I came across this thread via another pregnancy forum community member, who suggested I read it and maybe pose my problem/delema to you smart ladies.
I will, on Thursday, be 37weeks. About 4 weeks ago I was told that I'd developed pre-e.
My Blood Pressure was consistantly running 150's-160's/90's-100's when it had previously been normal.
I started getting headaches with dancing lights
My swelling (which previously had been minimal) became insane, in fact, as I type this my hands are so swollen that all the nerves in them have been pinched off and I can't feel them from my palms to my fingertips (they estimate based on weight gain in the last month that I'm carrying around 25lbs of water that simply will not flush out of my body)
I'm spilling some (although not tons apparently) of protien in my urine.
I was placed on bedrest three weeks ago. And honestly it hasn't done a thing for any of this...
On Saturday (2-12-05) I was hospitalized because I'd gotten extremely warm and dizzy, suddenly got a headache, saw those dancing lights and fainted to the floor. When I went in my BP was 171/111, and though it decreased during my stay, it never went below 137/86 even when they took it in the morning right after I woke up.
The OB on duty wasn't the midwife who normally sees me at my prenatals/NSTs, nor was he the OB that my midwife reports to. He decided that I don't have it at all... that the symptoms are all a coinincidence (he said the headaches are migraines, for which he tried to give me Motrin IB which I was told NOT to take, the swelling is simply that I eat too much salt -which I avoid-... etc...)
And he said that my BP is a "bit high" but will come down with bedrest.
And he didn't draw my blood to do bloodwork... I'm not even sure he looked at my chart all that closely.
It kind of felt like he was trying to tell me something I wanted to hear rather than truly evaluating what was going on...
He's also gone ahead and made me extremely nervous since he decided to cancel the induction I was supposed to get on Friday, and I won't see my midwife until Thursday next week because she's out of town at a conference.
I don't understand how I can have it, and then suddenly not have it, and I feel as if this doctor is brushing it off. By no means do I WANT to have it, but if I do I'd like it to be taken seriously. He seems very much like he wants to give out a quick solution, and after reading the original post and the following replies I fear that something very severe could happen to me and/or my child simply because this guy has decided he knows better than the woman who has been providing care for me because she's "just a midwife".
So I guess my problem/question is... can pre-e just "go away" without delivery? I've never heard of this happening before... If it's not possible that it just went away on it's own, how to do I confront the hospital about this without damaging the relationships between me and the people who may end up being there when I deliver my child? I feel like I'm on thin-ice here... but I also don't feel like I was taken seriously.
Any suggestions/replies/ideas/anything would be extremely welcome!