or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › What are your diaper pet peeves??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are your diaper pet peeves??

post #1 of 77
Thread Starter 
We all have them, one thing or another that really bugs you about a certain diaper.

Mine are usually never enough to make me sell a diaper. And they usually change when Kesi's shape changes.
post #2 of 77
Mine is fitteds. I hate fitteds.
I just can't stand having cute diaper prints that have to be covered up, AND, I don't like to have to put a cover on because it's a hassle trying to get just a diaper on.
I've gotten rid of a LOT of them, but they all need to go.
post #3 of 77
If all my fitteds are snapped or aplixed closed when they have been cleaned.
post #4 of 77
Wing droop.
post #5 of 77
Ooooh Dana, I hate wing droop!

I also hate pilling....the new stacinator I have pills horribly. Um, and well, leaking.... LOL!
post #6 of 77
oh man.. I have a list.. I'm very picky

exposed snaps for the snap in soaker.. what's up with this? I know it takes more time to make sure the snaps are covered, but I really like covered snaps and it's not THAT much more time consuming is it?.

exposed snaps at all.. SO many very hyena diapers have exposed snaps. I just do NOT get this. Some of them don't bother my dd.. and some do. But, if I"m paying $15-$25 for a fitted and more for an AIO, I EXPECT the snaps to be covered and usually won't buy more if they aren't. I won't name names, but probably 75% of the hyena diapers out there have exposed snaps and it boggles my mind.

tight back elastic. Prorpas and one brand of pocket AIO's are too tight on my dd.. leaving harsh red marks.. bad bad bad.. especially when it doens't NEED to be that way.

diapers that don't seem to be well proportioned. Like, my dd can't wear a medium FB because they leave red marks on her legs. The funny part is, her thighs are 11 inches which isn't so big really since she use to have 13 inch thighs. Yet, the waist of a med. FB is on the thightest setting. seems a little odd to me.

Diapers with three snaps on each wing usually have a lumpy fit.. You are suppose to snap the far wing snap on the last front panel snap, then snap the others accordingly. It just doesn't work for us because it makes the front panel not lay flat. Not sure if that makes sense or not. Granted, i haven't tried them all.. but I've tried a few and all were the same.

Really really wide soakers bother me. A prefold is fine becaus they sort of comform. But a hemp fleece soaker that is six inches wide and 6 layers thick is surely uncomfortable.

Side snap diapers that don't fit the same snap on the upper snaps and the lower snaps. This, of course, depends on a baby's shape, but ss that fit the same settings I love.. and those that don't, I dislike and we're going more for side aplix lately for this reason.

Anything not quick dry just irritates me to no end.



Wow.. my list is very long *L*. we sort of found what works for us and stick with it for the most part but those are some of the things that I get peeved about.. and most are reason enough for me to sell and move on... not all.. but most.
post #7 of 77
The way the Kissaluvs droops in the front. I mean - the edges of the front part of the diaper drop down underneath the wings, it looks HORRIBLE !!
post #8 of 77
When I don't have paypal to buy more diapers.... :
post #9 of 77
I don't know. I can't really think of anything that bothers me.
post #10 of 77
Leg elastic that folds in on a fitted.

Stinky hemp!

Wonky snap placement.
post #11 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippytoes26
oh man.. I have a list.. I'm very picky

exposed snaps for the snap in soaker.. what's up with this? I know it takes more time to make sure the snaps are covered, but I really like covered snaps and it's not THAT much more time consuming is it?.

exposed snaps at all.. SO many very hyena diapers have exposed snaps. I just do NOT get this. Some of them don't bother my dd.. and some do. But, if I"m paying $15-$25 for a fitted and more for an AIO, I EXPECT the snaps to be covered and usually won't buy more if they aren't. I won't name names, but probably 75% of the hyena diapers out there have exposed snaps and it boggles my mind.

tight back elastic. Prorpas and one brand of pocket AIO's are too tight on my dd.. leaving harsh red marks.. bad bad bad.. especially when it doens't NEED to be that way.
I think you're my diapering soul sister! :LOL I hate unhidden snaps, and am amazed at how hard they are to find also. I have a major hidden snap hang up. And it's the worst when it's the snap in soaker that has exposed snaps, I wouldn't want to lay or sit on that.

The one good thing about a lot of hyena diapers having exposed snaps is that I have been able to rule them out, so I'm not tempted to spend money on them. I have narrowed it down to Cloud 9 softies, fuzbaby fitteds(not fireflys), elbees, side snaps sugarpeas, and becca bottoms ut fitteds. And Mudpie and Very Baby AIOs.

I also can't stand when the elastic is too tight (part of the reasons I like Cloud 9s, the elastic is kind of loose around the legs and waist). From a comfort stand point, prefolds seem the best since there is no elastic or snaps, but I hate poop on my wool so I still end up using mostly fitteds.

I also hate when you have to snap the diaper uneven because your child is in between snap settings.
post #12 of 77
I hate wing droop.
post #13 of 77
WIDE crotches. Ugg, I really need narrow between the legs, please. DD is very picky about this.
Unhidden snaps of fitteds (covers don't bother me too much).
Elastic that leaves red marks
Wing droop
Butt sag
The Fuzzi Bunz thing that Amber described!! Happens with DD too! And she doesn't have fat thighs.
post #14 of 77
Thread Starter 
Nevermind...
My biggest pet peeves are quick-dry soakers that snap in the front so as to make the wings bumpy in the front. Or when I can snap the wings evenly on both sides, I hate that.

Also I really don't like front snap diapers that, when snapped, are too loose in the waist and too tight on the thighs.

Bulky diapers are no fun too, but they do have their place.
post #15 of 77
When you can't snap them on the same snap size on both sides of the diaper. This drives me NUTS!!!!!!!!
post #16 of 77
1. Elastic not sewn all the way through the diaper layers.... (like only sewn to the hidden and outer layer, not inner) I'm not sure if its just me, but the few diapers I have like this always seem to curl up in a ball and then dont lay right when i try to flatten them out when i take them out of the dryer.

2. No front elastic .... that may change depending on the shape of the next baby, but they fit horribly on kyla.

3. Hidden Snaps on side snap diapers :LOL Most(obviously not all as I havent seen them ALL) diapers I have seen with hidden snaps on side snap diapers have wings that are far too big to make room for serging around the snap placement. They end up being too bulky at the hips/upper thighs and the inner fabric being loose really irks me. Not to mention my old washing machine (glad I have a front loader now ) was a bear on diapers... i had more than one snap pop off and the cap was stuck inside the diaper because it was hidden. took more effort than it was worth to get it out and repair.

4. Loose threads... this is partly my own fault, ROFL. I was always neglectful in snipping the threads on the diapers i make for kyla cause im usually in a hurry to try it on, test fit, etc... Then she would pee in it and I would wash it and kick myself for not snipping the threads when i realized i forgot to :LOL Course I have also gotten diapers in the past where there were like 4 or 5 loose threads that the WAHM forgot/neglected to cut. I understand it happens, but it did irk me :LOL
post #17 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom
When I don't have paypal to buy more diapers.... :
Me too! And when I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE something that is totally unattainable!
post #18 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensity_too
When you can't snap them on the same snap size on both sides of the diaper. This drives me NUTS!!!!!!!!
Oooohh that one really bugs me too -- I need it to be symetrical.

Funny how I cant think of any of my own but sure agree with whats already been listed!
post #19 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2kyla
3. Hidden Snaps on side snap diapers :LOL Most(obviously not all as I havent seen them ALL) diapers I have seen with hidden snaps on side snap diapers have wings that are far too big to make room for serging around the snap placement. They end up being too bulky at the hips/upper thighs and the inner fabric being loose really irks me. Not to mention my old washing machine (glad I have a front loader now ) was a bear on diapers... i had more than one snap pop off and the cap was stuck inside the diaper because it was hidden. took more effort than it was worth to get it out and repair.
You say it so well, I don't like when they have hidden snaps for this EXACT reason!!!
post #20 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom
When I don't have paypal to buy more diapers.... :
That's mine too
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diapering
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › What are your diaper pet peeves??