or Connect
Mothering › Groups › July 2014 Due Date Club › Discussions › Baby gender thread!

Baby gender thread!

post #1 of 43
Thread Starter 
Post here your great news when/ if you find out.

We found out today at 17.5 weeks.

Drumroll.......

It's a girl!!!!

Dh is in a bit of shock since we have 1 boy, and 2 girls already. I can't imagine what big brother is going to say. Haha!
post #2 of 43
We found out a couple weeks ago....another boy!
post #3 of 43

We found out today.... boy #3!!! :joy

post #4 of 43
Congratulations! We found out a few weeks ago that we're having our second girl. We're elated, we both secretly wanted DD to have a sister close in age. God granted our prayers joy.gif
post #5 of 43

i havent found out yet!  i am waiting on my insurance to come through STILL! i do have a VA apt today at the VA hospital for something else, and i will see if they can check me out since ive had no prenatal care so far. i will let you know if they do.

post #6 of 43
We have a boy!!! I think its a great thing DD who willbe 3yo will be bonded by age. DS (5yo) will be bonded by gender. Still...I cried knowing I wouldn't have another girl and DD would never know a sister. But we are all thrilled. And screening test came out good. Yay!
post #7 of 43

I always wanted a sister, so I understand wanting one for your DD! :Hug Hooray for good results, and for your DS! I love that they are all July b-days :)

post #8 of 43

I was going to be on the green team. Then decided we'd go ahead and find out at our 20weeks u/s March 3rd, then found out there's a local place that tells you at 16 weeks for $60. SOOOO I found out last weekend, #3 is a BOY! We are pretty psyched - we have a girl, then two boys:) Our oldest, the girl, was a little ticked off, but we are pushing the line "you get to be the only special girl" and I think she's buying it.

post #9 of 43
Just found out this week that after 3 girls we're having a boy!! It'll be a whole new adventure. I'm browsing boy clothes and trying to get excited about it. I keep thinking "What will I do with a boy?" My mother suggested that it might be more "What will your boy do with all of you girls?" Lol. I've loved having all girls, but really I'm pretty excited. I suspect this is our last pregnancy, and I'm glad we'll get to have a son and the girls will get to have a brother. Can't wait to meet him. He was rolling and squirming all over during the ultrasound.
post #10 of 43
Flower - Congrats on the boy! I had three daughters and then a son, and I also wondered what I would do with a boy. Having a son is awesome, you will absolutely love it!
post #11 of 43
Boy!!!!!!
post #12 of 43

Congrats everybody!! I can't wait until July to see/hear about all the new squishes!

post #13 of 43

Congrats to all of you! This is all so exciting.

 

I am still undecided whether I want to know or not. Our next appointment is in 2 weeks so I still have some time to make my mind up.

post #14 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower of Bliss View Post

Just found out this week that after 3 girls we're having a boy!! It'll be a whole new adventure. I'm browsing boy clothes and trying to get excited about it. I keep thinking "What will I do with a boy?" My mother suggested that it might be more "What will your boy do with all of you girls?" Lol. I've loved having all girls, but really I'm pretty excited. I suspect this is our last pregnancy, and I'm glad we'll get to have a son and the girls will get to have a brother. Can't wait to meet him. He was rolling and squirming all over during the ultrasound.

I was nervous about having a boy, growing up without a brother or any close male friends, but I have to say there is something just so absolutely special about being the mama of a son. I hope to have more someday. He's so cuddly and sweet and thoughtful. It's hard to describe, but you'll feel it. 

post #15 of 43

We found on Friday that we are having a girl! We are so thrilled, although I think we would be thrilled with either, it is just nice to know! This is our first and already being able to call her "she" or "her" is helping us to connect with her! Everyone was thinking it's a girl so it's been fun to confirm everyone's suspicions :)

post #16 of 43
We got confirmation today that we are having two boys! DP is THRILLED--she really really (really really) wanted two boys, so she couldn't be happier. I'm a little bittersweet about not ever getting to see any of the cute little baby girl clothes that my DD has outgrown again, but I love the idea of brothers, and all of our friends' boys are so sweet and loving, it's hard to be anything but excited!
post #17 of 43

Hooray for 2 boys!! I love watching mine interact... they are really starting to come into their own relationship as DS2 gets older. I can only imagine it would be magnified w/ 2 that have always known each other! So sweet!

post #18 of 43

Just found out today that its ANOTHER boy! Sheesh, 3 in a row!

post #19 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBlue View Post

Flower - Congrats on the boy! I had three daughters and then a son, and I also wondered what I would do with a boy. Having a son is awesome, you will absolutely love it!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareseatoats View Post
 

I was nervous about having a boy, growing up without a brother or any close male friends, but I have to say there is something just so absolutely special about being the mama of a son. I hope to have more someday. He's so cuddly and sweet and thoughtful. It's hard to describe, but you'll feel it. 

 

Thank you both.  I'm the oldest of 3 with 2 younger brothers.  Pre-kids I always assumed we'd have both genders, and I was certain DD3 would be a boy (not so much and I wouldn't change a thing about her for the world).  The idea of getting rid of the baby girl clothes that all 3 of mine have worn is sort of heartbreaking, but really I'm looking forward to meeting our son and the adventure of raising another little person.

post #20 of 43
Flower--I purged mine yesterday. They are all in bags waiting to be tagged for a sale, now. It was sad, but not as bad as I was expecting. A few I had a brief flash of nostalgia for, a bunch of really important ones I saved (about 1 bin full, so far. We have a lot of clothes from my and DP's childhoods and it's been so very sweet to dress DD in the same clothes we wore as babies, so I'd like to have that option for my kids, too), and most I didn't have any feelings about at all, other than, 'oh, shit. there go all of the good colors. Now everything is light blue and white...' Going to try to remedy that with some really fun bright boy clothes!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: July 2014 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › July 2014 Due Date Club › Discussions › Baby gender thread!