or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › Tuesday Wagon!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tuesday Wagon!!! - Page 2

post #21 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jack
Also, before I listed my dipes on the TP I went to paypal to check what I had paid for something and it was so cool to see my 7 day history with no money spent - instead of a huge list of purchases!!! That was super motivating!!
Wow! Good for you!
post #22 of 57
I fell off. Hard.

I couldn't resist Cushie Tushie this morning. Then, my name got picked first for knitwitzbaby custom. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
post #23 of 57
Okay ladies, instead of shopping, help me refine our dipe stash. :LOL

In an attempt to cut down on the random buying/trading/selling, I'm wanting a more streamlined stash. I'm thinking:

18 fitteds
6 aios
6-12 hemp flats (backup dipes and for travelling)
2-4 night dipes

And how many covers does one need? I've completely lost touch with a reasonable number of covers.

First off does that seem reasonable for a 15-month old? Too many, too few? If that sounds good next, I'll need help deciding which dipes to keep/buy to complete this stash. I have so many more diapers than this it's hard to think of narrowing it down, but it seems like a reasonable number to me?!?
post #24 of 57
I'm still here, I have 7 ebay links in my faves to watch tho
post #25 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokay
Okay ladies, instead of shopping, help me refine our dipe stash. :LOL

In an attempt to cut down on the random buying/trading/selling, I'm wanting a more streamlined stash. I'm thinking:

18 fitteds
6 aios
6-12 hemp flats (backup dipes and for travelling)
2-4 night dipes

And how many covers does one need? I've completely lost touch with a reasonable number of covers.

First off does that seem reasonable for a 15-month old? Too many, too few? If that sounds good next, I'll need help deciding which dipes to keep/buy to complete this stash. I have so many more diapers than this it's hard to think of narrowing it down, but it seems like a reasonable number to me?!?
It doesn't sound like much, but I think I've lost touch with reasonable too So, are you thinking of doing laundry every other day? That would probably make it for every other day - maybe a few more diapers though. I don't know about covers, maybe at least 3 or 4 daytime and 1 or 2 nighttime minimum.
post #26 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokay
Okay ladies, instead of shopping, help me refine our dipe stash. :LOL

In an attempt to cut down on the random buying/trading/selling, I'm wanting a more streamlined stash. I'm thinking:

18 fitteds
6 aios
6-12 hemp flats (backup dipes and for travelling)
2-4 night dipes

And how many covers does one need? I've completely lost touch with a reasonable number of covers.

First off does that seem reasonable for a 15-month old? Too many, too few? If that sounds good next, I'll need help deciding which dipes to keep/buy to complete this stash. I have so many more diapers than this it's hard to think of narrowing it down, but it seems like a reasonable number to me?!?
That would probably be great if you do plan on doing laundry every other day, or maybe even every three days if your little one doesn't go through too many. We currently have 10 fitteds, 6 prefolds, and 1 AIO for Chloe. For Matthew we have 6 pocket diapers and 12 prefolds. I do laundry every other day.

As far as covers go, I would say 4-6 if you use wool. If they are all either PUL or fleece, you might want a couple more.( depends on how messy your baby is)
post #27 of 57
Um okay I just fell off

It wasn't something I really needed (and I'm not even sure it will fit :LOL) BUT......$11 ppd couldn't be beat
post #28 of 57
Quote:
It doesn't sound like much, but I think I've lost touch with reasonable too So, are you thinking of doing laundry every other day? That would probably make it for every other day - maybe a few more diapers though. I don't know about covers, maybe at least 3 or 4 daytime and 1 or 2 nighttime minimum.
I'll wash every other day. Leaving dirties longer than that grosses me out for some reason. That's 3 dozen diapers if you include the flats. Would 4 dozen be better? See, like I said I don't know what reasonable is anymore. I'd hate to sell off so many and wind up with not enough to comfortably wash every other day. How about 3 wool for day, 2 wool for night and 4 wraps for the flats and fitteds? I'm not sure I can narrow it down even that much. lol!!
post #29 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthreeboys
Um okay I just fell off

It wasn't something I really needed (and I'm not even sure it will fit :LOL) BUT......$11 ppd couldn't be beat
:LOL Ok, now back up you go :giving you a hand back onto the wagon:
post #30 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokay
I'll wash every other day. Leaving dirties longer than that grosses me out for some reason. That's 3 dozen diapers if you include the flats. Would 4 dozen be better? See, like I said I don't know what reasonable is anymore. I'd hate to sell off so many and wind up with not enough to comfortably wash every other day. How about 3 wool for day, 2 wool for night and 4 wraps for the flats and fitteds? I'm not sure I can narrow it down even that much. lol!!
No, no, no, I think if you are planning on washing every other day that is a totally perfect stash size. It is even enough for a cushion on those days when you end up with more dirties than usual!

Cover wise you have a great plan too! Way to go Mama!
post #31 of 57
Oh, I forgot about the flats for backups - that sounds like plenty. Are you going to use one type of fitted or a variety. It would be kind of nice to have your absolute favorites you get to use all the time
post #32 of 57
Quote:
No, no, no, I think if you are planning on washing every other day that is a totally perfect stash size. It is even enough for a cushion on those days when you end up with more dirties than usual!
Woohoo! Thanks!

Quote:
Are you going to use one type of fitted or a variety. It would be kind of nice to have your absolute favorites you get to use all the time
i don't know, i have so many diapers that i like. i think in the next week or so i'll have to pay close attention to what fits her best and go from there. or maybe i should list what we have and have you guys help me narrow it down. too many great diapers, not enough space to hold them all.
post #33 of 57
yes yes tell us what you have!


Um, guys....my elbee number is up.
post #34 of 57
What # are you?
post #35 of 57
206 i think....
post #36 of 57
Thread Starter 
Where oh where has my wagon gone? Where oh where can it be?
post #37 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom
yes yes tell us what you have!


Um, guys....my elbee number is up.

How exciting! How long have you been waiting?

We all agreed that pre-wagon commitments should be honored if at all possible!
post #38 of 57
I stayed on...but I had a fever of 102, so that might be why. Does that count?
post #39 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusBeans
I stayed on...but I had a fever of 102, so that might be why. Does that count?
Everything counts when you're on the wagon!
post #40 of 57
hanging on tight! if cushie tushie had watermelon for size large, i would've jumped but i'm hanging back on again! the only thing i have going on is ebay- very small!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diapering
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › Tuesday Wagon!!!