Latest update: Saw the MFM specialist today. He didn't really tell me anything I didn't know. I am going to have to do the Lovenox, but thankfully, the doseage he figured for me makes it a once a day thing. I've heard of twice a day (or 3 times for regular heparin). Also, dh went with me and learned to give the shots, so at least I can just close my eyes and get it over with rather than agonizing over sticking myself. Plus that opens up more areas to inject into...spread out any bruising and hopefully find some spots that aren't too painful. The nurse did the back of my arm today and it was NO GOOD. Still hurts.
Originally Posted by flyingspaghettimama
Well, you'd probably just get used to the shots, you know? It would become a new sort of normal. I totally get you though, I had no worries about needles until after my first Pre-E experience and the every-half-hour blood draws. Since then...blech!
Yeah, I'm hoping. I was never good with needles, but I could deal, until the first bout of pre-e and all those blood draws. I swear I left the hospital looking like a drug abuser...needle marks and bruises all up and down both arms.
Turned in my baseline 24 hour urine and got that blood draw (2 sticks in one day...dh felt sorry for me and took me out to lunch.
). Anyone remember off the top of their head how long those results take? My bp was down, yay. I think it may be the beginning of the standard second trimester drop, I'm 13w2d today. But I'll take it. No meds for that yet.
I may switch my care completely over to this doc. I really like my current OB for most things, but since I've had 2 previous sections she just wants to schedule another for 39 wks. This guy said because of the issues the clotting disorders can cause with the placenta, he feels it's better not to go past 40 weeks and defintely not past 41. So he wants to pick a date that we'd go no later than, schedule the section, but if I go into labor naturally before that, he implied he'd be ok with VBA2C. He just won't induce, and I agree, I would not choose to be induced after my own research on VBA2C. It's not perfect, but at least his plan makes sense
. He also asked if I planned to bf, and when I said YES! told me that was great, we'd just switch to Coumadin after the baby is born, since I'll need blood thinners for 6 more weeks, but apparently Lovenox and heparin are no-nos for bf.
Scheduled the big u/s for the end of June, now I just have to get back in to see my regular OB before that and decide if I'm sticking with her or transferring care.
DynamicDoula, how are things going for you?