Some of the ones I thought of have already been mentioned but I'll put down everything I can think of anyways!
1. The feelings of love are not right away all the time. I was devastated that even after I brought DD home I was never overwhelmed with love for her. In fact most of the time I just stared at her like, "Oh ok so you're here now".
Definitely doesn't last though!
2. Not everyone has bowel issues (constipation etc.)! I had heard that you get constipated or you get diarreha (in labour) and was so terrified that it was going to happen to me! (I have an intense disgust of bowel movements so this was especially hard on me).
3. Babies do not always want to eat right away. In fact they may not want to eat all day especially if you had pain killer. DD didn't nurse until the day after she was born and because of that they threatened to give her formula but didn't go the extra mile and help me to get her to eat.
4. Umbilical cord care. I'm still unsure of it. I heard to swipe around it with rubbing alcohol to dry it out so it falls off but I've also heard not to do that cause it will dry it out and possibly crack the skin around it. *SIGH* DD's still hadn't fallen off about three weeks later so I broke down and swiped it with rubbing alcohol. It fell off within a week.
5. I.V. fluids are cold. Cold enough you can feel their temp. as they go in. Totally normal!
5a. If you are planning a homebirth and decide to go in for pain killer weight is a good thing to be sure of. DO NOT guesstimate on it. If you must do so be safe and guess under. MEdicine delivered according to weight limits are that way for a reason. I was given to much and passed out during the pushing and for the following three hours. I was not coherent until late the next day. We guess too high a number.
ETA: This was a big one for us.
Due to an increase in blood but not neccessarily the best blood circulation things will likely swell and then get stuck!
Possibly TMI but I had one lip of my girly goods swell (it looked like a large kidney bean
) and only that one. I freaked out when it happened. I thought something was wrong with me. Turns out I had a part of my back out (due to being pregnant) so it allowed for an inlet to that area but not neccessarily an outlet.