or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is the worst movie you have ever seen? - Page 20

post #381 of 470
I am beyond shocked that no one has mentioned the worst movie ever:

Breakdown.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.
post #382 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldadeedlit View Post
ok don't know if anybody has mentioned this, but Manos the Hands of Fate!! That movie is awful!.
Watch the MST3K version not the regular version.

It is the only movie MST3K apologized for doing as the movie was just TOO bad.
post #383 of 470
Tommy. Hands down. The scene where Ann-Margret loses it in her white bedroom with all the broken mirrors, that alone, OMG, it's just so BAD ...

I mean, it's JUST. SO. BAD. Most really, really bad movies make me laugh from their sheer badness, but I couldn't laugh at Tommy because it was too bad. The badness transcended humor and became simply the vortex of suck.

Dishonorable Mentions:
  • Neighbors, with Belushi and Aykroyd
  • Moving Violations, with Fred Willard
  • every single movie Christopher Guest has ever made with the notable exception of This is Spinal Tap
  • every Austin Powers movie (don't tell my husband, they're his favorite
  • Thunderball; omg the special effects!
  • Plan 9 From Outer Space - don't let hipsters recommend movies

I should really stop, because truth be told, if I were asked to make a list of movies that DON'T suck really bad, it would probably be shorter. I think the vast majority of all movies that have ever been made are huge wastes of time, energy, and resources.

s off to watch TV:
post #384 of 470
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug View Post
[*]I should really stop, because truth be told, if I were asked to make a list of movies that DON'T suck really bad, it would probably be shorter. I think the vast majority of all movies that have ever been made are huge wastes of time, energy, and resources.

s off to watch TV:

And TV is better?
post #385 of 470
Right, see, that was the self-immolating irony. TV isn't any better, but at least after watching a bad TV show, I've only lost a half-hour of my life instead of two and a half or more. Plus, TV is cheaper.

No, TV sucks too, but for some reason its base stupidity doesn't offend me as much as the propagandized social conditioning disguised as stupidity that seems to fill up most movies.
post #386 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseMomme View Post
Oh please dont' say Spiderman 3 sucks! : I have been dying to see it! Dh informed me today that he saw it last week and he said it did not blow away the first two at all and there were too many comic book plots shoved into one long movie. I'm so disappointed!
We saw that this week and thought it was really good. ButI know it doesn't stay true to the comic books if you're a purist. But I enjoyed it!

I also loved Titanic! LOVED it! Saw it multiple times in the theater! :

As for the Village it was decent. The ending was a shocker!!

Lady in the Water was odd. Too convoluted and wierd for me. But it was interesting.
post #387 of 470
Suspect Zero with Ben Kingsly. I actually fell asleep in the movie theater.
post #388 of 470
?
post #389 of 470
How about Don Johnson in 1975's "A Boy And His Dog" ?
post #390 of 470
i'm sorry, i haven't read this thread but it popped up on new posts and an answer immediately came to mind:

dr. t and the women

seriously, the worst movie ever made. so bad that still, all these years later, i laugh out loud with shock and amazement at how terrible it is.
post #391 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
We saw that this week and thought it was really good. ButI know it doesn't stay true to the comic books if you're a purist. But I enjoyed it!

I also loved Titanic! LOVED it! Saw it multiple times in the theater! :

As for the Village it was decent. The ending was a shocker!!
.
Yeah the ending of the Villiage made my head spin for sure! : Great ending, did not see it coming!

It's my Dh that is the purist, I'm more open to cimematic interpretations..as long as the acting is good and the plot isn't a yawner. You should hear me and dh go at it about LOTRs...it's world war three! : : : Quite comical to an outsider I'm sure "But I understand WHY they cut Tom Bombadil " "Tolkien is rolling in his grave!!!
post #392 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesface View Post
i'm sorry, i haven't read this thread but it popped up on new posts and an answer immediately came to mind:

dr. t and the women

seriously, the worst movie ever made. so bad that still, all these years later, i laugh out loud with shock and amazement at how terrible it is.
OOOO, that IS a bad one! Thanks for reminding me!

Midnight Madness jumped into my head just now - Michael J. Fox's first movie. Peeeee-yew!
post #393 of 470
Quote:
every single movie Christopher Guest has ever made with the notable exception of This is Spinal Tap
Even the Princess Bride? How can anyone not like the Princess Bride?
post #394 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseMomme View Post
You should hear me and dh go at it about LOTRs...it's world war three! : : : Quite comical to an outsider I'm sure "But I understand WHY they cut Tom Bombadil " "Tolkien is rolling in his grave!!!
I was ticked about Tom Bombadil too!! I was evern more hacked that they didn't show Aragorn and Arwen's wedding!! And the cleansing of the Sire was important too! So important!!

I have learned to deal with book to movie adaptations in only one way. Don't read the book for at LEAST 6 months before you see the movie. Then you won't be so outraged when they butcher it!!

We went to go see the last Harry Potter film right after I'd reread the Goblet of Fire and I was SO MAD!! They left out and changed so much!! So now I don't reread the books right before I see them!! And I try to let the moives stand on their own...But it's hard!!

I think it would be really hard to turn a comic book into a movie. Especially since there are like 8 billion Spiderman comics in print now!!
post #395 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseMomme View Post
Oh please dont' say Spiderman 3 sucks! : I have been dying to see it! Dh informed me today that he saw it last week and he said it did not blow away the first two at all and there were too many comic book plots shoved into one long movie. I'm so disappointed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
We saw that this week and thought it was really good. ButI know it doesn't stay true to the comic books if you're a purist. But I enjoyed it!

I really liked Spiderman 3- but I am NOT a comic book purist. In fact, Joe was telling his dad on the phone about the Spiderman with fangs. Apparently that's Venom... : who knew??
post #396 of 470
Glengarry Glenn Ross
SpaceBalls (I walked out when they began combing the desert...with an actual comb )
The Orphan
post #397 of 470
The worst movie I can remember was "The Saint." Boy did I laugh.
post #398 of 470
I'm not sure if it's the WORST movie, but Final Destination 1 and 2 were quite good. If you're into the horror stuff, i'd recommend watching 1 before 2. I saw 2 before 1, and while that is possible (since they're two seperate movies), the dialogue in FD 2 references the events in FD 1 a few times.

So, it pays to watch 1, then 2.

Final Destination 3, OTOH, was not scary and predictable.
post #399 of 470
This is a loooong thread. How about Eragon? I read the book and it was okay, not the best read, but okay. The movie is not okay. It's boooring and choppy and really makes no sense whatsoever. On the bright side my 7 and 5 year old thought it was cool. The dragon and other animation was pretty good.
The fifth element with Bruce Willis was awful.
post #400 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sweeties1Angel View Post
Even the Princess Bride? How can anyone not like the Princess Bride?
Well, I'm not quite sure what my exact *process* is, but I can tell you this: it's easy!

alsoSarah
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Books, Music, and Media
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › What is the worst movie you have ever seen?