or Connect
Mothering › Groups › October 2014 Due Date Club › Discussions › Are you having symptoms yet?

Are you having symptoms yet? - Page 4

post #61 of 202

lilbsmama - I didn't have implantation bleeding, but i did have some brown spotting earlier this week that freaked me right out. i didn't realize that was a thing that happened to some people. i'm in the middle of some rounds of bloodwork to make sure all is well in there. i had a tiny bit of implantation bleeding with my first. have you had implantation bleeding with past pregnancies?

post #62 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by wm12050 View Post
 

This is my first pregnancy and the only thing that reminds me I'm pregnant is the crazy mood changes. I'm either really sad or ecstatic. My husband had to turn off Avatar: The Last Airbender because I couldn't stop crying and saying how unfair it was that a child had so much responsibility. lol I was a mess. I know I'm in for a treat because I have no nausea yet and am convinced i wont get it. When did nausea/vomiting start for most of you? Also I unfortunatley gained a bit of weight before I got pregnant, how much weight did you guys gain your first trimester?


This tickles me that you had such a reaction to Avatar. When Avatar came out it was after my son was a 3 months old. It was my birthday so my mom was in town and my husband and I decided we were going to see Avatar. I was i the "4th trimester" and breastfeeding, not working and such. So we left DH with DM and went to see this movie. I absolutely freaked out. The first 45 minutes of the movie I was so scared and the rest of the movie just seemed so awful. I couldn't wrap my mind around it. It was such a big deal after that everyone was talking about it and I was the only one I talked to who had such a severe reaction. My Mom (who is from LA and is a movie buff ) just made fun of me for my hormones.

post #63 of 202
Avatar: The Last Airbender (tv cartoon) and Avatar, the movie everyone made a big deal about are different. I LOVE The Last Airbender! One of my faves for the whole family.
post #64 of 202
Thread Starter 

I've never had implantation bleeding. I do have plenty of cramps though.

post #65 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMoon View Post

Avatar: The Last Airbender (tv cartoon) and Avatar, the movie everyone made a big deal about are different. I LOVE The Last Airbender! One of my faves for the whole family.


My mistake.

post #66 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbsmama View Post
 

Did anyone else NOT have implantation bleeding?

I didn't have it with my daughter and I didn't have it now either.  

post #67 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbsmama View Post
 

Did anyone else NOT have implantation bleeding?

i did not have implantation bleeding.

post #68 of 202
I don't remember any implantation bleeding with any of my pregnancies. It's definitely not something that happens to everyone. smile.gif
post #69 of 202

Nearly finished my 6th week - felt sick to my stomach twice today (nothing violent) and once yesterday.  Breasts are sore and nipples actually hurt.  Yup, definite escalation in symptoms.

post #70 of 202
Nipple/breast tenderness is thankfully a symptom I've never had, even though it seems far and away the most common early pregnancy symptom.
post #71 of 202

It is such a comfort to read that SO MANY variations can mean everything is going perfectly.  I am about 6.5 weeks, and I have had sore, growing breasts since 4 weeks… They were/are petite to start with, so maybe that's why.  As for symptoms, I have had some nausea starting in the past few days.  Also, my belly is like a balloon that inflates to 5x its normal size and deflates again!  I have been routinely unbuttoning my pants whenever I sit down… :-/  Hah… Also just really really tired, and a heightened sense of smell… as in, I can smell my class of first graders in ways I would not prefer to!

post #72 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambel View Post

It is such a comfort to read that SO MANY variations can mean everything is going perfectly.  I am about 6.5 weeks, and I have had sore, growing breasts since 4 weeks… They were/are petite to start with, so maybe that's why.  As for symptoms, I have had some nausea starting in the past few days.  Also, my belly is like a balloon that inflates to 5x its normal size and deflates again!  I have been routinely unbuttoning my pants whenever I sit down… :-/  Hah… Also just really really tired, and a heightened sense of smell… as in, I can smell my class of first graders in ways I would not prefer to!

That's funny! Yes sense of smell is way out of control over here too.
post #73 of 202

Minor back pain...it really doesn't "hurt" but it's sort of a dull ache and I am just very aware of it all the time.  Emotional.  Thankfully very minor nipple pain with nursing DS.  No nausea (knock on wood).  I know this sounds weird, but I have already felt things moving...maybe it's my other organs getting shoved out of the way ;)

 

I did have the really cool experience of "feeling" fertilization happen...it was 5 days after we had sex and I have never been one to feel ovulation happen, but I had a very distinct feeling of releasing an egg from my left ovary and then it quickly getting "zinged' by a waiting sperm!

post #74 of 202
Today I've been having a little more cramping, which makes me nervous. I've been having sort of pinchy-pully-heavy-tiny crampy feelings for the last week and a half, but today it felt a little more like regular cramps. Then I was at a patient's house and had my first wave of nausea. I was talking to a son and his wife while his dad was in the next room, peacefully heading towards death. I just burst out with "I'm newly pregnant and might have to run to the bathroom shortly!" which wasn't very smooth, but he just smiled and said "we know all about that stuff. Let me get you some ginger ale". Super sweet. And it helped! Then my next patient's family sent me off with an entire unopened box of saltines.
People are so wonderful. Seriously.

Any of you guys having mild menstrual-type cramps on and off still? This is my first and it makes me so nervous smile.gif
post #75 of 202
I always get them early 4.5 weeks and I have the nausea (though no vomiting), fatigue,and headache.

I'm in the same boat, as in not knowing how we got pregnant, we were being so careful. Top it off that things are super tight right now, because of all the time hubby took off to help his folks this fall. I so wanted a Fall baby, but I was planning for fall 2015. Oh well, here we go!
post #76 of 202
I started having symptoms at 6 DPO! Now I'm not having a whole lot. Some minor cramping/pressure but nothing that screams "pregnant".
post #77 of 202

I started having symptoms immediately. At 2DPO I was super nauseated all morning. My sense of smell became very acute that early too. Just a few days later I was ravenous all the time. Interesting because my earliest symptoms last time were light-headedness and fatigue, and those have really only set in this week (I'm 4 weeks 3 days). I have had the bloating REALLY badly. My jeans were already feeling too tight last week, and tonight after dinner I seriously looked the same as I did at 6 months preggo last time. This is pretty concerning to me as I don't want to be gaining unnecessary weight. Last time I only gained like 5 lbs the whole first half of the pregnancy. A week ago I was weepy as all get out. Is anyone else inflating as quickly as me? I don't own a scale so I don't know how much I weighed before/now. 

post #78 of 202

I knew I was pregnant because I'm always cold, especially at night, but I started getting this weird hot-face thing and waking up SWEATING my ass off and shedding blankets. When I didn't get the flu, or my period. . . anyways, I am feeling hella pregnant.So tired, so emotional, so hot and then cold. So BLOATED. And my belly feels really busy in there. Sometimes feels a little like cramps, sometimes just weird. Hard to sleep at night. I had the implantation bleeding, but poor, unsuspecting me mistook it for my period arriving. And my boobs have been hurting so bad.

 

HEADACHES. That's what makes it hard to sleep the most. And the nausea. Can you tell I'm a first-timer? This was totally unexpected. I haven't been to a doctor yet, but I'm estimating that I am beginning week 6.


Edited by ADSC - 2/13/14 at 7:17pm
post #79 of 202
Today I'm 4 weeks, and so far I'm peeing a lot and tired, and bloated! I also feel like crying at random times, so that's fun. Lol Tonight was the first time I felt sick from a smell, but I think that was also because I was so hungry.
post #80 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by katealicia View Post
 

I started having symptoms immediately. At 2DPO I was super nauseated all morning. My sense of smell became very acute that early too. Just a few days later I was ravenous all the time. Interesting because my earliest symptoms last time were light-headedness and fatigue, and those have really only set in this week (I'm 4 weeks 3 days). I have had the bloating REALLY badly. My jeans were already feeling too tight last week, and tonight after dinner I seriously looked the same as I did at 6 months preggo last time. This is pretty concerning to me as I don't want to be gaining unnecessary weight. Last time I only gained like 5 lbs the whole first half of the pregnancy. A week ago I was weepy as all get out. Is anyone else inflating as quickly as me? I don't own a scale so I don't know how much I weighed before/now. 

I usually gain 6-8lbs of water weight before I even get the bfp and stay that way for about 4-5 weeks (until 6-7 weeks pregnant). Then it settles out.  You might be going through something like that. You probably will show a lot faster this time though .. your body remembers what to do and everything just pops back into place to grow another baby. 

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: October 2014 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › October 2014 Due Date Club › Discussions › Are you having symptoms yet?