or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Important Movies for Older Kids?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Important Movies for Older Kids? - Page 2

post #21 of 32

Would a twelve year old boy be old enough to watch these? He hasn't watched any PG-13 or R rated movies yet.

post #22 of 32
Bborgia; To Kill a Mockingbird I watched in 7th grade social studies.
I would say that American History X is not appropriate for most 12 year olds. Its pretty violent.
post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanSolitude View Post

Bborgia; To Kill a Mockingbird I watched in 7th grade social studies.
I would say that American History X is not appropriate for most 12 year olds. Its pretty violent.


Thanks for your insight. I appreciate it.

post #24 of 32

:lurk

post #25 of 32

Tuskegee Airmen

Rainman

The Majestic

Akeelah and the Bee

Cinderella Man

White Man's Burden

Good Will Hunting

Iron Jawed Angels

post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBorgia View Post
 

Would a twelve year old boy be old enough to watch these? He hasn't watched any PG-13 or R rated movies yet.

 

You could always check the "parents' guide" section of IMDB for any movie you'd like to review.

post #27 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&A View Post
 

 

You could always check the "parents' guide" section of IMDB for any movie you'd like to review.


Sounds great, but what is IMDB?

post #28 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBorgia View Post
 


Sounds great, but what is IMDB?

 

http://www.imdb.com/

 

 

And I thought of a few more:

The Pursuit of Happyness

March of the Penguins

E.T.

Finding Forrester


Edited by A&A - 2/9/14 at 10:18am
post #29 of 32

Thank you!

post #30 of 32

In high school, we watched Basketball Diaries. Still one of my favorite movies.

 

Gandhi.

Amistad.

Dead Poets Society.

I Am Sam. (makes me cry every time)

To Kill A Mockingbird.

post #31 of 32
Mr Hollands Opus is a good one too.
post #32 of 32
Songcatcher is a great movie. Has some violence and a realistic birth scene but I think it shows an authentic time and a marvelous history of song which is what the main character was after when she went to this part of Appalachia.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LAaHZsEG1s
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Books, Music, and Media
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Important Movies for Older Kids?