I have been a "single mom" for 3 1/2 years (hard to believe). The divorce was final 3 years after he moved out (yes, it can take that long when one person drags their heels--the person who wanted out, no less).
Anyway, I haven't felt like loving this single life much in the 3 1/2 years, but maybe I am getting there now. Things that are better:
1. Not feeling like I have commited a sin when I go to the dry cleaner or have a cleaning lady
2. Not feeling resentful because my "partner" doesn't do my perception of "his share" since he simply isn't here to do it
3. Having the house SO much neater and nicer because I don't share it with a slob who does not care any more
4. Feeling incredibly competent: got a new career; quite good at it; pay the bills; keep our lives in a semblance of order
5. Amazed at how civilly I can treat X
6. Beginning to have a social life that involves inviting people over again after years of being overwhelmed by that and resentful of X's lack of help
There is lots that is much harder, but I would not go back to married life with him, so that tells me this is better even if it wasn't originally my idea.