UUUGGGHHH, rough dayJust FYI, for those that don't know. I had PIH with my last preg that developed into pre-eclamsia at 36-37 weeks and spent 5 weeks on bedrest. I have had PIH since I very first became preg this time, so they are watching me closely.
Yesterday started out good, but went down hill from there. My MIL came out to babysit me girls because I had several appt (ultrasound, NST, doc). I normally would pull DD#1 out of school for the day, but it was her Valentines party, so MIL volenteered to come down. We live about 1 hour and 20 min from town, so it is a full day event! We had had a very busy day Sunday, and I did not drink enough, so I stopped just before the u/s and bought a big bottle each of Gaterade and water and drank them before the appt. The u/s went great. Baby is most definatly a girl! and is measuring 2-3 weeks ahead. THis is important because PIH babies tend to not grow as well and be behind. They estimated her weight at 5 lbs 2oz (33 weeks, 2 days).
After that I headed up to the hospital for my weekly NST. Normally, my first bp is high (155/100) then regulated to 130-140 /80-85. Well my first pressure was 165/109! It stayed there for over an hour (I had several nurses VERY conserned!). They drew labs to see how my body was responding to these high pressures and I had lots of water and something to drink. (BTW baby was doing awesome and it seemed to have no effect on her ). After another hour of so my pressures started to come down and finally regulated at 140/100 and stayed there for the next hour and a half. My labs all came back very normal, so they finally released me!
I still had to go to my doc appt. This is where I Love my ob! He came in and rubbed my back and apologised for my bad day . Because my labs and everything else they can determine look fine, except for my bp, he said to go home and take it easy, but not to go on bedrest. Last preg, this seemed to make it worse. He said to listen to my body and do what it told me and if I feel "off" to come in. We also talked about and decided to do the steroid shots to mature the babies lungs. So I have to go to town today again to do the other shot and turn in my 24 hour urine test. He said he will do everything he can do to have me hold out untill 36 weeks, but baby can come anytime after that - that is March 6 - I am so not ready!
Well, thanks for listening and I hope you all have much better days!