or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › Activism and News › Absolutely Not
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Absolutely Not - Page 2

post #21 of 50
If anything, Bush's election makes me stand firmer in living my own values to counter his idiocy, disregard for most of the nation (those of us who make less than 500k/year) and yes, sevenkids, warmongering. I am ashamed of the actions of this administration and aghast at the blind ignorance that may have saddled us with 4 more years of damage to the environment, education, the mamas and children of Iraq, and our place in the world community. We are PART of the world, we don't own the whole damn thing. I weep to think that we will continue to have a gov't that cares nothing for this. 4 more years of being the leading terrorists of the world, the US has nothing to be proud of.
post #22 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiemom
I am ashamed of the actions of this administration and aghast at the blind ignorance that may have saddled us with 4 more years of damage to the environment, education, the mamas and children of Iraq, and our place in the world community. We are PART of the world, we don't own the whole damn thing. I weep to think that we will continue to have a gov't that cares nothing for this.


(sorry, nak )
post #23 of 50
ITA with the OP.

He is NOT my president, elected, selected, or otherwise. I will NEVER get behind that evil chimpanzee of a fraud. I cannot believe anyone believes a word that comes from his mouth, and those that believe he is a real Christian shock me the most.

I am sad, shocked, and deeply embarrassed today. I hope all of the people that voted for him and his evil empire enjoy it when their children are drafted and their social security goes to repaying the largest deficit/debt in America's history. When the environment is trashed and there is no middle class, when terrorism against the US becomes a franchise and hundreds of thousands have died, when we are totally alienated from the rest of the world... enjoy what you reap. I hope it was worth it.
post #24 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenkids
George Bush is not my president.
He never will be my president.
I will not accept his policies, his warmongering, his lies and deciet.
I will not accept the crimes he has commited against the international community, and against the American people.
I am deeply ashamed of the Americans who support this beast, this nemesis of peace, this horrific, inexcusable, insufferable idiot of a man.
I will hang my head in shame every single day because I am an American, whose own people have helped bring dishonour and disgrace on our country, whose once proud nation is now simutaneously the laughing stock and the feared intimidator of the world.
Much like the schoolyard bully, we are being mocked while we are feared. Like the schoolyard bully, those we oppress will band together to bring us down. All bullies eventually fall, and America is no exception.
Our days of being a great nation are ending.
I am terribly afraid, for he safety of my brothers and 4 sons.
I am afraid we will become the battle ground for the next world war.
I am afraid my rights and the rights of my children will continue to be systematically stripped and destroyed.
One day we will tell our children, in quiet whispers and in fear, of the once great nation of yesteryears.

The Dark Ages of America have begun.

Those who blindly screamed the slogans, swallowed and regurgitated the rhetoric, remained blissfully ignorant of the magnitude of their choices and prayed for four more years of war and bloodshed shall surely get what they deserve.

But it's not what I deserved and not what I should reap.

I have not sowed the seeds of this evil empire, and I shall not remain to witness the wicked fruits of this unethical and immoral lack of judgement come to bear.

sing it sister!
post #25 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by traixa2
My husbands words this am were, "Nixon didn't get away with his evil, and he was a he** of alot smarter than W."
That's what gives me hope
post #26 of 50
Me too. My mom just called and said maybe this will energize people like the election/crimes of Nixon did.
post #27 of 50
I'm also saddened today by the lack of care in our fellow Americans. Why didn't they at least give John Kerry a chance. He could not possibly of done worse. I do not want to have George Bush for another four years. Yes I will accept it. Yes he is our president but I'm not happy about it. I had hope for Kerry! The only thing to look forward to is 2008. And I hope Bush doesn't tear down this country anymore than he already has.

Valerie
post #28 of 50
I cried today when I saw the news about Bush winning. I just felt like I couldn't breath. It made me strongly consider whether I really want to concieve another child to be born into a country that would chose exteme religious dogma over the ideals of our founding fathers. What happened to freedom? I don't know that I want to raise my children in a country where we would rather have our lives dictated to us by a religious zealot then make choices for ourselves. Honestly the fact that the people of this country have chosen close minded, holier than thou, morality over Women's rights, Gay rights, the environment, peace, and the economy brakes my heart and makes me furious at the same time. If we had the money I would be on the first plane out of this country, and I would never ever come back. Today I am ashamed to be an American.
post #29 of 50
Someone, please get me the %^*& out of this country!
post #30 of 50
Sevenkids-very powerful!! He is not my president either. Plus, there is no paper trail so who really knows what went on in those computers :
post #31 of 50
It is indeed a dark day for America.

I've been so sad today, but more convicted than ever to bring about change. As tempted as I am to pack up the fam and go to Canada, dh and I are reved up to become more active and work against the negative influences of the right-wing takeover.

I'm lucky, however, to be a native of Maine, where Green Independent representatives are everywhere and the zealots stay mostly up in the woods.

Fellow lefty ladies, it's time to dry our tears and march on. Being an American means using your voice and fighting for that in which you believe.
post #32 of 50
me to my husband: the only positive thing is that after 4 years, he won't be able to run again.

my husband: don't be so sure. check this out.

http://www.mapcruzin.com/news/bush050703a.htm

please......someone.......tell me this is a joke.......
post #33 of 50
djinneyah- that is freaking scary
post #34 of 50
Sevenkids, that was an amazingly eloquent post. Thank you.

Jen
post #35 of 50
I'm with you, ladies. It is a sad day in America. I never thought that so many people could be blind to the evils of W and crew. But, as has been suggested, maybe they aren't. Of all the other bad deeds Bush & Co. have schemed and pulled off, why not election fraud? That's nothing compared to destroying the enviroment, waging war on a country that wasn't even involved in 9/11, killing/bombing/slaughtering innocent men, women and children(but they're not American, so I guess that's o.k.) and giving to the rich to weaken the poor. This man is the anti-christ as far as I'm concerned. I am ashamed to call him the President.
On the bright side (YES, there is one!), there is still hope and it lies with us! We have to continue to speak out for our beliefs and spread peace, love and truth however we can. I am proud to say (and truly believe) that our generation and our children's will change the world. We have to stay strong and keep teaching our children our core values: peace, love, understanding, acceptance, respect for diversity and our beautiful planet.
post #36 of 50
djinneyah's post made me :Puke
I do remember hearing about this a few years ago, thinking that something like that would never pass, but now that the republican's control everything I'm not so sure.
God help us all. The OP was very eloquent and is exactly how I feel today. I have never been so ashamed to be an American. I, like so many of you, would also be out of this country in a heartbeat if I had the money and could pack up my immediate and extended family with me. If things get bad enough, I may have to leave in order to feel safe. I hope it doesn't get that bad though and that there will be some kind of justice for how corrupt this administration is.
post #37 of 50
What a heartfelt post. I don't agree with all of it but I feel your pain.

And to the person who mentioned Canada's or France's taxes...

Check out Maine's tax burden. It's only 1-2 percent off of France, depending on one's individual property taxes, with NONE of the benefits.

Now, I like my lefty town very much and don't plan to move but wanted to correct your assumption that everywhere in the US has lower tax rates than Canada.

Democracy is a painful experience, isn't it? We had better be prepared to debrief the Iraqis about it when they have their supposed election in Jan.
post #38 of 50
I feel like the evil empire has taken hold. I am so hurt and disappointed and angry.
post #39 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena
ITA with the OP.

He is NOT my president, elected, selected, or otherwise. I will NEVER get behind that evil chimpanzee of a fraud. I cannot believe anyone believes a word that comes from his mouth, and those that believe he is a real Christian shock me the most.

I am sad, shocked, and deeply embarrassed today. I hope all of the people that voted for him and his evil empire enjoy it when their children are drafted and their social security goes to repaying the largest deficit/debt in America's history. When the environment is trashed and there is no middle class, when terrorism against the US becomes a franchise and hundreds of thousands have died, when we are totally alienated from the rest of the world... enjoy what you reap. I hope it was worth it.

IMO, today's outcome says that the majority in the country are motivated primarly by FEAR, money, and their religious views. Or should I say, trying to "spread" their religious views to the rest of us who stand firm with the constitution that there be a separation of church and state.
post #40 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenkids
George Bush is not my president.
He never will be my president.
I will not accept his policies, his warmongering, his lies and deciet.
I will not accept the crimes he has commited against the international community, and against the American people.
I am deeply ashamed of the Americans who support this beast, this nemesis of peace, this horrific, inexcusable, insufferable idiot of a man.
I will hang my head in shame every single day because I am an American, whose own people have helped bring dishonour and disgrace on our country, whose once proud nation is now simutaneously the laughing stock and the feared intimidator of the world.
Much like the schoolyard bully, we are being mocked while we are feared. Like the schoolyard bully, those we oppress will band together to bring us down. All bullies eventually fall, and America is no exception.
Our days of being a great nation are ending.
I am terribly afraid, for he safety of my brothers and 4 sons.
I am afraid we will become the battle ground for the next world war.
I am afraid my rights and the rights of my children will continue to be systematically stripped and destroyed.
One day we will tell our children, in quiet whispers and in fear, of the once great nation of yesteryears.

The Dark Ages of America have begun.

Those who blindly screamed the slogans, swallowed and regurgitated the rhetoric, remained blissfully ignorant of the magnitude of their choices and prayed for four more years of war and bloodshed shall surely get what they deserve.

But it's not what I deserved and not what I should reap.

I have not sowed the seeds of this evil empire, and I shall not remain to witness the wicked fruits of this unethical and immoral lack of judgement come to bear.
yes, thank you, thank you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Activism and News
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › Activism and News › Absolutely Not