Hello...can I join you ladies? I'm not sure if I fit with y'all...let me tell you my story.
I had a c-section in February, when I delivered my daughter. I have some pretty bitter feelings about it--first off, I was induced about 15 days before my due date, at no effacement, dilation, or engaging of the baby's head. In essence, I wasn't ready to have the baby yet, and she wasn't ready to be born.
But, doctors are doctors, and my concerns were all railroaded. After 17 hours of labor, I just wasn't dilating past 7 cm--three hours of solid contractions and no progress at that point. Baby's head wasn't engaging at all, so my doctor prepped me for a c-section. 45 minutes later, I had a baby.
I recovered very well and easily, and have no residual pain, other than mental. I often wonder how long I would have gone if my doctor hadn't decided to induce me. I wish I'd been able to go into labor naturally. I wish I would have been able to tell her "no" and to assert my wish for a more natural birth scenario.
I'm going to try for a VBAC with the next one (if we're blessed enough to have another one), and I'm finding a new OB (I'll try to start with a midwife, but considering that my last pg was high risk, I want to plan for the possibility that I'll need higher level medical care), but I'm not holding out a lot of hope--the hospitals and doctors around my area are typically not fabulous about supporting VBAC (from what I've heard, anyway!).
Anyway, nice to meet you all!