or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Kool-aid dying...skip the Arctic Green Apple!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kool-aid dying...skip the Arctic Green Apple!

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Anyone who is going to kool-aid dye...don't even try the arctic green apple. It comes out this nasty neon pastel green color. It is NOT cute! Luckily I saved my dye job by blending the ugly green by covering it generously with yellow and now it is a limey-yellow that you don't notice as much! Hope this helps someone out there.
post #2 of 12
Thanks! Kool-aid for dying is on my ISO/swap list. Guess what color I got? Yep, Artic Green Apple and Lemonade. Guess we'll be making playdough out of the AGA.
post #3 of 12
Uhm, I really liked Artic Green Apple for a playsilk I dyed recently. Pretty and a bit softer than the lime. Were you dyeing wool or silk?
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
I was dying a pair of wool shorts for my dd. You're right...it might be pretty if used on a playsilk. Maybe too it was the colors I was putting it with that it just looked bad.
post #5 of 12
It might be the colors you were using it with, it isn't one of the *usual* bright colors that work so well together. I am glad you were able to salvage the shorts with colors you do like!
post #6 of 12
Actually I just finished a soaker that I dyed with Arctic Green and Raspberry lemonade (blue) and it is lovely. I will take pics once I finished the drawstring.
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechrysalis
Actually I just finished a soaker that I dyed with Arctic Green and Raspberry lemonade (blue) and it is lovely. I will take pics once I finished the drawstring.
I have a soaker I dyed with those two colors together too. I must have watered mine down a bit more, because it turned out to be a nice pastelly sage green color. I think it would look great with pink too.
post #8 of 12
I did a soaker w/ aga and orange and loved it. I think lemon/lime sounds really nice, too.

J.
post #9 of 12
So , I will use the AGA - lol. I want to dye a natural cotton pouch. Raspberry lemonade sounds good too - green & blue.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabes
So , I will use the AGA - lol. I want to dye a natural cotton pouch. Raspberry lemonade sounds good too - green & blue.
Kool-aid doesn't work on cotton. You'll need fiber reactive dyes. Craft stores usually carry the Rainbow Rock tye dye kits and those dyes will work. Or you can check Dharma Trading for procion dyes.
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest4quiet
Kool-aid doesn't work on cotton. You'll need fiber reactive dyes. Craft stores usually carry the Rainbow Rock tye dye kits and those dyes will work. Or you can check Dharma Trading for procion dyes.
Thanks!
post #12 of 12

Where can I get that Arctic Green Apple dye because I need it asap?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Arts & Crafts
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Kool-aid dying...skip the Arctic Green Apple!