I am "with" many of the posters here. I was induced with Cytotech at 41.2 weeks with my DS, and needed a vacuum delivery. I do not want that to happen again. I want to take EPO, have lots of sex, I would even resort to the more.... hard-core of natural induction methods like black/blue cohash, if I knew/believed it worked, but as it's been stated before- we don't know what really works outside of going in, getting an IV drip or unapproved ulcer treating drug pushed into our cervix, and then often ending up with a C anyway. It is so frusterating.
I know that for ~me~ I may have very well went into labor in my own within a few days or a week after my induction, but we'll never know, and that not knowing makes me nervous as heck.
I've got my midwife, I've planned my homebirth, but if I don't go into labor on my own, all that planning (and the money I have paid my MW) are down the drain and I end up in the hospital with a medical induction.
Sorry... rant over. Just wanted to let you all know I'm there with you.
AmiBeth, I would just wait until 37 weeks or so to start EPO. I do believe that for most people, it really won't *do* anything, unless you are on the verge of going into labor yourself, anyways. I know you may not want to hear that, but I think that's how it is. I wish you luck (and me too!!) despite what I hear and believe.