you actually meant?

how much do you even know about autism?

 

apparently you are not that effected by those who are not in the tiny percentage that are high functioning 

 

you lack of understanding from what you have written is offensive 

 

do you have any understand how many children with autism have not only sever mental challenges but tons and tons of physical ailments?

 

you seem to think this scale is somehow so large and you make it seem exactly as like I put it!

 

many have duel issues that cause life threading health problems, you come off as crass 

 

 

here for starters, maybe you can grasp how rude your comments come across, please do some reading (there is a lot more)  - http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/data.html  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexeldexel View Post
 

I'm surprised there is a movement that thinks autistic people are *better adapted* to modern life, although the sliding scale of autism allows many interesting and wonderful people to exist and contribute uniquely to the world.

you almost make it sound like parents should hope to have autistic children -------- as if it's no big deal - know any personally that have a child who is severe? Have you seen any with regression? Ever know a teacher that deals with a class room of sever autistic children?

post #58 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post


The fraction totally unvaccinated is irrelevant here. Not all vaccines are the same, and not all vpds are the same either. We need the fraction un- or under-vaccinated for each vpd separately, and we need to compare that to how easy the vpd is transmitted.

But we've discussed all that before.

yes we have and it's SUPER tiny yet you make a mountain out of a mole hill to fit an agenda :rotflmao 

 

yea, what's that number???? :lol 

 

IRL I am off to :lurk and YES, it's GMO free

post #59 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post
 

how much do you even know about autism?

 

apparently you are not that effected by those who are not in the tiny percentage that are high functioning 

 

 

 

 

From your own link "

  • The majority (62%) of children the ADDM Network identified as having ASDs did not have intellectual disability (intelligence quotient <=70). [Read article]" 

 

So according to that link, the majority are high functioning. 


Edited by teacozy - 2/5/14 at 10:40am
post #60 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post

From your own link "
  • The majority (62%) of children the ADDM Network identified as having ASDs did not have intellectual disability (intelligence quotient <=70). [Read article
    ]" 



 



So according to that link, the majority are high functioning. 



teacozy, you are under some very strange misunderstanding about autism.

Those of us who have lived with or who work with autistic children know that the term "high functioning" has nothing whatsoever to do with intelligence level. Profoundly autistic children can be extremely intelligent by any standard--and still not be potty-trained, have speech, or be able to function like a neurotypical child. These children usually have severe neurological and other physical issues: severe intestinal disorders (usually partially responsible for the difficulty toilet-training), vestibular disorders, and autoimmune issues. THEY CANT FUNCTION AT A HIGH LEVEL, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with their intelligence.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Vaccinations Debate
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Vaccinations Debate › Another industry whistleblower--this time, it's for Wyeth's Prevnar vaccine