or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › Can someone please explain to me what is going on here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can someone please explain to me what is going on here? - Page 6

post #101 of 160
UsAmma, you are always such a wonderful peacekeeper
post #102 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAmma
Keep in mind that these same hyenas also donate diapers for free to moms, or fairy them anonymously. The diapering community is so very generous.
Since cd exists so much on the margins in our society, I think anything we can do to nurture generosity among cd is valuable and important.
post #103 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady
Agreeing with the majority. It's a complete turn-off. And not only is it really NOT classy to hoard hyena diapers and sell for a profit, but what's with all these women who stockpile TONS and TONS of these so-called "hyena" diapers only to show them off on picture threads? These are the moms who have 4 or 5 weeks worth of diapers at their disposal when some of us struggle to get 2 days worth of diapers. I understand some of us are in better financial situations but why stalk the TP looking for great deals, while snatching them away from people who really need them? Seems a bit much, doesn't it? Like taking a lollipop from a child. And TRADING hyena things for other hyena things. These moms won't even accept paypal for those willing to put themselves into hock to TRY one of these diapers or wool. IMHO, "hyenas" have become some bizarre cult. I too am addicted to LOOKING at diapers and love to pet my fluff but for once I'm with my hubby when I say, "they POOP in these things, relax!" Thank goodness I'm okay with prefolds and trying to learn to knit so I can afford wool over my girl's bottom. I'm lucky in that I now have 2wool covers because a mom on here was kind enough to help me out, otherwise we'd be stuck with one that we pray doesn't get dirty.

Meg
Your post feels judgmental and condescending. This whole thread just reeks of finger pointing and accusations and assumptions. I do understand some of the sentiment and I agreed that this place is not about the technical aspects of cding, it is more for collectors. I do not think though that that means you are greedy if you enjoy that side of it. There are people all over the world who have hobbies and spend time collecting rare and hard to find items. Like stamps, baseball cards, and orchids! I do the same thing when it comes to cloth diapers because it is one of the only hobbies I can find that I can do that involves my child. I am a SAHM and this is something I can do that is also a functional hobby, we actually use these diapers too. So what if I have way more than my baby needs?? Should we have some kind of cloth diaper government that controls how many diapers we can each have? Like diaper socialism? Should there be a quota on the amount of hyena diapers we can have and once we've reached it we're not allowed to have more? Who decides how many diapers my baby and other mama's babies need? Who is in charge of figuring out how it gets distributed fairly among all the cd mamas? What happens to the cd market when everyone has the amount they are allowed to have, what happens to WAHMs that make their living from making diapers?

There is no reason you should have to struggle to get 2 days worth of diapers. There are plenty of readily available diapers- prefolds, Sugarpeas sidesnappers which I think are great, tykies, even fireflies. There is a bigger selection of readily available, beautiful diapers than ever before. If it's for financial reasons that you have to slowly accumulate diapers, than how does me or anyone else having the money for some and buying some take away from you if you have to budget and slowly buy? I'm not taking away from you if it's not something you're going to buy anyway. Please do ask for help if you don't know where to look or if you need some help setting up your initial stash, mamas here are very generous and would be glad to help.

As far as trading hyena items for other hyena items, I don't have a problem with that. If I have an ISO list and know that LCs work better for my ds than any other diaper and that they are hard to get, I don't feel one bit guilty for offering up my kiwi pie that I just never seem to use because my ds is always coverless now that it's warm, for trade for an LC that someone else might not be using much because maybe they've found they prefer sidesnapping diapers. There are many times I've tried to trade something and when it didn't happen, I did pm the first mama who asked to have it if I sold it, and offered it to her for what I paid. I didn't sell it for a big profit or expect someone to grovel and beg for it. I think if someone is willing to put themselves into hock, as you say, for a diaper, that is what is unhealthy. But it's also not my business what other people spend their money on. I don't have to justify to anyone else the amount of time or money I spend on my hobby. My husband and I both work hard and spend our money on what we see fit. When finances were tight I happily used prefolds and BSWWs. Now that we can afford it I buy things that are fun for me to use and take the drudgery out of a chore that I have been doing for years on end. (Diaper changing). Should that be another job of the cloth diaper government to decide on how much each person should be allowed to spend on diapers?

I enjoy the diaper stash threads personally, so many diapering items are absolute works of art. It's a lot of fun to look at what people have collected. I had my stash link in my sig very briefly and this is why I took it out, because of all the assumptions. I am tired of it being assumed that you are greedy and spending money you don't have if you have a lot of hyena items. It just sounds like sour grapes. And for those who do collect hyena items, we're not stalking the tp for a deal and snatching it from moms who really need it. We're at the tp hoping to find a unique item that we pay a lot of money for, we're not looking for bargains. There will be plenty there for the mamas who need it. Yes, sometimes the emphasis here is a little too much on buying things, and there can be too much of a feeling of status attached to having a certain kind of diaper. I, for one, though choose to believe that mamas who have lots of FCB aios for example, have them because they love them and use them, not just so they can show them off in pictures and feel powerful that they have them. I have a lot of LCs and elbees because I truly love them and use them. The things I don't use I have sold so a mama who will loves them can use them.

Please, can we all just get along? :LOL Honestly, hyenas and frugal diaperers, collectors and simplifying mamas, can we just appreciate that we cd for different reasons but still all share the same basic love of cloth?
post #104 of 160
hmmm interesting...not sure how anyone could be "stuck" with one wool cover (or anything else for that matter. There are lots of wool covers in stock out there...many for good prices too! There are also lots of knitted items available these days. The idea that there is scarcity in the diapering world is rather silly IMO. But then if you hang around long enough what's hot and very hard to get one month will not be the same the next. All things go in cycles. It's not like you can ONLY cloth diaper if you have a certain diaper and/or cover!

Personally....I don't care what anyone does. I do tend to personally stay clear of the threads that are desperate pleas for funds because someone can't pay their bills or whatever. I have a really hard time with those for some reason.
post #105 of 160
I am a newbie here and I must say that reading all of this is making me not even want to be able to get into the TP if there is going to be this sort of stuff going on there.There are alot of diapers I want to try since I am new to cloth diapering and I only have Wonderoos.I see cute prints and wonder if those diapers are as good or better than what I have but everything always says SOLD OUT so I sit and wait till they are restocked only to find out that everything was bought within 5 mins of the stocking.How is a new person able to buy and try something if people are buying them just for the sake of buying them either to show them off as a status thing or only to sell them for money than they paid for them? Yes its America you can do what you want but is it ethical? I don't think so! I see in peoples siggys that they have STASH pages and while ti is cute to see it seems like this place is more of a staus place like looky how much money we have spent on our diapers and look how much money we can spend in one shopping day on diapers.Its like nothin here is in casual convo its in a BLOWN IN YOUR FACE loooky looky kind of way.Its like lets see who can spend the most on a pair of wool shorts and see who can have the most of that particular item or style of thing.Its not a casual thing here though its a harsh in your face kind of thing and new people like me feel like we aren't in the IN CROWD just because we ask questions on things and because we don't own any of this stuff.Now if I wanted to be in your face type like I see alot of people doing I could hang with the best of them and buy all kinds of that expensive stuff you guys buy however I think alot of it is overpriced and not really every day stuff to me.I think having stuff that my hubby can use easily and stuff that is easy to wash without having to do all this special stuff to is what works for us. I guess I never thought that when I got into this I would be feeling like I was in grade school having to compete with my clothes.Only now its not my clothes but what I put on babys butt!
OH and one other thing thats a perfect example! I posted a question of where it was that i coudl go to get used diapers besides ebay and there was all kinds of views to see what I had wrote yet NO ONE wanted to tell me where it was that I could go probably for fear that they would be inviting someone to a place that they could take something they possibly might want.That my friend is greedy selfishness! I find a sale some place I am telling the world about it so they can save money too.I don't keep it to myself so I can hoard it all.Maybe my values are different but I always try to help people and I don't see that here at all.
post #106 of 160
Before my fellow hyenas think I've defected, I just want to say that I don't think there's anything wrong with having as large a stash of hyena diapers as you want. I'd do it myself if I had the money. If you want to criticize people for "not living simply" or overconsuming resources or harming the environment, pick on someone who's supporting the Pampers corporation, for goodness sake!

And yes, I am poor, but diapers are my only indulgence. I literally have no other luxuries. Also, I would be poor with or without the diaper habit. Diapers are not what's keeping me in the poorhouse. I currently have no hyena items in my stash. I have only ever had a few, and yes, I had to sell them one month when I had forgotten to pay my electric bill the previous month and I suddenly got a disconnect notice. And yes, I do stalk hyena items, but that doesn't mean I ever successfully buy them! :LOL There are a few things I've never tried that I'd like to try (I would probably sell them after I tried them out), so I keep trying to score them. It probably seems like I'm buying things all the time but all I'm doing is trying to buy them and failing. If I ever succeed, you will stop seeing all the posts from me saying I'm trying to buy it, because that will be it for me. All I want to do is try one of them.
post #107 of 160
I don't take it personally if people want to show off their stash of hyena dipes, any more than I take it personally if the person in front of my is driving a Lexus. If they have the $$ to spend, then why not?
post #108 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisubaby
OH and one other thing thats a perfect example! I posted a question of where it was that i coudl go to get used diapers besides ebay and there was all kinds of views to see what I had wrote yet NO ONE wanted to tell me where it was that I could go probably for fear that they would be inviting someone to a place that they could take something they possibly might want.That my friend is greedy selfishness! I find a sale some place I am telling the world about it so they can save money too.I don't keep it to myself so I can hoard it all.Maybe my values are different but I always try to help people and I don't see that here at all.

Maybe some of us don't buy other places. I personally buy off the tp, ebay, and at sheknows cd board. I'm sure there's plenty of places out there, diaperpin is one that comes to mind, but I don't look there.
As far as helping people, I have offered things to many mamas ffs or to ship to them to try before they invest. That knida stuff usually goes on in PMs and e-mail than being broadcast on the boards, so of course it's not obvious. There's plenty of that going on too.
Stick around, and you'll see we're not all selfish and greedy.
post #109 of 160
But you are only looking at the at the moment hot hyena item. What about looking around the other wahms who readily have instock, often in the same prints and fabrics as the hot hyena item, but for less! There is a sub forum that above here that lists many many many other wahm websites you can browse, spread out and look around, I bet you will find your own great diaper wihtout the stress of trying to nab that hyena item.

For your other thread, just look around this forum there are always links to other sites to buy used dipes. www.wahmchicks.com is a current auction house being used a lot. there are also sites like www.orangestarfish.com and www.cashfordiapers.com (or www.cashfordipes.com? I cant recall exactly the addy)

There are other forums as well at ww.sheknows.com www.diaperpin.com www.amitysworld.com & www.delphiforums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisubaby
I am a newbie here and I must say that reading all of this is making me not even want to be able to get into the TP if there is going to be this sort of stuff going on there.There are alot of diapers I want to try since I am new to cloth diapering and I only have Wonderoos.I see cute prints and wonder if those diapers are as good or better than what I have but everything always says SOLD OUT so I sit and wait till they are restocked only to find out that everything was bought within 5 mins of the stocking.How is a new person able to buy and try something if people are buying them just for the sake of buying them either to show them off as a status thing or only to sell them for money than they paid for them? Yes its America you can do what you want but is it ethical? I don't think so! I see in peoples siggys that they have STASH pages and while ti is cute to see it seems like this place is more of a staus place like looky how much money we have spent on our diapers and look how much money we can spend in one shopping day on diapers.Its like nothin here is in casual convo its in a BLOWN IN YOUR FACE loooky looky kind of way.Its like lets see who can spend the most on a pair of wool shorts and see who can have the most of that particular item or style of thing.Its not a casual thing here though its a harsh in your face kind of thing and new people like me feel like we aren't in the IN CROWD just because we ask questions on things and because we don't own any of this stuff.Now if I wanted to be in your face type like I see alot of people doing I could hang with the best of them and buy all kinds of that expensive stuff you guys buy however I think alot of it is overpriced and not really every day stuff to me.I think having stuff that my hubby can use easily and stuff that is easy to wash without having to do all this special stuff to is what works for us. I guess I never thought that when I got into this I would be feeling like I was in grade school having to compete with my clothes.Only now its not my clothes but what I put on babys butt!
OH and one other thing thats a perfect example! I posted a question of where it was that i coudl go to get used diapers besides ebay and there was all kinds of views to see what I had wrote yet NO ONE wanted to tell me where it was that I could go probably for fear that they would be inviting someone to a place that they could take something they possibly might want.That my friend is greedy selfishness! I find a sale some place I am telling the world about it so they can save money too.I don't keep it to myself so I can hoard it all.Maybe my values are different but I always try to help people and I don't see that here at all.
post #110 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisubaby
I am a newbie here and I must say that reading all of this is making me not even want to be able to get into the TP if there is going to be this sort of stuff going on there.There are alot of diapers I want to try since I am new to cloth diapering and I only have Wonderoos.I see cute prints and wonder if those diapers are as good or better than what I have but everything always says SOLD OUT so I sit and wait till they are restocked only to find out that everything was bought within 5 mins of the stocking.How is a new person able to buy and try something if people are buying them just for the sake of buying them either to show them off as a status thing or only to sell them for money than they paid for them? Yes its America you can do what you want but is it ethical? I don't think so! I see in peoples siggys that they have STASH pages and while ti is cute to see it seems like this place is more of a staus place like looky how much money we have spent on our diapers and look how much money we can spend in one shopping day on diapers.Its like nothin here is in casual convo its in a BLOWN IN YOUR FACE loooky looky kind of way.Its like lets see who can spend the most on a pair of wool shorts and see who can have the most of that particular item or style of thing.Its not a casual thing here though its a harsh in your face kind of thing and new people like me feel like we aren't in the IN CROWD just because we ask questions on things and because we don't own any of this stuff.Now if I wanted to be in your face type like I see alot of people doing I could hang with the best of them and buy all kinds of that expensive stuff you guys buy however I think alot of it is overpriced and not really every day stuff to me.I think having stuff that my hubby can use easily and stuff that is easy to wash without having to do all this special stuff to is what works for us. I guess I never thought that when I got into this I would be feeling like I was in grade school having to compete with my clothes.Only now its not my clothes but what I put on babys butt!
OH and one other thing thats a perfect example! I posted a question of where it was that i coudl go to get used diapers besides ebay and there was all kinds of views to see what I had wrote yet NO ONE wanted to tell me where it was that I could go probably for fear that they would be inviting someone to a place that they could take something they possibly might want.That my friend is greedy selfishness! I find a sale some place I am telling the world about it so they can save money too.I don't keep it to myself so I can hoard it all.Maybe my values are different but I always try to help people and I don't see that here at all.
Wow that's pretty harsh!

Maybe you don't know how many on these forums donate to other mama's for all sorts of causes.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience in being new here.

While this thread may have all sorts of things written in it....I think once you are able to go on the TP you may not find it quite as it may seem from reading this thread! There are lots of threads that are Free For Shipping and all sorts of things. We do Diaper Fairying too...something that I believe was started here and other sites are now doing.

Yes I am one that has pictures of what we have in our current rotation. I certainly don't see it as any sort of competition or showing off. I just like our stuff and people have asked to see different things over time and I keep it in an album. I sometimes like to look at other people's items...I get all sorts of ideas from doing this. So I just figure there are others that might like to look to. I have a couple of items that I guess would be considered Hyena. I've had lots of different things over our diapering days. Some things I've had LOTS of that maybe were very easy to get at the time and then later became Hyena. Because they were pictured somewhere doesn't mean it's showing off to someone - I just picture what we have and use. Yes there will be threads of Show Me Your Stash or whatever....I think it's the same - it's just something fun and not meant to be anything more than that.

As far as stalking sites goes - everyone has the same opportunity in doing this. I understand the frustration in not being able to obtain items you want to try out. This is one of the reasons that we use what we use...I'm just not interested in that game personally.

Maybe there are some that go and buy certain diapers just because of the name and recognition and it's not about that they really like them best or it works best for them. I don't know.

I don't quite understand the idea of buying up a bunch of items just to sell...but then that's really up to the person buying it.
post #111 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer
If you want to criticize people for "not living simply" or overconsuming resources or harming the environment, pick on someone who's supporting the Pampers corporation, for goodness sake!
I really don't think people buy sposies cuz they are status items! But regardless, I truly don't mean to pick on anybody. I'm sorry if I have said anything that has hurt someone's feelings.
post #112 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisubaby
I posted a question of where it was that i coudl go to get used diapers besides ebay and there was all kinds of views to see what I had wrote yet NO ONE wanted to tell me where it was that I could go probably for fear that they would be inviting someone to a place that they could take something they possibly might want.That my friend is greedy selfishness! I find a sale some place I am telling the world about it so they can save money too.I don't keep it to myself so I can hoard it all.Maybe my values are different but I always try to help people and I don't see that here at all.
Cross posted with you and I just have to say I really disagree with this. The mamas here really do help everyone out and are always sharing information about sales, etc. Are you the one who asked what other sites sell used dipes other than ebay and orangestarfish? Because I honestly can't think of any other site, other than the trading post here! If someone had seen your thread and knew the answer to your question, they would have answered you, trust me! :
post #113 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldasMom
I really don't think people buy sposies cuz they are status items!
No, they don't. That's not what I was saying.
post #114 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisubaby
OH and one other thing thats a perfect example! I posted a question of where it was that i coudl go to get used diapers besides ebay and there was all kinds of views to see what I had wrote yet NO ONE wanted to tell me where it was that I could go probably for fear that they would be inviting someone to a place that they could take something they possibly might want.That my friend is greedy selfishness! I find a sale some place I am telling the world about it so they can save money too.I don't keep it to myself so I can hoard it all.Maybe my values are different but I always try to help people and I don't see that here at all.
As fasr as the rest of your post, I won't bother repeating everything I just wrote again. But I had to comment on this that I quoted. I saw your thread and didn't respond because I honestly did not know. I honestly don't buy very many used diapers and when I do, I prefer the TP and don't buy diapers anywhere else. Now that I think of it, you could try the She Knows Fluffy Classifieds Board. But I hadn't thought of that because when I go there I read the diapering board, but haven't bought from the FC as of yet. I think a lot of mamas probably didn't respond because they didn't know, not because they are greedy and keeping everything for themselves. I love these mamas and am sad to see you assuming the worst. And as far as not seeing people helping others here at all- you said you're a newbie right? Maybe you need to give it some time because that's not true at all! There have been so many times everyone here has organized donations for a needy mama or just something nice for someone who is down. The mamas here are very giving and do help out others.
post #115 of 160
newer mamas...don't fear the TP. It is a wonderful place
I have obtained probably 99% of my stash there and any problems there are few and far between.
post #116 of 160
[Please, can we all just get along? :LOL Honestly, hyenas and frugal diaperers, collectors and simplifying mamas, can we just appreciate that we cd for different reasons but still all share the same basic love of cloth? [/QUOTE]

Way to much to quote, but ITA!
post #117 of 160
I love looking at people's pictures of all their pretty diapers. I think they post them because they're pretty and they want to share that beauty with others. I don't think it has anything to do with status or "look how much money I can spend" or to rub it in anyone's face. If that's what it makes you think of, then it's valid that you have those feelings, but you are projecting those feelings onto people who don't have that intent.
post #118 of 160
To whomever accused the folks here of not helping out just so they can hoard... that's really not true and unfair. The women here are the most helpful CD advocates in the world... the reason that sometimes you don't get replies to threads like "What fitteds should I buy?" is because there have been about a million threads like that and sometimes I don't reply because I just feel like I have said it all a hundred times. If your thread gets no replies try doing a search, more than likely you will find the answers.

I also want to say that this thread is totally cyclical. I have been here about 2 years and I have seen this exact thread about 3 times.
post #119 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisubaby
I see cute prints and wonder if those diapers are as good or better than what I have but everything always says SOLD OUT so I sit and wait till they are restocked only to find out that everything was bought within 5 mins of the stocking.How is a new person able to buy and try something if people are buying them just for the sake of buying them either to show them off as a status thing or only to sell them for money than they paid for them?
That's kind of what a stocking means around here. 5 min. or less (usually less depending on what it is) and everything's usually gone. Join a Yahoo group so you can be clued in to when the stockings are. Usually stocking notices are posted here also, so I really don't buy the "feel sorry for me" attitude b/c you have just as much chance as the next person. And, what's wrong w/showing diapers off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisubaby
Yes its America you can do what you want but is it ethical? I don't think so! I see in peoples siggys that they have STASH pages and while ti is cute to see it seems like this place is more of a staus place like looky how much money we have spent on our diapers and look how much money we can spend in one shopping day on diapers.
I don't get the sentiment that people w/links to their stashes in their sigs are somehow better than other people?? If you had bothered to actually get to know mamas around here before making a statement like that, you'd see that it's all in good fun to show stashes off. It is the total opposite of what you're saying. I think most mamas here are far from rich, but this is one thing a lot of us feel that we can indulge ourselves in. It's more of a hobby than a "I spent more than you did today on diapers."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisubaby
Now if I wanted to be in your face type like I see alot of people doing I could hang with the best of them and buy all kinds of that expensive stuff you guys buy however I think alot of it is overpriced and not really every day stuff to me.
If you really knew and understood what kind of work goes into each and every diaper made by WAHMs, you might have a totally different outlook on this. Again, hang around and get to know mamas here before you think most are "in your face."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisubaby
I think having stuff that my hubby can use easily and stuff that is easy to wash without having to do all this special stuff to is what works for us. I guess I never thought that when I got into this I would be feeling like I was in grade school having to compete with my clothes.Only now its not my clothes but what I put on babys butt!
Great! That's what works for you. You have a system that works great for you and your DH, so why do you have to pick on others choices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisubaby
OH and one other thing thats a perfect example! I posted a question of where it was that i coudl go to get used diapers besides ebay and there was all kinds of views to see what I had wrote yet NO ONE wanted to tell me where it was that I could go probably for fear that they would be inviting someone to a place that they could take something they possibly might want.That my friend is greedy selfishness! I find a sale some place I am telling the world about it so they can save money too.I don't keep it to myself so I can hoard it all.Maybe my values are different but I always try to help people and I don't see that here at all.
That was NOT greedy selfishness at all, IMO. This board moves very quickly some days and it's very easy for threads to get buried. I don't think anyone was intentionally trying to keep a secret from you. Honestly, you need to hang around here more and get to know people before you start accusing all of us of being selfish greeds!
post #120 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisubaby
How is a new person able to buy and try something if people are buying them just for the sake of buying them either to show them off as a status thing or only to sell them for money than they paid for them? Yes its America you can do what you want but is it ethical? I don't think so! I see in peoples siggys that they have STASH pages and while ti is cute to see it seems like this place is more of a staus place like looky how much money we have spent on our diapers and look how much money we can spend in one shopping day on diapers.Its like nothin here is in casual convo its in a BLOWN IN YOUR FACE loooky looky kind of way.Its like lets see who can spend the most on a pair of wool shorts and see who can have the most of that particular item or style of thing.
I didn't want to quote everything since it was kind of long, but I'd like to comment on your post. I think you've got it all wrong. The term hyena was coined over 2 years ago. There have always been very hard to get diapers, and sites that are always sold out. The fact is, the demand is higher than the supply. You've got to get in fast if you want something. I personally don't really feel bad that you keep finding things are sold out. Hope that wasn't harsh, but they are just diapers aren't they? All this money is going to support moms who want to work from home. How can that be a bad thing? I started "collecting" diapers when I was still pregnant with dd, so by the time she was born I had quite the hyena stash, and I didn't get them because I wanted to gain status in this community. I got them because I LOVED them, they made me swoon...lol.

I take pictures of my stash and post them in my sig because I just love seeing all of them. If you wanted to wip out your calculator and start adding up I suppose you could, but why do you care? Why do you feel like I am shoving my STASH in your face? You don't have to click the link. Yes, it is America, and I can spend my (err....dh's) hard earned money however I want to. I have made choices in my life that have put me in a position to spend my money the way I do. Sorry, but I don't care what you think of that. You have no idea what these other mom's financial situations are. I agree that this board is guilty of overconsumerism from time to time, but remind yourself that this money is going to a MOM.

You have your reasons for choosing the system you use, and every other mom here has their reasons too. Don't go assuming you know what motivation behind one mommas wool purchase. You should be aware that many times these super-high-priced wool items were bought at a charity auction. CHARITY. I do not think any of the diapering items for sale out there are overpriced either. If anything these mommas don't charge enough. I cannot imagine waiting until my kiddos were all tucked in bed just to sit at a sewing machine until the wee hours of the morning. Not to mention messing with the PO and emails numbering in the hundreds.

I for one saw your post (at least I think I did) and no I did not reply. Why? Because I don't buy used diapers anywhere but the TP and Ebay. I am completely unaware of any other places, sorry. Maybe some of your veiws were other mommas who had no idea, or maybe they were newbies looking for answers too.

I guess for me the most confusing part of your post is the comment about grade school and competing for nice things. If you don't really care, and they are just something you put on your baby's butt, AND you have found a system that works for you, then what's your issue? I don't usually reply to posts like this, but I'm feeling brave since I just got discharged from the hospital yesterday. Something about having Pneumonia that has spread to your heart makes you stop caring what other people think. Off to take my morning dose of meds......and maybe buy a comfort diaper, if there are any left
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diapering
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › Can someone please explain to me what is going on here?