or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Organize & Declutter › I think I figured out why Flylady has you wear shoes all day...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I think I figured out why Flylady has you wear shoes all day...

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Ok, I'm not a Flybaby. I got to the part about wearing shoes all day in the house, snarfed my tea and said I can figure out how to keep my house clean without having a guru

But, I think I figured out why she insists on the shoes.

It's because you spend so much time cleaning, your babies find they have to nuk on your toes when they want lovin'.

I was standing in the kitchen washing dishes, and Anika was crawling around the floor near me. She was brushing up against my ankles, and next thing I know, she's sucking on my big toe.

EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW (where's a clinging-to-the-ceiling smiley when you need one?)

I guess that was her way of saying I've done enough housework this morning...
post #2 of 26
:LOL

That made me chuckle out loud.
post #3 of 26
:
post #4 of 26
post #5 of 26
LOL!

Yes, that MUST be the reason.
post #6 of 26
I found out why when I opened the fridge door to fix a snack and the half full bottle of tequila fell on my toe and broke it. If I had had on shoes, it probably would've been bruised instead of broke. Of course, it is my husband's fault for insisting it be stored on top of the fridge.
post #7 of 26
Ugh! Toe sucking! Poor baby, you've absolutely done enough for one day when that happens.

Flylady wears her shoes because her feet stinkn!

I hate Flylady. WHy can't I clean barefoot?
post #8 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboroson
I was standing in the kitchen washing dishes, and Anika was crawling around the floor near me. She was brushing up against my ankles, and next thing I know, she's sucking on my big toe.
:LOL Hey, at least she didn't resort to attempting to nurse from the DOG like Kailey did when she was about 9 months old :LOL
post #9 of 26
well, I guess I'll be the yin to your yang - DS (6 months) rolled across the living room floor yesterday afternoon and started sucking on my shoe. when I took that away from him he started sucking on the cat's tail. luckily, it is a tolerant cat.
post #10 of 26
:LOL

Im not a shoe in house person either. One reason why I chucked flylady from my house.

These stories are great!!
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty Diva
:LOL Hey, at least she didn't resort to attempting to nurse from the DOG like Kailey did when she was about 9 months old :LOL


OMGosh!!!


:




::ff to put some shoes on!!!:::
post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBug & BabyBug
well, I guess I'll be the yin to your yang - DS (6 months) rolled across the living room floor yesterday afternoon and started sucking on my shoe. when I took that away from him he started sucking on the cat's tail. luckily, it is a tolerant cat.
:
post #13 of 26
I get the Flylady emails but I use what works for me and ignore the rest.

I DO follow her advice to get fully dressed, including hair and face, before starting my day. The shoe thing doesn't work for me so I just ignore that part. My boots go on when I'm ready to walk out the door and they come off when I walk in.
post #14 of 26
post #15 of 26
hm, she says you have to wear shoes all day? what's up with that? we're shoe free inside because it's messy to wear them inside!
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Ugh! Flylady wears her shoes because her feet stinkn!

I hate Flylady. WHy can't I clean barefoot?
My feet feel confined and I agree maybe her feet stink!

My daughter never nursed the dog- she tried dh when she was 3 days old and he was holding her. He let out a wail!
post #17 of 26
If i wear shoes all day the kids don' freak out thinking I am leaving when I am not. They also don't notice if I run outside to get the mail/paper/dog mess.

And my favorite reason for wearing shoes? I don't have to pick them up if they are on someone's feet.
post #18 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st
My daughter never nursed the dog- she tried dh when she was 3 days old and he was holding her. He let out a wail!

:LOL A friend's daughter did that to her daddy once. My friend, standing in the bathroom, heard "Decorative, non-functional! Decorative, non-functional!" being wailed back in the bedroom. Ran back to discover her husband who couldn't figure out how to un-latch the baby...
post #19 of 26
Quote:
A friend's daughter did that to her daddy once. My friend, standing in the bathroom, heard "Decorative, non-functional! Decorative, non-functional!" being wailed back in the bedroom. Ran back to discover her husband who couldn't figure out how to un-latch the baby...

I laughed loud enough to get my 3 yr old to ask me what wasso funny. he didn't think it was quite as funny as I did.
post #20 of 26
Flylady lost me with "now fill up your sink with bleach...."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Organize & Declutter
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Organize & Declutter › I think I figured out why Flylady has you wear shoes all day...