or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › What are your favorite diaper company names?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are your favorite diaper company names? - Page 3

post #41 of 73
I think 'Holy Sheep Yarns' is funny. I have no idea if it is a religious thing but it reminds me of saying "Holy Sh!t" and I like that

I love the name "Luxe Baby" and I think "Lucy's Hope Chest" is cool too.
post #42 of 73
Thread Starter 
ooh--forgot righteous baby. that's my other fave.

and cloth baby. so simple.

wee cee dee. i just got it too!!

thanks for the help on muttaquin. i was saying it wrong, and never thought to look it up. didn't know the word.

now i want to hear about brayg's dipes too!

btw: i'll buy from a site with typos and spelling errors, but i always wonder if the wahm would want to know about them. i don't want to sound snotty. i spell tons of stuff wrong too!!
post #43 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetapestry
Customers or potential customers aren't required to be open minded about anything, much less something about a product or business practices related to it. We have so many choices for diapering products now that it is many times our personal preferences that guide our decisions to try or not try something. Some people won't buy diapers from websites with typos (hi Marnie!), I won't buy diapers from websites that have religious content on them, and I've seen various other reasons for not trying products that range from don't like the website design to poor quality pictures or unfavorable return policies. Customers are very idiosyncratic in their preferences, and you don't need to satisfy everybody to have a decent business. So I say make your choices and be proud of them, find your niche, and avoid dwelling on what people say they don't like (unless it's constructive feedback).

Karla
LMAO I nearly spit my pop out at this! I knew it would come back to bite me in my butt (my very large one thank you ) And you know I was adding to/re-writing part of my site and thought "OMG If I was shopping here I would close this window!" I tend to write late at night and I run on and on and ON (Big mouth to go with that big butt) but it is also a lot easier to see 'other peoples' spelling/wording errors than it is yourself.

I agree with the religion point in a way, there are certian sites where I 'know' the momma's and know their intentions are true to their faith (what ever faith that may be) and I don't have a problem with that, there are a few that use religion just to get sales (been quoted to say she would use Jesus on anything as long as people were paying through the nose for it) and that I have a big BIG problem with, so I don't shop there. Simple as that. I think that religion is something that is personal, if you want to share that is wonderful but to use it in that way, for personal gain is wrong, and if your ethics lack there they are bound to be shaky in other places as well.
post #44 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj'smommy
I didn't get Wee Cee Dee until I read this thread either! for those of us who are a little slow on the uptake!
Man I am SO glad I am not alone on that one!! LOL I think it is because I don't say "CD" when I talk about Cloth diapers IRL yk? Like I tend to sometimes say LOL or even DH but I never use CD like that, so I think it was something I didn't click with! Honest I do have a brain, and it DOES work (part-time although right now I think it is on maternity leave)
post #45 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetapestry
I SO see a DDDDC in your futre.

Karla
: :LOL well it matches my oh so big mouth
post #46 of 73
I like the name TYEDYEDREAMS. I like my own too because it is all about my daughters. I also like Mudpies and I really dig her labels. FMBG has always been cool!
post #47 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by allformyboys
Big mouth to go with that big butt
I think you are actually FISHING for a DDDDC jk

I'm not going to reopen the religion and business practices debate, but your Jesus example is so sad it's almost funny. I get your point and it's a good one, even if my own opinion is somewhat different.

Karla
post #48 of 73


I hope I didn't offend anyone with my "animal" comment. We were being honest. I just have hang ups I think we all do
post #49 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayg
It isn't so much that people don't like the name--I can handle that, as long as they are open-minded enough to give the diaper a chance, despite the name. But I saw a few "I won't try xxxx diaper because of the name" which I guess, as a new, upcoming WAHM makes me feel I've got a big ol' X on my face right out of the gate, kwim?

I know my product will speak for itself, *if* I can get people to try them, but if they are going to stay away because of what I've named them, then I guess I would take it personally.

Anyhoo...just offering a different perspective from the WAHM side.
Actually, I would appreciate a thread like this if I were you. If people really aren't buying the diaper b/c of the name - maybe its a good reason to consider a new name - if your intention is to sell the diapers to the most amount of people.
post #50 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by lori810
Actually, I would appreciate a thread like this if I were you. If people really aren't buying the diaper b/c of the name - maybe its a good reason to consider a new name - if your intention is to sell the diapers to the most amount of people.
No, that's not my intention--I don't think I could keep up with the demands of selling to the most amount of people. :LOL

I guess for the most part, it just saddened me to know that there are people (and quite a few on this thread alone, which leads me to believe that there are probably WAY more out there who feel the same way) who would NOT try something just because of the name.

In fact, in the beginning, I did fret over the name for this very reason. I was worried people wouldn't give me a chance because it has the word "pee" in it. But there's a story behind it and I know it's the right one. And I guess I had more confidence that this wouldn't be an issue.

If I changed the name, I would have to break my very proud 8 year old's heart and tell him that because of the name (one that he picked out) there are people out there who wouldn't even bother to give us a try. I wouldn't do that-it's not something I would want to teach him.

I'm sure of our name and wouldn't even consider changing it at this point. I'm proud of it and proud of my ds. But, as I said, sad that it's even an issue to some people. That's all.
post #51 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetapestry
I think you are actually FISHING for a DDDDC jk

I'm not going to reopen the religion and business practices debate, but your Jesus example is so sad it's almost funny. I get your point and it's a good one, even if my own opinion is somewhat different.

Karla
:LOL I figure the more I look like I am fishing the less likely I am to actually GET one smart cookie I am....LOL

Yeah I don't want to re-open that debate either, but it does have to do with the name thing. I also don't want to go back to the spelling error thing....Terrified someone will go to my site and see why a hypocrite I am there....LOL I am working on it honest! :P
post #52 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by allformyboys
I also don't want to go back to the spelling error thing....Terrified someone will go to my site and see why a hypocrite I am there....LOL I am working on it honest! :P
Oh yeah, check your policies page . . . .

Karla
post #53 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayg
If I changed the name, I would have to break my very proud 8 year old's heart and tell him that because of the name (one that he picked out) there are people out there who wouldn't even bother to give us a try. I wouldn't do that-it's not something I would want to teach him.
I would like to make a gentle suggestion (as gentle as I'm capable of being anyway) that you consider dialing back your emotionality here. I just don't think it's a terrible tragedy that some people don't like diaper names with poo and pee and g-d-knows-what-else bodily functions or excretions in them, or at least that they dislike them enough not to want to try and buy them. Most things you do as a business person have consequences for who you will sell to and how much you will sell. I don't think it's such a terrible lesson to an 8 year old that he isn't immune from this.

But, you certainly have piqued people's interest in knowing your product's name. I'll be waiting until your store is launched to hear it and read the story of the name.

Karla
post #54 of 73
Brayg: Pm me with the name of your store!
post #55 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlylibby
Brayg: Pm me with the name of your store!
me too!
post #56 of 73
me, too!
post #57 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetapestry
I would like to make a gentle suggestion (as gentle as I'm capable of being anyway) that you consider dialing back your emotionality here. I just don't think it's a terrible tragedy
I'd like to clear up the fact that I am not an emotional wreck over it or seeing it as a tragedy in the least. Sorry you took it that way. I was just "sad" (maybe I picked the wrong smilie when I posted?) and thought I'd offer another POV. No tears were shed in the typing of these posts.
post #58 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetapestry
Oh yeah, check your policies page . . . .

Karla
LOL yeah yeah yeah being done being done....I told ya 2 am I am not my most eloquent!
post #59 of 73
Brayg's stie

Hope it's ok if I post it! Looks like some other mama's have it figured out too, there were 5 shoppers there a minute ago.

Disclaimer - I do not know this mama personally
post #60 of 73
there are an awful lot of names with bums and buns/bunz out there. they mostly feel too cutsie for me and i think i like names with a little more edge. like monster baby. (just me tho ) and righteous baby is cute too because it reminds me of ani difranco's lable, righteous babe. is that just coincidence? i never realized it but the simple names are always appealing also, like luxe and freshies! and i don't think i have ever avoided or purchased a diaper based on its name. i think i am probably more influenced by the pictures and style of the website.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diapering
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › What are your favorite diaper company names?